FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread 3/25/13 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/9342-7-day-motivational-thread-3-25-13-a.html)

jjrudd 03-25-2013 01:44 AM

7 Day Motivational Thread 3/25/13

Spring came last week but you wouldn't know it looking out the window:eek: I guess I will start us off this week

GOALS
1. 4 servings of fruits and veggies
2. 6 glasses of water
3. Eat within carb limit
4. Exercise 4X for 30 mins (even if it's 15 mins twice)

Personal goals
CLEAN HOUSE

I was talking to my Aunt at luncheon because she noticed that I scrapped icing off cake. I don't have sweets very often and I could hardly finish it I just lost the taste for it. My sister-in-law overheard and we were talking back at the house. Brother had eggs, sausage, potatoes and toast. She had eggs benedict. It was nice that she was actually proud that I lost 10lbs. My brother told her since I posted it on fb.

I have been overweight since I was a teenager. I'm doing this for myself not my family but it's nice to be encouraged.

Jenn

01gt4.6 03-25-2013 02:51 AM

being accountable

I posted this in the old thread but I figured I'd post it here so I can actually be accountable. I missed my goal.

I missed my 14 pound goal in 14 days. I lost 13.4. I'm still waaaaay off from where I once was but I'm going back in the right direction.
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...psfda50c72.jpg

In case anything thinks I was pushing out my gut in the before pics. This was me a few weeks ago. http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...psc536f70a.jpg

Today's my cheat day. I didn't have what I had planned so it'll be much lighter than expected.

01gt4.6 03-25-2013 02:59 AM

Thanks Jenn for getting us started!

First off, I'm going to need a list of names of who's in this week. I plan on kicking ass this week. As the old saying goes "kick ass and take names" haha.

Monday 3/11/13 - 197.4
Monday 3/18/13 - 188.8

Stating this Monday at 184.0
1) Lose 3 pounds
2) 100+ ounces of water per day
3) post daily
4) take all vitamins daily

cjohnson728 03-25-2013 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 97204)
First off, I'm going to need a list of names of who's in this week. I plan on kicking ass this week. As the old saying goes "kick ass and take names"

Me.

01gt4.6 03-25-2013 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 97205)
Me.

got it. Happy 4000th post!:D

cjohnson728 03-25-2013 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 97206)
got it. Happy 4000th post!:D

Thanks! I did not notice :). CONGRATS on your kick-ass two-week loss! Whether you hit that arbitrary number or not, still very impressive :cool:

Okay, so goals. I had a major upheaval regarding work that began Friday night. The initial panic is resolved, but things are going to change. I have done a good job setting boundaries in light of changes, now my goals need to reflect that I can continue to make myself a priority. I've had two weeks of good eating back under the belt, so it's time to keep swimming and add the other good habits back in...

1. Keep calories below 1300. 1200 is better, but often backfires in the evening.
2. Make the time to get some exercise. Being busy is NOT an excuse. 6 days of workouts this week.
3. Take vitamins and supplements.
4. Stay on top of work; falling behind makes it hard to catch up.
5. Sleep. Enough.

That's a start.

Jenn, thanks for getting us going today. I'm glad you got some well-deserved positive strokes for your progress :).

01gt4.6 03-25-2013 03:54 AM

Thanks Cassie. I think 172-175 is "my" weight. I held it for the longest time and felt great at it. Even though according to the BMI scale, my short ass will still be over weight, I'll be okay with that. So you want to make yourself a priority? You should have 1 goal for you to do something just for you... besides dieting.

Jezzie8 03-25-2013 04:18 AM

Goals this week:
At least 6 cups of water per day
Stay under 1300 calories per day, 1200 preferable
Try to get some walking in - back is finally feeling better!
Skipping physio on the shoulder this week - he killed it last week :(

Have a great week all!

Robingen 03-25-2013 04:20 AM

Mike, you did fantastic with your loss! You are so on track. I'm sure you will get to your "ideal" weight really quickly :) I'm in.

Jenn, it's great to get encouragement from your family, take all the strokes you can get! You deserve it you are working really hard.

Cassie, you did pick something just for you, sleep! yes woman you need to sleep. We share the struggle of being "too busy" all the time for self care. I have all this crazy scheduling stuff going on and it's not easy to get out of stuff once you have committed.

My goal this week is to learn to take time for me! (This will be a process).

Well, I just came from a "luncheon" at the Lieutenant Governor's house, a very last minute invite because I was getting an award. I ate 2 quarters of chicken salad sandwhich. Had to eat something. I don't know if there was dessert I didn't look :)

jjrudd 03-25-2013 04:45 AM

Mike congrats on the weight loss! Awesome before and after photos.
Cassie I hope you can get enough sleep this week. I know I had trouble putting myself first but finally learning to do it.

Good goals everyone!
Jenn

01gt4.6 03-25-2013 05:36 AM

Thanks Robin and Jenn! Jenn, congrats on your 10 pounds lost!!! w00t w00t:D

C'mon where is everyone?!?!?! It's MONDAY, rise & shine!

kali87 03-25-2013 06:12 AM

I'm rising and shining lol.

Goals this week:
1) Increase water / green tea intake - aiming for 3L of clear fluids a day.
2) Meals to match paleo planned diet (apart from yogurt)
3) Weightlift this week to test out knee during gym days
4) Get over my lingering cold...Vitamin C overdose time!
5) Foam roll daily to work on joint pain on gym days
6) Sleep more then 6 hours a night this week.

Seems mostly within my control lol apart from the sleep and lingering cold. Good luck everyone :) Im excited to see how the week goes!

edit** I should add as well that I am trying to find my goal calorie range. The "not hungry" and still calories cut range haha. Having issues with this. Last week I fluctuated a ton and it didnt seem to match a pattern, so hopefully I narrow it down this week. Based on my weight I have around 1400cal targeted (quality foods only).

amalthea1892 03-25-2013 06:57 AM

Count ounces of water, stop guessing!
Avoid temptation:
Embrace restraint:
Exercise 3x :
Vitamins:
Lose 3.5lbs this week (starting weight 127.4):
Keep calories below 1200:

Mike – I initially had “lose 2 lbs this week” as a goal, but my ass shall not be kicked – I’ll match your 3, and raise you another .5! Nice work on the 13+ lbs so far!!!

01gt4.6 03-25-2013 07:06 AM

Not kicking anyone else's ass, kicking ass with my goals.

Hunny24 03-25-2013 09:12 AM

Ok Mikey...you keep finding me on Facebook so figured it was time to start posting on here again. :p

Well I at least met my first two goals after having baby#2 eight months ago but now I need to focus on the remaining goals.

Goals for this week:

Lose 2 pounds
Drink 100oz of water
Eat a clean diet with no sugar, processed foods, etc.
Exercise more. Been hitting the gym to keep this weight off but not sticking to that or the diet enough to keep the scale moving down consistently.

01gt4.6 03-25-2013 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Hunny24 (Post 97222)
Ok Mikey...you keep finding me on Facebook so figured it was time to start posting on here again. :p

Well I at least met my first two goals after having baby#2 eight months ago but now I need to focus on the remaining goals.

Goals for this week:

Lose 2 pounds
Drink 100oz of water
Eat a clean diet with no sugar, processed foods, etc.
Exercise more. Been hitting the gym to keep this weight off but not sticking to that or the diet enough to keep the scale moving down consistently.

haha I didn't expect to see you here. I just messaged you because I didn't want to put my suggestion "out there" ;)
Well, did you try it?:D

01gt4.6 03-25-2013 10:13 AM

Okay well my cheat has been a flop. For breakfast I had two and a half pancakes and a biscuit with gravy. I was expecting so much more (taste wise), I was psyched but it was blah. Lunch was mexican food, it wasn't that great either. I feel like I need to do something to "get it out my system" so I think I might try the ole faithful. You know what I mean, the sugar cookies at the grocery store... the ones that are undercooked to perfection. So soft! I hope this will set me straight.

Robingen 03-25-2013 12:12 PM

Clocked in 2.2k today. (known route) and I have discovered something very confusing about my pedometer. Yesterday I took a VERY long, fast walk and according to my pedometer it was 5.45k. But I was sure it was farther so today I traced the route with my car, ah yeah 8k. Then I tried mapmyrun 8.8k. So I have come to the conclusion that I really don't have any idea how far I am walking and that my pedometer is a piece of garbage. I haven't decided what to do about this yet, so for now I am just going to clock my minutes unless I take a measured route like today.

Mike I am considering a half marathon thanks to your previous inspiration. It's mid may. I can't run that far but I think I can get ready to walk it:) Sorry to hear that your cheat day was not more satisfying.

chi.kitty 03-25-2013 01:52 PM

Hey everyone, I want to be involved so.. My goal is to stick with my diet until Saturday(Cheatday).

01gt4.6 03-25-2013 03:01 PM

Robin, which 1/2 marathon is it? Do you have a training program? What's the farthest that you've ever walked? Get some Body Glide, you'll probably need it! You should have a great time!!

cjohnson728 03-25-2013 03:55 PM

Hi Ann, good to see you! How are the gorgeous little ones?

Welcome, kali!

Robin, great job on the walk :).

Not a bad day, and I'm headed to bed relatively early (for me). I'm going to read for a bit before I fall asleep.

1. Keep calories below 1300. 1200 is better, but often backfires in the evening. 1183
2. Make the time to get some exercise. Being busy is NOT an excuse. 6 days of workouts this week. Yes
3. Take vitamins and supplements. Yes
4. Stay on top of work; falling behind makes it hard to catch up. I'll give myself a B
5. Sleep. Enough. Not last night, no.

captainelle 03-25-2013 04:08 PM

I am new here, but need accountability and motivation, so this sounded like the place to post. I was doing so well with tracking calories and had great weight loss in February, then just lost motivation to track. Sleep deprivation from having a 3 month old and a 2.5 year old that needs quite a bit of attention make entering foods difficult. So here I am.

Goals for this week:
Track food
Keep within desired calorie range
Get back on track!

Laurie

Robingen 03-25-2013 09:59 PM

Welcome Laurie......it is very helpful to post your goals! Good decision to join us.

Mike the 1/2 marathon is part of a 3 city (tri-city) series in New Brunswick and also serves as a qualifier for the Boston Marathon. I have never done a distance walk before, a couple of 5k runs and a couple of triathlons (short) but I have never tested the walking. I am not up to running I've been too slack this winter so I am thinking I could do the walk in May. Thanks for the suggestion for the bodyglide.

Cassie..way to go to bed early:).

The past few weeks, my scale has been dancing between 174 and 176. My old "good" weight, even though I was following my plan. I really felt like that was a set point for me and a true plateau. I didn't change anything though just held steady and voila 172 today! I feel very positive about that. I won't change my signature line until it sticks though :)

dmartz 03-26-2013 12:20 AM

Mon.

• Calories < 1200 (M-Th): 1148
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 46
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 1
  • Workout > 120 min/wk: 30
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 60
  • Calories < 1600 (F, S, S):
Going to try to get in 30 mins of workout this am, rather than read forums.

jjrudd 03-26-2013 01:13 AM

GOALS
1. 4 servings of fruits and veggies only 3
2. 6 glasses of water 5, why is this so hard?
3. Eat within carb limit yes
4. Exercise 4X for 30 mins (even if it's 15 mins twice) no, see below
I'm adding in another goal--NO DONUT this week!!!

Personal goals
CLEAN HOUSE kitchen counters cleaned and wiped off, stove shiny, dining room table cleared off
kitchen floor still needs cleaning and living room needs dusting but a good pat on back for what i did accomplish

GOOD JOB ROBIN!! WOOT WOOT

dmartz 03-26-2013 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by jjrudd (Post 97240)
GOALS [..]
CLEAN HOUSE [!]

Good Job Robin!!

I should add that goal, but won't. I've got a chicken and egg problem with that. I'm terribly allergic to dust, so when I dusk, I'm miserable, but if I don't dusk, and then I have twice the symptoms. And for personal reasons I won't hire a maid. Its a perennial problem.

- Donna

Hunny24 03-26-2013 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 97233)
Hi Ann, good to see you! How are the gorgeous little ones?

They are doing great. Here is a pic of Ryan and Renee...they are getting so big already!

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a3...D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a3...D550/ry%3D400/

Hunny24 03-26-2013 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 97223)
haha I didn't expect to see you here. I just messaged you because I didn't want to put my suggestion "out there" ;)
Well, did you try it?:D

I think I will have to wait for the weekend to try it out! :D

01gt4.6 03-26-2013 02:34 AM

My scale is lying!:mad: It says I'm up 5.2 pounds since ysterday. No.Way.In.Hell! But it is what it is, so that's what I'll go by. I'm glad I've taken pics!

jjrudd 03-26-2013 03:17 AM

Got my workout in this morning 35 mins!
Have to pick up some prescriptions this afternoon so short walk too.

Mike, that is why I only weigh once a week (at least I try to sometimes I do twice). That can't be right though??

Jenn

01gt4.6 03-26-2013 03:22 AM

Thanks Jenn for getting us started!

First off, I'm going to need a list of names of who's in this week. I plan on kicking ass this week. As the old saying goes "kick ass and take names" haha.

Monday 3/11/13 - 197.4
Monday 3/18/13 - 188.8

Stating this Monday at 184.0, Tues 189.2
1) Lose 3 pounds +5.2
2) 100+ ounces of water per day close
3) post daily yes
4) take all vitamins daily no

01gt4.6 03-26-2013 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by kali87 (Post 97217)
I'm rising and shining lol.

Goals this week:
1) Increase water / green tea intake - aiming for 3L of clear fluids a day.
2) Meals to match paleo planned diet (apart from yogurt)
3) Weightlift this week to test out knee during gym days
4) Get over my lingering cold...Vitamin C overdose time!
5) Foam roll daily to work on joint pain on gym days
6) Sleep more then 6 hours a night this week.

Seems mostly within my control lol apart from the sleep and lingering cold. Good luck everyone :) Im excited to see how the week goes!

edit** I should add as well that I am trying to find my goal calorie range. The "not hungry" and still calories cut range haha. Having issues with this. Last week I fluctuated a ton and it didnt seem to match a pattern, so hopefully I narrow it down this week. Based on my weight I have around 1400cal targeted (quality foods only).

Welcome aboard. I like your goals. Good luck this week.

Originally Posted by amalthea1892 (Post 97218)
Count ounces of water, stop guessing!
Avoid temptation:
Embrace restraint:
Exercise 3x :
Vitamins:
Keep calories below 1200:

Mike – I initially had “lose 2 lbs this week” as a goal, but my ass shall not be kicked – I’ll match your 3, and raise you another .5! Nice work on the 13+ lbs so far!!!

Right now, I'll be happy to hit my 3... but I'll shoot for 3.5.

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 97233)
Not a bad day, and I'm headed to bed relatively early (for me). I'm going to read for a bit before I fall asleep.

1. Keep calories below 1300. 1200 is better, but often backfires in the evening. 1183
2. Make the time to get some exercise. Being busy is NOT an excuse. 6 days of workouts this week. Yes
3. Take vitamins and supplements. Yes
4. Stay on top of work; falling behind makes it hard to catch up. I'll give myself a B
5. Sleep. Enough. Not last night, no.

Nice start to the week, Cassie.

Originally Posted by captainelle (Post 97234)
I am new here, but need accountability and motivation, so this sounded like the place to post. I was doing so well with tracking calories and had great weight loss in February, then just lost motivation to track. Sleep deprivation from having a 3 month old and a 2.5 year old that needs quite a bit of attention make entering foods difficult. So here I am.

Goals for this week:
Track food
Keep within desired calorie range
Get back on track!

Laurie

Welcome to the madness. Sounds like you've got your hands full, hang in there.

Originally Posted by Robingen (Post 97235)
Mike the 1/2 marathon is part of a 3 city (tri-city) series in New Brunswick and also serves as a qualifier for the Boston Marathon. I have never done a distance walk before, a couple of 5k runs and a couple of triathlons (short) but I have never tested the walking. I am not up to running I've been too slack this winter so I am thinking I could do the walk in May. Thanks for the suggestion for the bodyglide.

The past few weeks, my scale has been dancing between 174 and 176. My old "good" weight, even though I was following my plan. I really felt like that was a set point for me and a true plateau. I didn't change anything though just held steady and voila 172 today! I feel very positive about that. I won't change my signature line until it sticks though :)

Congrats on the 172! Not to get graphic but just put the body glide where ever you may have friction from rubbing or blisters.

Originally Posted by dmartz (Post 97238)
  • Calories < 1200 (M-Th): 1148
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 46
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 1
  • Workout > 120 min/wk: 30
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 60
  • Calories < 1600 (F, S, S):
Going to try to get in 30 mins of workout this am, rather than read forums.

Nice job so far, you can get those veggies in.

Originally Posted by jjrudd (Post 97240)
GOALS
1. 4 servings of fruits and veggies only 3
3. Eat within carb limit yes
4. Exercise 4X for 30 mins (even if it's 15 mins twice) no, see below
I'm adding in another goal--NO DONUT this week!!!

Personal goals
CLEAN HOUSE kitchen counters cleaned and wiped off, stove shiny, dining room table cleared off
kitchen floor still needs cleaning and living room needs dusting but a good pat on back for what i did accomplish

For me, I find it much easier to get my water in when its in a bottle. Drinking out of a glass makes it hader. Maybe it's just me.

Originally Posted by Hunny24 (Post 97243)
I think I will have to wait for the weekend to try it out! :D

Cool. Have fun.:D

Originally Posted by jjrudd (Post 97245)
Got my workout in this morning 35 mins!
Have to pick up some prescriptions this afternoon so short walk too.

Mike, that is why I only weigh once a week (at least I try to sometimes I do twice). That can't be right though??

Jenn

Can't be right, but it the same scale so I have to go with it. My cheat day wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been.

amalthea1892 03-26-2013 03:40 AM

Count ounces of water, stop guessing! 48,
Avoid temptation: good until the Thai peanut sauce episode,
Embrace restraint: did great up until until dinner,
Exercise 3x : short walk,
Vitamins: N,
Keep calories below 1200: ~1320,

Hunny24 03-26-2013 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 97244)
My scale is lying!:mad: It says I'm up 5.2 pounds since ysterday. No.Way.In.Hell! But it is what it is, so that's what I'll go by. I'm glad I've taken pics!

I weight myself a few times in the morning since things can be a pound or two different within an hour it seems. Then I take the lowest number and go with that! :)

carolynnq 03-26-2013 05:13 AM

Same old goals
1. Under 1400 calories
2. No sugar, white flour
3. Extra hour of movement a day

And a new one:
4. Smaller bites & put fork down between bites

Robin - good idea to just time your walks. My son uses a cell phone app to get the distance of his walks. And congratulations on your award!

Laurie - Welcome! With being sleep deprived and having two little ones to look after - I'm sure you must feel like you don't have a spare minute in the day - but it's good you're taking the time to look after yourself.

Jezzie - I'm so glad that your back is feeling better.

Kali - welcome!

Ann - your children are darling!

Jenn - way to go on your sparkly kitchen!

Donna - "Going to try to get in 30 mins of workout this am, rather than read forums." OK, you've inspired me. After this post, i'm going to get moving.

Mike - all I can say is EVIL scale. They mess with us.

And where is Mern?

Robingen 03-26-2013 12:25 PM

Thanks Carolynnq:)

Got in 1.6k today- that's 3.8 so far this week. My son helped me figure out what was wrong with the pedometer- apparently it doesn't really measure distance only steps and then calculates the distance and I had not set my stride. So I need to dig out the manual and set that. But I have some pre-measured places that sometimes I can go to.

Body glide-friction-yeah Mike that conversation could get awkward. I haven't actually registered yet. I think I'm gonna try a buddy like my sister or somebody.

cjohnson728 03-26-2013 11:23 PM

1. Keep calories below 1300. 1200 is better, but often backfires in the evening. 1183, 1185
2. Make the time to get some exercise. Being busy is NOT an excuse. 6 days of workouts this week. Ye,s Nope...time will not make itself; get it together!
3. Take vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes
4. Stay on top of work; falling behind makes it hard to catch up. I'll give myself a B, Pretty good today
5. Sleep. Enough. Not last night, no, Pretty good

jjrudd 03-27-2013 12:02 AM

GOALS
1. 4 servings of fruits and veggies Mon and Tues only 3
yes
3. Eat within carb limit yesa little over
4. Exercise 4X for 30 mins (even if it's 15 mins twice) Mon no Tues 35
5. I'm adding in another goal--NO DONUT this week!!!

Cassie glad to see you got some sleep!
Mike I do have a couple of bottles of water in the house. That's a good idea. It is hard to count out of glass.
Jenn

Jezzie8 03-27-2013 01:41 AM

Good morning everyone.
>Water - it is hard to get enough in isn't it? Yesterday, 5 cups for me.
I did find though that when using a 12 oz cup and putting fresh squeezed lemon juice with a few drops of Stevia, it helped to drink more - back to that for me while at work!
>Had to laugh about no donut - on work days I tend to stop at Tim's for coffee on the way in and usually get 2 apple fritter timbits to go with it - that's 100 calories right there. It's a hard habit to stop - may wean to just 1 and have tiny little bites to make it last LOL.
>Cassie, I too struggle with sleep and try not to depend on pills - it's tough!! I'm trying those tart dry cherries as a snack before bed, something in them that helps?
>My scale is being good to me - 194.8 this morning!! I haven't been that low for 3 yrs! Hoping it keeps on going!! Keeping calories 1200 - 1300 but need to walk yet...
>Welcome to all the new people I see in here - this is a great bunch for encouragement :)

01gt4.6 03-27-2013 02:34 AM

I'm going to have to replace my scale. My gf got on it this morning, then 10 minutes later got on it again. She didn't eat or drink anything and it said she was up 1.2

Monday 3/11/13 - 197.4
Monday 3/18/13 - 188.8

Stating this Monday at 184.0, Tues 189.2, Wed 186.2
1) Lose 3 pounds +5.2, -3 (+2.2net)
2) 100+ ounces of water per day close, yes
3) post daily yes, yes
4) take all vitamins daily no, yes