Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread 3/25/13

Old 03-29-2013, 06:21 AM
FitDay Member

Wow Ann that's awesome! And a 2-piece too, you go girl!!
Jenn
Old 03-29-2013, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

Where is everyone? Get your paws out of the Easter baskets, that does not belong to you!
Old 03-29-2013, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Where is everyone? Get your paws out of the Easter baskets, that does not belong to you!
Buried in logging insurance payments and reconciling EOBs...can I have fun on Friday night or what?!?!

No Easter basket sneaking for me...especially since I've been too busy to get it done . Tomorrow's job...

My food's been right on point and great all week. I can already feel how much better my energy is, eating clean. Hoping to hit the exercise piece hard this weekend.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Buried in logging insurance payments and reconciling EOBs...can I have fun on Friday night or what?!?!

No Easter basket sneaking for me...especially since I've been too busy to get it done . Tomorrow's job...

My food's been right on point and great all week. I can already feel how much better my energy is, eating clean. Hoping to hit the exercise piece hard this weekend.
Sounds like you're being buried alive. At least you have the strength and energy to fight your way out.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

I forgot to update my weight earlier. I weight in at 184.0 again, no loss. The only progress so far was that I was able to recover back from my cheat day on Monday.

I just found out about a restaurant in NOLA What We Believe | Reconcile New Orleans, Inc.
After reading about it, I feel like I need to go check them out and show some support. The crime rate in NOLA is devastating and they are helping the community by helping the kids that are living a life of crime, homeless, etc., and pointing them in the right direction. Their missions statement is "We are a community of concerned people committed to addressing the system of generational poverty, violence and neglect in the New Orleans area. Our innovative life skills and job training program assists young people (ages 16–22) from severely at-risk communities who desire to make a positive change in their lives. Reconcile’s students arrive facing a vast array of challenges, from extreme poverty and high school attrition to homelessness, violence, and participation in the juvenile justice system. Nonetheless, these young people possess a deep desire to break the cycle and become productive, contributing members of society."

With that being said, I'll be straying away from my diet tomorrow when I go there and will likely enjoy the foods that I shouldn't on Easter Sunday. I will be extremely happy right now if I can finish off the week flat (184).

Monday 3/11/13 - 197.4
Monday 3/18/13 - 188.8

Stating this Monday at 184.0, Tues 189.2, Wed 186.2, Thurs 184.0, Fri 184.0
1) Lose 3 pounds +5.2, -3, -2.0, 0 (-0 net)
2) 100+ ounces of water per day close, yes, yes, yes
3) post daily yes, yes, yes, yes
4) take all vitamins daily no, yes, yes, yes
Old 03-29-2013, 06:14 PM
FitDay Member

Sissy - plateau's stink. I'm stuck on one now. I think that's partially what's gotten me off track this week. Not seeing the results I wanted made me less motivated. I know that's really counterproductive, so I need to get re-focused.

Ann - congrats on passing the 2-piece bathing suit test! - and your trips to Florida sound fun.

Mike - That's good of you to support that restaurant. On cooking shows like "Chopped" and "Chef Wanted," quite a few chefs say that working in a kitchen saved their lives - learning discipline, being mentored, etc.

My worst week goal-wise. I'm going to be back on track tomorrow.

1. Under 1400 calories Y, Y, Y, Y, Y
2. No sugar, white flour Y, N (had a small piece of cherry pie - it wasn't that enjoyable), N, Y, y
3. Extra hour of movement a day Y, Y, N, N, y

4. Eating smaller bites and putting fork down between bites - mostly no - I often forget to do this.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:16 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Cassie - I have some work stuff to catch up this weekend as well although I am splitting it up over my 4 days off. Good to hear that the food went well this week and that you are feeling the effects.

Today I am going for a massage because I have a hip/lower back thing that has been bothering me for a while. I loved the fact that I could book this on-line

I have been walking daily (2x yesterday) as the weather has been beautiful, it is very motivating. 10.2k in so far this week. For me it truly comes down to making time for myself.

Today I am going to buy some Easter treats for the kids. One doesn't eat chocolate so I am going to make him some fudge. Another really does not like candy much so I won't buy him too much otherwise it will hang around and tempt me. My husband is now down 23 lbs in 5 weeks. He's getting around a bit now, so I have less control over his food but he is really liking the weight loss. He's actually doing weights for his upper body and he went driving his 4 wheeler yesterday although he forgot to take his crutches so would have had a problem if he got stuck.

Welcome back Carolynnq I wondered where you were. Stick to it you'll break the plateau.

What a great idea on the restaurant Mike, I am sure you will have a very rewarding day.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:07 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone. Went to a friend's house for bible study but ended up being social since there weren't that many. Because my friend knows I'm trying to eat healthy they had carrot and celery sticks, pineapple and strawberries. I did have a piece of toast with a little bit of peanut butter for snack before I went to bed because I just had a big salad for dinner.
I even made cookies for them to share with their nephew and niece and only sampled a little bit of the batter. To me cooking is showing love for someone.

We are having turkey tomorrow but will try not to go overboard.

Jenn
Old 03-30-2013, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

MUST REMEMBER TO DRINK THE WATER TODAY AND TOMORROW!

Jenn
Old 03-30-2013, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thurs, Fri.

• Calories: 1148, 1408, 1381, 1796, 1702
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 46, 258, 63, 55, 220
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 1, 4, 1, 7, 3
  • Workout > 120 min/wk: 30, 30, 55, 15, 50
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 60, 116, 61, 49, 86
Feast week! I'll have to get back to some kind of food discipline on Monday!

Got more realistic about my calorie 'goals,' and deleted the numbers.
Goal for the rest of the weekend: Keep track of what I eat, and drink, so I can log it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.