FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational starting 3/18/13: Every Day is A New Start (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/9310-7-day-motivational-starting-3-18-13-every-day-new-start.html)

canary52 03-17-2013 11:11 PM

7 Day Motivational starting 3/18/13: Every Day is A New Start

If I start it, will I stick with it? Here's hoping...

1) 6 glasses of water
2) plan food
3) log food
4) stay below 1200 calories
5) be a stretchy mama
6) practice Spanish per favore
7) meditate: SERENITY NOW...

canary52 03-17-2013 11:24 PM

Plan:
Breakfast: 1 egg, 1 egg white scrambled in 1.5 t Earth Balance marg
apple
Lunch: .75 can water pack tuna drained, 1.5 t sf mayo
salad with ff sf dressing
Dinner:
grass fed burger with raw onion
steamed veg (broccoli?)
Snacks:
cocoa almonds
almond milk shake with soy powder and coffee flavoring
1 c. raw pineapple or strawberries

jjrudd 03-18-2013 12:13 AM

GOALS

1. Eat within carb limit
2. 4 fruits and veggies
3. 6 glasses of water
4. Exercise 4X

Jenn

dmartz 03-18-2013 12:22 AM

New Goals

I just realized that calorie the goals I had for last week won't hold me at this weight. Luckily I came in under the limit when averaged over the week. So I'm going to try to drop my calories this week. Also, I realize I always eat more on Fridays, and weekends, so I'm splitting it up again.
  • Calories < 1200 (M-Th):
  • Calories < 1600 (F, S, S):
  • Cholesterol < 200mg:
  • Vegetables > 3 / day:
  • Workout > 120 min/wk:
  • Protein > 50 g / day:
  • Plant! (Wed, Thurs):
Spring officially starts this week. The Farmer's Almanac says March 20 & 21 are good days to plant above ground crops.

- Donna

Robingen 03-18-2013 03:44 AM

ok goals this week

1. Walk 10k (and try not to do it all on Sunday)
2. Drink at least one green tea per day
3. Take a lunch to work.
4. No take out

I had my weekly walk today with my co-worker (we walk together every Mon noon- have been for years) but it was unbearably cold so only went 1K.

Seriously I hate to use the weather as an excuse but it has been rotten. A snowstorm in the forecast for tomorrow again.

Well have a good week everyone......hugs..and good luck with your goals.:)

amalthea1892 03-18-2013 04:14 AM

I’m back. I was doing really really good for a few weeks, and actually hit the low of all my maintenance weight lows! But THEN… I got too comfortable and lately I have not been: exercising; drinking enough water; watching portion sizes; or monitoring processed foods. My clothes are getting really tight and I feel slugggggish… Granted the corned beef and cabbage probably added 3lbs of water weight from yesterday, but… NO EXCUSES!

So goals for the week are:

8 glasses water/day (tea counts):
Limit sweets:
Exercise 3x this week (home or gym):
Limit processed foods:
No BBQ:
Dump the brownies (in the garbage!):
Vitamins!:
Do not go to the St Patties day feast at work Monday… errr:

01gt4.6 03-18-2013 05:38 AM

Recap from last week, I'm down 8.6 pounds. I have had no loss at all over the last two days. Out of frustration, I woke up at 3:xx am and had a pb&j sammich. It was a little taste of heaven! To break this plateau, today I'm only going to eat 6 apples (to change it up), besides my 3am pb&j. :) My goals will be the same this week as last. So now I sit in a parking lot, at the courthouse on an hour and 45 minute lunch to see if I'll get picked for jury duty. Hmmm I wonder if I can eat an apple in just under 2 hours, I may have to eat it quickly. ;)

01gt4.6 03-18-2013 10:48 AM

I am freaking starving!!! I've had four apples so far. It was holding me over until about an hour ago. 2 more to go.

canary52 03-18-2013 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Robingen (Post 96965)
Seriously I hate to use the weather as an excuse but it has been rotten. A snowstorm in the forecast for tomorrow again.

Well have a good week everyone......hugs..and good luck with your goals.:)

It is snowing here, grrrrrrr.... I shouldn't complain: I've been gone most of winter...

Hugs back atcha.

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 96968)
Hmmm I wonder if I can eat an apple in just under 2 hours, I may have to eat it quickly.

Very funny!!!

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 96975)
I am freaking starving!!! I've had four apples so far. It was holding me over until about an hour ago. 2 more to go.

Two more hours or two more apples? Wait, I'm confused.

Multi quoting like a boss...

It's great to see you guys but where is everyone? Is it something I said?

Robingen 03-18-2013 11:11 AM

Screamin fat cells "feed me, feed me". They don't take kindly to being shrunk :eek:

dmartz 03-18-2013 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 96976)

Between you and me, I think we ran them off.

- Donna

01gt4.6 03-18-2013 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 96976)
It is snowing here, grrrrrrr.... I shouldn't complain: I've been gone most of winter...

Hugs back atcha.

Very funny!!!

Two more hours or two more apples? Wait, I'm confused.

Multi quoting like a boss...

Yeah it's a ghost town. My two back to back posts were hours apart. I had nearly a 2 hour lunch for jury duty, while everyone went out to eat, I had a measly apple. Now, I've had 4 apples and 2 more to get to meet my quote of 6.

dmartz 03-18-2013 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by amalthea1892 (Post 96966)
No BBQ:

No BBQ?! The Horror!

- Donna

cjohnson728 03-18-2013 11:33 AM

I'm here and will be more active after deadlines tomorrow and Wednesday. Doing well with food but so short on time I'll have to load up the exercise toward the end of the week.

dmartz 03-18-2013 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 96975)

Wait, don't tell me... Your gf's name is Eve.

- Donna

dar n 03-18-2013 11:54 AM

I am here and in for the week also!

Robin and Hope I am sorry to hear about your snow Robin you have had a bad winter on the east coast:(

Donna Do you garden? Unlike Robin and Hope its beautiful here today the sun is shinning and its 11c if I gardened I might want to be out in it today.

Mike 6 apples how did you come up with that as a way to break a plateau?

I had to take advantage of the sun today since its my day off I hiked one of my favorite trails around a lake and clocked 6.2k :)

I have to go cook supper be back later, enjoy the rest of your day!

01gt4.6 03-18-2013 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by dmartz (Post 96982)

- Donna

haha no

Originally Posted by dar n (Post 96983)
Mike 6 apples how did you come up with that as a way to break a plateau?

it's part of the diet that I'm doing. I guess we'll see in the morning if it actually works. I just ate one, I feel fine now.

canary52 03-18-2013 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Robingen (Post 96977)
Screamin fat cells "feed me, feed me". They don't take kindly to being shrunk :eek:

I seem to have something similiar going on... My appetite has been off the charts... Sure, I'll gain weight in the north. At least I was walking in NOLA and standing for parades and such. (and by "and such" I mean standing on line for fried chicken. Oh well...)

Originally Posted by dmartz (Post 96978)
Between you and me, I think we ran them off.

- Donna

I guess we're scary when we make goals lol!!!

Originally Posted by dmartz (Post 96980)
No BBQ?! The Horror!

- Donna

Barbeque is serious bidness. How's my Southern dialect, Mike? I'm trying to learn how to tawk Southern.(tawk is NY tho)

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 96981)
I'm here and will be more active after deadlines tomorrow and Wednesday. Doing well with food but so short on time I'll have to load up the exercise toward the end of the week.

Cassie, we need you!!!! Good luck with your deadlines.

Originally Posted by dmartz (Post 96982)

- Donna

THAT IS FUNNY!!!!

They just cancelled my class tomorrow due to snow which is good because I feel yucky. Thanks for the laughs, guys!!!

amalthea1892 03-18-2013 03:23 PM

Yes BBQ is one of the 7 deadly sins! DH and I got the family platter from Famous Daves last week (extreme indulgence)! Then 2 days later I was at a work meeting and they served Famous Daves!!! Irresistable! And it had sweet and sassy sauce on the side... therefore my goal this week to run like hell from anything resembling BBQ... at least for a little while :).

01gt4.6 03-18-2013 03:33 PM

Last Monday 197.4
Starting weight (this Monday) 188.8, Tues 187.0

1) Lose 7 pounds yes
2) 100+ ounces of water per day yes
3) post daily yes
4) take all vitamins daily yes

Hope, you really are multi quoting like a boss

dar n 03-18-2013 04:48 PM

Goals:
Walk 10k: M=6.2k
Calories less than 1500: M=1421
Calorie deficit of 5000: M=-720
Squats twice: M=N

jjrudd 03-19-2013 01:13 AM

GOALS

1. Eat within carb limit yes
2. 4 fruits and veggies yes
3. 6 glasses of water yes
4. Exercise 4X no

WHERE IS EVERYBODY??

Jenn

canary52 03-19-2013 01:55 AM

1) 6 glasses of water- 8 at least
2) plan food- yes
3) log food -yes
4) stay below 1200 calories-877
5) be a stretchy mama -yes
6) practice Spanish per favore -si
7) meditate: SERENITY NOW... no

I feel a lot better today, thankfully.

Plan
breakfast:
one egg, one egg white
no nitrite bacon
Lunch
grass fed slider
salad
Dinner
4 oz chicken breast
zucchini
Snacks:
apple
cup of grapes
12-15 cocoa almonds

01gt4.6 03-19-2013 01:56 AM

I'm down 2.8 since yesterday and 10.4 since last Monday. Seems like I broke the plateau with the apples. Going to court. Talk to y'all later.

canary52 03-19-2013 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 97002)
I'm down 2.8 since yesterday and 10.4 since last Monday. Seems like I broke the plateau with the apples. Going to court. Talk to y'all later.

10 pounds in a week. Holy cow. I lost 1.2 pounds since yesterday. I'll be happy if I can lose an additional 6 pounds by my birthday - in over a month.
Keep us posted on your progress and what's going on in court. If they acept you as a juror, I"ll come down there and eat that barbeque you were talking about. Prolly not, but it would be nice...

amalthea1892 03-19-2013 04:11 AM

8 glasses water/day (tea counts): 6
Limit sweets: Mostly
Exercise 3x this week (home or gym): Planned for Tue
Limit processed foods: Yes
No BBQ: Yes
Dump the brownies (in the garbage!): DH ate them all first, I'll count it as a Yes
Vitamins!: Yes
Do not go to the St Patties day feast at work Monday… errr: Did not go to the feast, but I did grab a small slice of Irish soda bread on my way past the left-overs counter.

dmartz 03-19-2013 05:42 AM

Mon.

• Calories < 1200 (M-Th): 1602
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 192
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 3
  • Workout > 120 min/wk: 30
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 84
  • Plant! (Wed, Thurs): (not yet)
Darlene, I've got a small garden w/ spinach, lettuce, some other stuff (mache? sorrel? I don't know), and bush beans. I've got some Plumeria planted above it, so as the leaves come in on the trees the lettuce will get some shade and hopefully won't bolt. We've got a big problem with bolting around here. ;) Elsewhere, I've got a bunch of herbs, mostly in pots right now. And a few orchids. I like orchids even if every year I swear I'm done with them.

Ama, Famous Dave's. Yum. Good thing they don't have one around here, but then again, they don't because he's got too much competition in this area.

Mike, I think I carried the weekend over into Monday. You motivated me to buy apples today at lunch. We were out. Congrats on your success so far.

Hope, you purtinear got the South'n thing down.

Jenn, You're not the only one hearing that echo when you ask where everyone is....

- Donna

01gt4.6 03-19-2013 08:27 AM

Goals for Tori

1-no calorie limit, just stick with portions
2-one dew per day
3-add more water
4-walk 2 times, minimum of 1.5 miles each

Starting Tuesday

01gt4.6 03-19-2013 08:29 AM

Hope, thanks, I just need to continue this loss. BBQ? Was I talking about BBQ? Are you talking to the wrong person again??? I heard about last night. Haha

Donna, thank you. I don't know if eating only apples will work for you or not. It was part of this diet. If you do it and it works, let me know.

canary52 03-19-2013 09:41 AM

Donna, what is bolting?

Mike (is this Mike or GF?) what is dew? It's not Mountain Dew, is it? And you know you were talking `bout barbeque. As for last night, whoooops! Then again, I sent a couple ot texts to you with the wrong number.

01gt4.6 03-19-2013 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by amalthea1892 (Post 96966)
I’m back. I was doing really really good for a few weeks, and actually hit the low of all my maintenance weight lows! But THEN… I got too comfortable and lately I have not been: exercising; drinking enough water; watching portion sizes; or monitoring processed foods. My clothes are getting really tight and I feel slugggggish… Granted the corned beef and cabbage probably added 3lbs of water weight from yesterday, but… NO EXCUSES!

So goals for the week are:

8 glasses water/day (tea counts):
Limit sweets:
Exercise 3x this week (home or gym):
Limit processed foods:
No BBQ:
Dump the brownies (in the garbage!):
Vitamins!:
Do not go to the St Patties day feast at work Monday… errr:

Originally Posted by dmartz (Post 96980)
No BBQ?! The Horror!

- Donna

Originally Posted by amalthea1892 (Post 96989)
Yes BBQ is one of the 7 deadly sins! DH and I got the family platter from Famous Daves last week (extreme indulgence)! Then 2 days later I was at a work meeting and they served Famous Daves!!! Irresistable! And it had sweet and sassy sauce on the side... therefore my goal this week to run like hell from anything resembling BBQ... at least for a little while :).

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 97014)

Mike (is this Mike or GF?) what is dew? It's not Mountain Dew, is it? And you know you were talking `bout barbeque. As for last night, whoooops! Then again, I sent a couple ot texts to you with the wrong number.

I wasn't in the BBQ conversation. That's okay, we won't send you to the nut hut just yet. Yep, that's Mt. Dew. :) I laughed when I heard about the texts. :D

Robingen 03-19-2013 12:29 PM

Welcome back Ama good to see you!

Missed my green tea yesterday, no particular reason. But walked again another k today and had a very intense evening at TKD. So 2k so far this week. Also have been doing more intense yoga, I have been on the gentle yoga kick for weeks now so it feels good to ramp it up a little.

Also doing good with no take out again this week. Taking leftovers for lunch, that's working out well:)

I am very curious about the 6 apple day Mike. Not curious enough to try though!

There definitely is an echo in here where certain people used to be, at least Tori has you to set goals for her Mike.

ToriD1012 03-19-2013 12:40 PM

I'm here. Sort of :) I had no wifi yesterday because we had hellacious storms come through. I shot off a text to Mike about posting my goals. I've gone super simple because I am struggling HARD. We'll see how I do with the baby steps

1-no calorie limit, just stick with portions--doing well, just don't need to get the Boredom Munchies
2-one dew per day--so far so good.
3-add more water--yep
4-walk 2 times, minimum of 1.5 miles each--none today....should have decent weather tomorrow to get some miles done

Starting Tuesday

Will do my best to catch up with everybody tomorrow. I'm nursing a headache (since Sunday) and honestly just wanna veg for a while. Hope all is going well with all y'all

01gt4.6 03-19-2013 03:42 PM

Last Monday 197.4
Starting weight (this Monday) 188.8, Tues 187.0

1) Lose 7 pounds yes
2) 100+ ounces of water per day yes, yes
3) post daily yes, yes
4) take all vitamins daily yes
, yes

dar n 03-19-2013 05:37 PM

Hope Glad to hear you feel better! When do you leave for Florida?

Mike Nice weight loss, I still don’t think I could just eat 6 apples for a day but hey I may try it next time I feel stuck.

Donna Your garden sounds great! I do not have a green thumb but my hubby has been trying for last couple years we are planter gardening basically, he did herbs, tomatoes, peppers, strawberries, green onions and green beans last year. I bought a dehydrator and we dried all the left over herbs and that was great fun and they made good gifts I may try some kale chips in it I found a recipe after listening to you guys talk about your attempts at them. Orchids are beautiful, you will have to post some pics once they are blooming. Bolting? the deer eat my garden does bolting mean something is eating yours also!

Robin Good job with sticking to the walks it’s got to be challenging in the snow I would be hard pressed to walk every day in the snow. Good for you for adding yoga to your days I was thinking of trying to get back to the gym and use the membership I am paying for and haven’t used for 5 months.:o

Tori Sorry to hear you are struggling, I hope your headache passes soon.:)

Goals:
Walk 10k: M=6.2k, T=2.2k
Calories less than 1500: M=1421, T=1029
Calorie deficit of 5000: M=-720, T=-988
Squats twice: M=N, T=N

Robingen 03-20-2013 12:49 AM

Well today is a snowstorm day, most everything closed/cancelled. I am not working today (it remains to be seen whether I will be going to my Wed evening teaching or not). So far no sign of the plow guy, I am pretty much snowed in. :) Don't think I'll be walking today.

Good Wednesday everyone! Hope your day goes well.

dmartz 03-20-2013 01:21 AM

Bolting

Bolting. Bolting is when plants like lettuce and broccoli go to seed early, usually due to warm weather. When plants bolt they don't produce many leaves, or crowns, they just seed and they're done. I chose to use that term because it seems many people have done that here lately, though that would be in another sense of the word bolt, to run away.

Also, I apologize to those still under winter's grip for discussing warm weather, even if it's now officially the first day of spring (March 20, 11:02 UTC).

- Donna

jjrudd 03-20-2013 01:24 AM

Robin, I think they forgot to tell who ever is in charge of weather that it's SPRING!! It snowed a little bit here and it is about -10.
Mike, I had to go for jury duty a couple of times. I was going to be chosen again but my Mom was having tests done so got a Dr note. Dodged a bullet because they were doing murder trial.

Kept pretty well to carb limit but my calories were a bit higher than I would have liked. Did 15 min Wii boxing--arms sore and was up and down stairs a few times doing laundry.

Jenn

dmartz 03-20-2013 01:30 AM

Tues.

• Calories < 1200 (M-Th): 1602, 1060,
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 192, 10
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 3, 0,
  • Workout > 120 min/wk: 30, 20
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 84, 27
  • Plant! (Wed, Thurs): (not yet)
Got a major sinus headache, & maybe an infection. Ate apples, bananas, peanut butter, and crackers. Slept 12 hours. Better now.

canary52 03-20-2013 01:36 AM

1) 6 glasses of water- 8 at least, 6
2) plan food- yes, yes
3) log food -yes, yes
4) stay below 1200 calories-877, 1021
5) be a stretchy mama -yes, yes
6) practice Spanish per favore -si does 10 minutes of Spanish tv count?
7) meditate: SERENITY NOW... no, no

Plan:
Breakfast:
1 egg, one egg white
bacon
blueberries
Lunch:
chicken breast and lettuce on rye with v little mayo and some mustard
Dinner (at PF Changs)
salt and pepper shrimp
spicy chicken
Snacks:
apple
walnuts and almonds

Lost 2 pounds in 2 days by calorie restriction but am afraid the sodium in tonight's dinner might make me gain some back.

Hi Tori!!! Good to see ya!!!

Mike, DUH. I guess it wasn't you with the barbeque.