Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational starting 3/18/13: Every Day is A New Start >

7 Day Motivational starting 3/18/13: Every Day is A New Start

Notices

7 Day Motivational starting 3/18/13: Every Day is A New Start

Old 03-21-2013, 06:16 AM
FitDay Member

Hello out there. I've been MIA for a few days - I'll blame it on the meds LOL
I'm down another couple pounds into "onderland" so hope it keeps going the right direction once I'm pain free. Today is my first day in the office for two weeks - glad we have a microwave to heat up my bean bag!! Physiotherapist stirred up the shoulder pain on Monday & low back/hip still giving me grief too! But I'm sick & tired of feeling this way! Trying to ease back into a normal routine! I've been bad for not drinking my water for awhile so my goal is to get at least 6 glasses of water a day & no more than 1200 calories - only a couple days in the past week I went over that. Carbs seem to be my worse pitfall - everything has carbs!!

Enough ranting for now, hope you all have a great rest of the week
Ciao for now
Old 03-21-2013, 07:40 AM
FitDay Member

Jezzie - good to see you back here. Sorry you're still not feeling well. You deserve to rant. It's awful to be in pain. Have you checked into the RotatoReliever? At the end of 2010, with my left arm by my side, I couldn't move it more than 6 inches forward without massive pain. Nothing docs tried helped. I was resigned to living the rest of my life with my arm/shoulder like that. After wearing that device at night and doing the exercises for about 50 days, I was completely pain free and had complete range of motion back - and it's stayed that way. (I swear, I have absolutely no financial interest in the product - I'm just still thankful that I found it.)

I just got back from the batting cages. I used to hit at medium speed, but today I was only hitting 5 of 25 at that speed. I think my timing was fine, but I was swinging too low for some reason. I thought maybe it was my eyes that were off, but at the slow speed, I got 25 of 25, so did 3 rounds of those. I haven't been to the cages for two years (I broke my thumb about 2 yrs ago and for a while was afraid to do stuff like this with it). I'll go again in a few weeks and try medium again. I think that probably burned only about 50-100 calories, but it was a lot of fun.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:31 AM
FitDay Member

Jezzie - Good for you for toughing it out and trying to get back into a normal routine. I am sorry to hear you are in pain, and hope you find some relief soon. I have read that moving into a diet focused on anti-inflammatory foods works great for some people with pain. I keep a list of the top anti- inflammatory foods in my purse and pull it out at the grocery so I remember to stock-up. Something to check into if you like.

Mike - Are you on an apple diet? Whatever you are doing is working wonders! Vitamins schitamins, I am very bad at remembering for sure.

Carolyn - Batting cages! Sounds like so much fun! No BBQ originated because I over did it last week on BBQ. Not just the meat, but the corn bread, butter/honey, coleslaw, fries, sauce… and beer. I am in BBQ detox at the moment. I miss it!

Jenn - Cupcakes without icing? You are the queen of restraint!

Tori - Caffeine helps my headaches also, but in coffee form! Unfortunately I had a cup of coffee in the afternoon yesterday and was in a weird paranoid state of mind the entire evening. I like the tea suggestion though - I rarely get loopy with tea! Casseroles sound yummy! Thanks for the din din idea!

Debbie - Welcome!!! Nice goals! I would have trouble with #4 though… sigh… Best wishes for a successful rest of your week!

Donna - Sinus issues - ouch! Glad you are on the mend!

Cassie - Hell week is almost over! YAY! Chocolate chunk hazelnut cookies… I am going to find my recipe book now… next week I may be in cookie detox!

See y'all!
Old 03-21-2013, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dmartz
Vitamins, Schmitamins. Eat your vegetables.
I had cauliflower today for lunch.

Originally Posted by amalthea1892
Mike - Are you on an apple diet? Whatever you are doing is working wonders! Vitamins schitamins, I am very bad at remembering for sure.
No, I just did apples that one day to break the plateau. I'm on a very low calories diet. I've been doing ~750-1000 cals a day, which is REALLY low for me.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:27 AM
FitDay Member

A sincere thank you to all of you for such a nice welcome. You seem to have a very nice group going here and I'm glad to be a part of it! I'm happy to see there are a few that appreciate my love for vino and a healthy dose of chuckles mixed with a sprinkle of sarcasm...always makes me smile

1) Exercise on a daily basis - Check
2) Log my food here on Fitday - Check
3) Stay under 1200 calories - Check-ish...I'm at 1218 for today and just plan on having a tea later
4) No wine - HECK!!! I mean check....why oh why did I make this a goal this week
5) Stay off the scale! - Check
Old 03-21-2013, 11:39 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone

Super busy day today. It's 8:30 pm, I just got home and I have only got in 672 cals so far. That's not good. I am a little worried about binging later. I could have planned my food for the day better than that

I walked today another .75. Almost nothing. This was shear shortage of time. Tomorrow things will be better, I will have time for a decent walk.

Unlike Cassie though I always sleep at least 7 hours if not 8. I don't know how you do that Cassie. it doesn't matter what needs done I need my sleep.

Good things, I am meeting my goals, having green tea, no take out, getting walks in. The scale is not moving much but I feel that I am making progress nonetheless (clothes, etc).
Old 03-21-2013, 12:18 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Robingen
...Good things, I am meeting my goals, having green tea, no take out, getting walks in. The scale is not moving much but I feel that I am making progress nonetheless (clothes, etc).
Like you, my scale is moving slowly (evil scale!!!!), but clothes are looser.

Originally Posted by amalthea1892
...No BBQ originated because I over did it last week on BBQ. Not just the meat, but the corn bread, butter/honey, coleslaw, fries, sauce… and beer. I am in BBQ detox at the moment. I miss it!
LOL. I was imagining you living above a 24-hr BBQ take-out joint! (or something else where you'd be tempted by BBQ on a daily basis)
Old 03-21-2013, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

Did someone say Vino? some will catch that. LOL
Old 03-21-2013, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Did someone say Vino? some will catch that. LOL
Bahahahahahaha!!

Got home late tonight; we were at my son's band's district adjudication. It was really enjoyable. I blew the no-trigger-foods goal and had a couple cookies, reasoning that the quicker I eat them, the sooner I won't have to deal with them . Surely I am not the only one who thinks like this.

However, I'm still under my calories, so we'll see if it holds. I had the same situation as Robin...low going into evening; we just need to hold it together for a bit longer!

Jezzie, I hope you feel better soon.

Carolyn, glad you enjoyed your batting cage workout! Changing it up keeps it interesting .

Ama, hope you had a successful day sans bbq again!

Hope everyone has had a great day. In the words of the lovely Mern, high fives to those doing well and hugs to those who need them. I MISS YOU, MERN!
Old 03-21-2013, 02:54 PM
FitDay Member

I will be glad when these couple of crazy weeks are over, food is good the scale is not moving but I figure stress=cortisol= no weight loss for me

Robin I sorta cheated today with walking I had 2 people come in for second interviews and I did them while walking it relaxes them and I got bonus k's in

Hope you are all having a great week!

Goals:
Walk 10k: M=6.2k, T=2.2k, W=0, T=3.5k
Calories less than 1500: M=1421, T=1029, W=1062, T=1353
Calorie deficit of 5000: M=-720, T=-988, W= -955, T=-665
Squats twice: M=N, T=N, W=Y, T=N

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.