Notices

7 Day motivational thread 3/11/13

Old 03-14-2013, 05:09 PM
FitDay Member

My days don't seem to end before 10 this week I am really sorry I will catch up on posts for sure on Saturday I have a 10hr shift tomorrow I need to hire so sitting on my butt for half of the day doing interviews. Have a great Friday!

Goals:
Walk 10k: M=1.2K, T=1.7k, W=3.5k, T=2.6k
Calories less than 1500: M=1241, T=1221, W=1279, T=1126
Calorie deficit of 5000: M=-797, T=-860, W= -824, T=-977
Squats twice: M=N, T=N, W=N, T=Y
Old 03-14-2013, 11:49 PM
FitDay Member

Default Thurs.

• Workout > 120 min/wk: 15, 30, 60, 0
  • Cholesterol < 250mg: 90, 123, 5, 58
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 43, 58, 26, 37
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: N, N, Y, Y
  • Calories < 1250 (M-Th): 900, 1055, 1041, 1319
Still short on protein.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:53 AM
Super Moderator

This morning I weighed in at 189.6. I'm down 7.8 in 4 days and I haven't really been hungry. I had some cravings but nothing I couldn't withstand.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:54 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dmartz
Ok,I refused to weigh myself for many years, so I'm not sure where I 'started.' But, here's my brag:

I'm age 55, Height: 5' 2" or 5' 3" depending if I've been doing Pilates. I just weighed myself, even tho I usually never do that after seven a.m. I'm currently 116.2 nearly nec'ed. That's up a bit. I'm usually a solid 115. Current measurements: 38, 28, 37. I'm down to a size 6, but in the expensive stores, I'm a 4. Prolly a 2 if I went couture, which I've never been in my life. I wear 26 inches of calico hair, down. It's never been dyed. I have no tats or piercings of any kind. I have no problems, other than a touch of OCD. I've been happily 'attached' to a wonderful man for over 25 years, and totally blessed even tho I live in a place prone to tornadoes, floods, hurricanes, and drought.

Plus, I just received the $5 tee shirts I ordered from Target, and they included a freebie, some Supergirl shorts!
keep on rocking it!!!!!!
Old 03-15-2013, 03:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by carolynnq
Mike - 7 lbs a week! Man, that's a lot of working out.

Robin - A mere 10K! I would think you should be proud of the fact that you think of 10K a week as no big deal. Your saying that your son will put things in the oven if you give him precise instructions reminded me of the time I had a chicken in the refrigerator, seasoned and ready to pop in the oven. I left a note for my husband about what temperature to set the oven at and what time to put the chicken in. I neglected to write down to put it in the baking pan, so he put it in the oven on the dinner plate it was on (he did remove the plastic wrap first even though that wasn't in the instructions).

Hope, I always enjoy reading your list of foods for the day. I love okra and have never had dried okra. Where do you get it?

Last week, there was a discussion of kale chips. I bake mine. I got the recipe from Melissa d'Arabian on Food Network. You can google it - it's really simple though. Wash & thoroughly dry the kale. Remove the ribs. Tear into about 1.5 inch pieces. Sprinkle a little olive oil & salt on and toss. Bake about 20 min at 275. So yummy. I use popcorn salt (very fine, powdery salt) because it sticks better. I'm experimenting with the seasoning - trying adding things like cayenne, chili powder, or paprika to give a little kick.

Mern - that's great that you only have to see your doctor twice a year now. You seem to have mastered eating for blood sugar control - that was the most important thing. Now you can focus a bit more on weight loss.

Nobe - if you're doing all your exercise in the evening, could you break it up some? Maybe get up 15 min early and do 10 min of something before you go to work. Could you walk some during your lunch break? Even a little leisurely walking would be good if you're at a job where you sit.

I did lose weight last week. I have an evil scale. There must be something weird with the tile floor in our bathroom. Last week when I weighed myself, I turned the scale 180 degrees from the way I normally have it because I thought I'd get more light on the dial. Yesterday, I put the scale the way I normally do it and it read 156. Turned it 180 degrees and it was 158. Took it upstairs to a wood floor and it read 156 (I tried it in a couple of different places). So I'm going with 156.
Hey Carolynn, thanks for the kind words; I know I enjoy reading Mern's lists and get good ideas. I got the dried okra in the Fresh Market and in Rousses Supermarket in NOLA but now that I am home in NY no dried okra Took me a while to get used to the texture of fresh; I like it in gumbo.

Your kale chips sound great!!! Better than the bag I buy, I'm sure!!!

I agree about Robin: a "mere" 10 k is great in my book!!

I love the story about your DH; gotta love those guys tho my DH cooks better than I do and gives me instructions about roasting chicken (10 minutes regular oven, 20 convection, back to regular, etc. I always just stuck it in the oven at 350 what do I know?)

Scales are evil. See, Mike? Moving the scale to different spots does work!!!!

Last edited by canary52; 03-15-2013 at 03:34 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:32 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone, sorry I have been MIA. I got sick the day before I left NOLA and have been fighting this evil head cold. I have been trying to drown it haha: water, soup, tea. It's been cold and gray in NY; the day we got back it was pouring. Today the sun is out and I don't quite feel like I just landed on this planet.

Hard to keep up with the posts so I will say:
Welcome back, Quinn!!!
Jezzie, sorry about your back.
Mern, great news from the doc: going every six months istead of 4. You got this!!!
Robin, terrible day, hope the days are getting better.
Mike, slow down. I still got almost 7 pounds to go and poker is tomorrow!!!
Hi to Casise and Nobe and all the motivated peoples!!! (and yeah hi to the unmotivated ones too.)

I miss NOLA but will be down in FL soon.

Plan for today:
sf cereal wtih almond milk
an orange
chicken soup
1/2 nitrite free turkey bolona on sf rye
roast chicken
roasted "turban" squash (it loks like a turban)
12-15 cocoa roast almonds
apple (with pb?)
leftover tiny pieces of salmon and swordfish
Old 03-15-2013, 04:24 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
Scales are evil. See, Mike? Moving the scale to different spots does work!!!!
It took me a while to mount it on the ceiling but I got it figured out.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:35 AM
FitDay Member

Hope - I also drink lots of hot tea and soup when I have a cold. I hope you've got yours licked. They've got okra chips on amazon. $12 (incl shipping) for 4 tiny bags (each bag is < 1oz). Not nearly as pricey as I'd thought they'd be online. If I can't find any locally, maybe I'll try these.

Donna - way to go - on both your weight and your relationship! I was going to Target today to get some of those $5 t-shirts. I wonder if sizes have changed since way back when I was young. The first jr size dress I had (in jr high) when I was really skinny was a size 6 (and size 4 was the smallest available - at least in the local stores). From 18 to 30 or so when I was 5'9' and 120-125, I wore a size 9 or 11.

Mike - good job on your weight loss. How is Officer Johnny doing? And why are you drinking so much water? I met someone who ended up in the hospital from drinking too much water.

Darlene - hope you get some time to decompress this weekend!
Old 03-15-2013, 04:40 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
Hi everyone, sorry I have been MIA. I got sick the day before I left NOLA and have been fighting this evil head cold. I have been trying to drown it haha: water, soup, tea. It's been cold and gray in NY; the day we got back it was pouring. Today the sun is out and I don't quite feel like I just landed on this planet.

Mike, slow down. I still got almost 7 pounds to go and poker is tomorrow!!!

I miss NOLA but will be down in FL soon.
Okay, here's the deal. NOLA knew you were leaving her and put a little voodoo on you. The only way to get rid of the voodoo and get your mojo back is to come back. It is so beautiful here, I'm glad that you took the nasty weather back with you. Good luck tonight, you know what to do to win!.
NOLA misses you both. GF was saying she could almost hear the 2nd line come by calling y'all's name. (How many people do you think just went to google "2nd line"?)
Old 03-15-2013, 10:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
It took me a while to mount it on the ceiling but I got it figured out.
To quote Ralph Cramden of the Honeymooners, from Brooklym, my humble birthplace:

Har de har har.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.