7 Day motivational thread 3/11/13 >

7 Day motivational thread 3/11/13

Community
Notices

7 Day motivational thread 3/11/13

Old 03-11-2013, 07:30 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Everyone!

I'm still alive. Had a few curve balls since the first of the year which have led me out of town several times, but I'm back. I'm doing great and my weight is down to my maintenance level... hope I can keep it there until summer!

We have been hit by blizzard after blizzard since Christmas and so there has been very little opportunity for walking, etc. We have about 20" on the lawn and the banks in front of my house are between 4-5 feet so it will be awhile, I'm afraid.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone! My log-in problems seem to have been resolved which is also quite awesome!

quinn
Old 03-11-2013, 08:36 AM
FitDay Member

Nice to see you again Quinn!
Mern, way to go!
Hope I'm up to 4 glasses so far ;D
Old 03-11-2013, 10:23 AM
FitDay Member

Well had a very good supper tonight. Managed to get the chicken cooked (in the right pan lol) by phone so just had to make some salad and veg. It was actually my hubby who hobbled to the oven to do it. 1 day no take out

Putting a pot roast in the slow cooker tomorrow. This will result in some good leftovers for Wed.

1.6k walk today - about the best I can do when at work. Cassie glad to have you on board.

Mern you really should be on Dr. Phil or something. What an awesome accomplishment. You are my hero this week.

Mike I know how some men can lose, hubby lost 15 lbs in 2 weeks, diet alone. There's not a woman I know who can do that. And yes I will take all the credit for that because I cooked him everything and brought him green tea when he was begging for cupcakes. He's glad now he feels great.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:25 AM
FitDay Member

Carolynnq I wish my scale was evil too, that would explain so much but I didn't move it unfortunately.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:59 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy boo

I somehow managed to throw my back out My physiotherapist who I'm seeing for my shoulder, today told me no sitting for at least two days so I'm off work. This means no walking for exercise, only what's necessary. I think I'm still in the 'ones'.
Hope you all have a great week.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:05 AM
FitDay Member

In responding to people, I forgot to post my goals.

1. 1200-1500 calories a day
2. no white flour, sugar
(I'm successful with those most days).

3. An hour extra movement a day.
(Doing every day, but some days it's a struggle.)

Robin, if your husband lost 15 pounds in two weeks, you can cook for me! I know you said it was a man thing. It must be...

Mike...so if your base calorie rate is 3500 a day and you ate nothing all week, you'd lose 7 lbs. The only way I could possibly lose 7 lbs in a week would be with massive amounts of exercise.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:31 AM
FitDay Member

Keeping goals simple to start...

1. Focus more heavily on eating healthfully rather than weight-loss.
2. Strict limit on processed foods.
3. Try to remember daughter is an adult while home on Spring Break.
4. Spring clean one area per day for exercise in exchange for being snowed in. GRRR....
Old 03-11-2013, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

My kitchen is closed and I'm finishing the day 1542 calories deficient.

Starting weight =197.4

My goals for the next couple weeks:
1) Lose 7 pounds (PER WEEK)
2) 100+ ounces of water per day over a gallon
3) post daily yes
4) take all vitamins daily yes
5) have fun and help raise a lot of money for Johnny on Thursday
Old 03-11-2013, 03:05 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by carolynnq
Nobe - if you're doing all your exercise in the evening, could you break it up some? Maybe get up 15 min early and do 10 min of something before you go to work. Could you walk some during your lunch break? Even a little leisurely walking would be good if you're at a job where you sit.
My job is really active but I'm only there three days a week. The rest of the week I'm at home with a clingy three year old. I do my walking during the day (or at work, when I'm at work), but if I tried to lift weights or do sit ups or anything when the kid is around he'd be climbing all over me. So my only option is to do it after he's gone to bed. I could get up early, but he gets up anywhere from 5am on, and I'm NOT a morning person! Haha. It worked for me last year to spend about 45 minutes in the evening lifting weights and doing stretches and calisthenics while I watched tv, but with this job I'm exhausted by 8:30. And I can never fall asleep if I go to bed early so I'm always underslept, which doesn't help. But I'm working on it.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:10 PM
FitDay Member

Got a lot of walking in today. I walked to my mom's (3k), and then when I got there we walked to the mall near her house and walked around there for 2+ hours and back again. The latter wasn't fast walking, but I was moving at least, almost the whole time. I'm not doing my weights tonight. I'm watching Downton Abbey and trying to get to bed early. Harder than usual with daylight savings, though. Excuses excuses.

Walking people! I bought a pedometer today. 3k down, 7 to go

<1600 calories - 1450
>64oz water - yes
>20% protein - 22%
walk on days off - yes
weights/calisthenics on days off - no

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.