Notices

7 Day motivational thread 3/11/13

Old 03-11-2013, 03:32 AM
Super Moderator

Hope, sadly your daughter will see what she's missing when Stanley is the life of the party. She'll quickly learn that he's the popular kid and if she wants to fit in, she's going to have to hang with him.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:32 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in. Same goals as last week. I'm down 1.5 pounds (to 173.5), so the goals must be all right.

<1600 calories
>64oz water
>20% protein
walk on days off
weights/calisthenics on days off
Old 03-11-2013, 03:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Hope, sadly your daughter will see what she's missing when Stanley is the life of the party. She'll quickly learn that he's the popular kid and if she wants to fit in, she's going to have to hang with him.
True dat
Old 03-11-2013, 04:16 AM
Super Moderator

I am so glad Stanley is having such a good time. That little boy in Kentucky is going to be so thrilled with what you send him!

Kind of makes me wish I had mailed myself to Mike, too. But I think NOLA will be the trip we take after we drop DS off at college in a couple years, unless we can swing it before then.

Robin, sounds like you are doing great. Good luck with the no-take-out goal. You are a stronger woman than I and will probably be eating better because of it. I don't have the emotional energy to go into the fiasco that was the end of last week; suffice it to say that it has made this week ungodly busy and I had to plan in some meals out to preserve my sanity. But I tried to do them at places where I have a "safety" order. And I will take you up on your walking challenge as well. I'm hoping to start my C25K again this week; I turned into a real slug after I injured my hip flexor.

Jenn, nobe, Hope, glad you all are on board and keeping it steady.

Donna, I'm glad you're sticking with the forums; also glad you found what you needed.

Well, life has been crazy, so I'm keeping goals simple.

1. Log everything and post daily.
2. Make good decisions and eat clean.
3. Move some every day (and do the walking challenge).
4. Work steadily but not frantically. One thing at a time.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:57 AM
FitDay Member

Followup (after last week's blood tests) with my doc this morning. In view of managing my cholesterol and blood sugar so well without meds and my triglycerides have come way down, she is changing my blood tests and followups to once every six months instead of once every four months. She was disappointed my my weight gain until I told her I'm on my way back down from 228. She told me to stick to the 25g net carbs (total carbs less fiber) I am doing because it works well for me.

My goals are the same as always:
1500-1800 calories
Dietary cholesterol average 250mg
Saturated fat average 10% of total calories
Net carb average 25g
Fiber average 25g
Protein minimum 100g
Water 64 oz.
Exercise 5 days

Today's menu
Brunch: zero cholesterol egg substitute omelet with Alfredo sauce
Snack: Laughing Cow cheese wedge
Lunch: ham and spinach on low carb tortilla
Snack: flaxmeal with whey protein powder and water as a sort of cold cereal
Dinner: lean pork chop, mashed broccoli with cheese, mixed veggies
Evening snack: protein square, cocoa almonds, green tea

Last edited by Mern; 03-11-2013 at 05:02 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:33 AM
FitDay Member

Mike - 7 lbs a week! Man, that's a lot of working out.

Robin - A mere 10K! I would think you should be proud of the fact that you think of 10K a week as no big deal. Your saying that your son will put things in the oven if you give him precise instructions reminded me of the time I had a chicken in the refrigerator, seasoned and ready to pop in the oven. I left a note for my husband about what temperature to set the oven at and what time to put the chicken in. I neglected to write down to put it in the baking pan, so he put it in the oven on the dinner plate it was on (he did remove the plastic wrap first even though that wasn't in the instructions).

Hope, I always enjoy reading your list of foods for the day. I love okra and have never had dried okra. Where do you get it?

Last week, there was a discussion of kale chips. I bake mine. I got the recipe from Melissa d'Arabian on Food Network. You can google it - it's really simple though. Wash & thoroughly dry the kale. Remove the ribs. Tear into about 1.5 inch pieces. Sprinkle a little olive oil & salt on and toss. Bake about 20 min at 275. So yummy. I use popcorn salt (very fine, powdery salt) because it sticks better. I'm experimenting with the seasoning - trying adding things like cayenne, chili powder, or paprika to give a little kick.

Mern - that's great that you only have to see your doctor twice a year now. You seem to have mastered eating for blood sugar control - that was the most important thing. Now you can focus a bit more on weight loss.

Nobe - if you're doing all your exercise in the evening, could you break it up some? Maybe get up 15 min early and do 10 min of something before you go to work. Could you walk some during your lunch break? Even a little leisurely walking would be good if you're at a job where you sit.

I did lose weight last week. I have an evil scale. There must be something weird with the tile floor in our bathroom. Last week when I weighed myself, I turned the scale 180 degrees from the way I normally have it because I thought I'd get more light on the dial. Yesterday, I put the scale the way I normally do it and it read 156. Turned it 180 degrees and it was 158. Took it upstairs to a wood floor and it read 156 (I tried it in a couple of different places). So I'm going with 156.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:00 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by carolynnq
Mike - 7 lbs a week! Man, that's a lot of working out.
It will be more diet than exercise to do this.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:07 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by carolynnq
I did lose weight last week. I have an evil scale. There must be something weird with the tile floor in our bathroom. Last week when I weighed myself, I turned the scale 180 degrees from the way I normally have it because I thought I'd get more light on the dial. Yesterday, I put the scale the way I normally do it and it read 156. Turned it 180 degrees and it was 158. Took it upstairs to a wood floor and it read 156 (I tried it in a couple of different places). So I'm going with 156.
Very nice! Your hard work is paying off!
Old 03-11-2013, 06:12 AM
FitDay Member

Mike Thanks for kicking us off this week! Wow 7lbs!

Cassie Wishing you moments of peace in your busy week! Glad to hear you are walking this week also.

Donna I am glad you are sticking it out with us but I most certainly can relate, general frustration is one of the reasons why I fell off last year and I am still rolling my eyes at the site a few times a week now I am back.

Robin That’s a great goal, something that works for me is to cook double the protein and veg and use it for the next day as a stir-fry. I am excited for our walking challenge I got 15.5k in last week no were near your amazing 25k I think nobe is joining us also.

Hope I am living vicariously through you and your vacation right now it sounds like you are having a great time, how much longer are you on holidays?

Mern That’s great news about your blood tests, I still do not know how you do the 25g of carbs I am a carb- aholic.

Carolynn Your kale chips sound good I will need to try to make my own, my hubby is paying a fortune to buy them keep us informed on your spice trials.

Have a great Monday everyone!
Old 03-11-2013, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, great news!! Keep it up .

Darlene, I love your avatar...very springy! I am so ready to be done with winter, and I have it much easier than many of you .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.