Go Back   FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 07:48 PM   #121 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 7,432
Default

BTW Cassie, that was a subtle invite for a crawfish boil.

I know it doesn't look like much food but the pot throws off the perspective. Even though it looks about empty, there was a sack of crawfish and all the fixins in it. Maybe we can get a bunch of FDers together and I can fill the pot?
01gt4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:41 PM   #122 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
dar n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: British Columbia Canada
Posts: 533
Default

Robin I am in for another week! I do the weekly deficit of 5000 as that should lead to a 1.5lb loss per week which would of got me to my goal but my first 3 weeks I just couldn’t seem to get dedicated to my eating plan so I will need to change my goal date. Good for you for going out to walk you get the BIDIA award for that!!

Mike LOL ... winners get to do what they want ...From Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

Sounds like everyone is having a good Sunday! I haven't decided if I will walk today or not kind of leaning towards not since yesterday was supposed to be a lazy afternoon and it turned into grocery shopping, laundry and a dog walk. Have a good day!
__________________
Blessings,
Darlene

"If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves."
Thomas Edison

Jan 2008=195 lbs
Nov 2009=135 lbs
July 2011=169 lbs
Jan 27 2012=143
Jan 25 2013=168
Mar 15 2013=158
Goal=140, June 17,2013
dar n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:52 PM   #123 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 7,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar n View Post

Mike LOL ... winners get to do what they want ...From Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

One of my favorite scenes (PG warning)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZbsM2R0jqM
01gt4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:20 PM   #124 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 7,432
Default

Where are the weekend warriors???
01gt4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:36 PM   #125 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
cjohnson728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,083
Default

Good for you, Robin! Way to go

I went back and forth about actually going. I was so tired and had so much home stuff and work stuff to do; I knew if I went, I would be gone a while so I almost talked myself out of it. But I went, 5 miles down, about 8 k, I guess, so that hits that goal for the week. And it helped clear my head a little, which I definitely needed.

Mike, so glad Stanley is having a wonderful time! I am sure his creator and class are going to love hearing about it. The crawfish boil looks awesome. I think we should try to get a bunch of folks together...how much fun would that be?!?!
__________________
Cassie

And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.
-John Steinbeck
cjohnson728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:59 PM   #126 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 7,432
Default

Cassie, congrats on the miles. It would be such a fun time to get a group to meet up.
01gt4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:07 AM   #127 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 441
Default

  • Workout > 120 min/wk: 15, 30, 60, 0, 0, 0, (60 today)
  • Cholesterol < 250mg: 90, 123, 5, 58, 214, 189
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 43, 58, 26, 37, 80, 80
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: N, N, Y, Y, 2.5, Y
  • Calories < 1250 (M-Th): 900, 1055, 1041, 1319
  • Calories < 1800 (F, S, S): 2245, 1532
Mike: I reigned in the cals on Saturday a bit, but only a bit. It gets harder on weekends. & BTW, crawfish will probably knock my cholesterol over the fence.

Robin: Flooding, broken leg and snow. Doesn't sound like a great combo. Good to hear your hubby is on the mend, enough to drive seems like a pretty quick recovery. I guess like most things, there are good days and bad. Glad you were able to get your walk in.

Jezzie: Yesterday must have been homemade soup day. Honey was under attack by some virus, so I made him chicken noodle. It was so worth the work. When you're feeling up to it you're going to have to find a really good Pilates instructor to help you with your back.

Nobe: It's sad that your co-worker didn't want to 'bother' anyone with her medical issues. The way I understand it, if it was a stroke the first hour is critical. And I don't have any advice on the pedometers. I never used one!

Cassie: Hope the presentation went well.

Hope: Enjoy Florida. What part are you going to?

Mern! Come back Mern!

Everyone else, see you Monday.
dmartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:20 AM   #128 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: canada
Posts: 441
Default

I don't know how I did it after starting the day with waffles, but everything looks pretty good! Except the weights, which I'm not doing because my work week is brutal and I don't wanna. Chances are I'll have something sweet later, but if I do I'll keep it within 150 calories.

I've been weighing myself every day or two and I haven't been close to the 173.5 I was at last Monday, so maybe that's why I'm in a bit of a funk. I'm being really good (for the most part) and I'm still back up to 176. Frustrating. I guess I have to get stricter with myself.

Thanks for all the nice responses everyone. I'm going to try to get better at replying. I'm pretty tired.

<1600 calories - 1450, 2140, 1327, 1493, 1891, 1450
>64oz water - yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, no
>20% protein - 22%, 21%, 26%, 29% (!), 24%, 31% (!!)
walk on days off - yes (3k+), worked, yes (3.3k), yes (pedometers were useless, guessing about 3k?), worked, yes
weights/calisthenics on days off - no, worked, no, some, worked, no
__________________
Start: Feb 1/12 - 203lbs
168lbs 07/18/12
Currently: 173.5 lbs
mini goal: 168 lbs
final goal: 140lbs
nobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:10 AM   #129 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2
Default

Mike,

You're doing a great job!! Keep up the hard work, you look fantastic.
ndps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:37 AM   #130 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 7,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmartz View Post
  • Workout > 120 min/wk: 15, 30, 60, 0, 0, 0, (60 today)
  • Cholesterol < 250mg: 90, 123, 5, 58, 214, 189
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 43, 58, 26, 37, 80, 80
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: N, N, Y, Y, 2.5, Y
  • Calories < 1250 (M-Th): 900, 1055, 1041, 1319
  • Calories < 1800 (F, S, S): 2245, 1532
Mike: I reigned in the cals on Saturday a bit, but only a bit. It gets harder on weekends. & BTW, crawfish will probably knock my cholesterol over the fence.
Looks like you made up for Saturday today! Good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobe View Post
I don't know how I did it after starting the day with waffles, but everything looks pretty good! Except the weights, which I'm not doing because my work week is brutal and I don't wanna. Chances are I'll have something sweet later, but if I do I'll keep it within 150 calories.

I've been weighing myself every day or two and I haven't been close to the 173.5 I was at last Monday, so maybe that's why I'm in a bit of a funk. I'm being really good (for the most part) and I'm still back up to 176. Frustrating. I guess I have to get stricter with myself.

Thanks for all the nice responses everyone. I'm going to try to get better at replying. I'm pretty tired.

<1600 calories - 1450, 2140, 1327, 1493, 1891, 1450
>64oz water - yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, no
>20% protein - 22%, 21%, 26%, 29% (!), 24%, 31% (!!)
walk on days off - yes (3k+), worked, yes (3.3k), yes (pedometers were useless, guessing about 3k?), worked, yes
weights/calisthenics on days off - no, worked, no, some, worked, no
you had a lot of green this week, head up head...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndps View Post
Mike,

You're doing a great job!! Keep up the hard work, you look fantastic.
thanks, those are older pics, I've gained since then.
01gt4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2