Notices

7 Day motivational thread 3/11/13

Old 03-17-2013, 03:41 AM
FitDay Member

goals:
1) 6 glasses water- at least for all days: y, y, y, y, y, y
2) plan meals- y, y, y, y, y, y
3) get close to plan-n, n, n, n, meh started but went so off... dinner with poke rbuddy and his finacee and then poker, heavy sigh. I ate nonstop for hours. Adn drank cognac (one small glass)
4) stretch - n, n, n, y, y n and no excuses 5) walk or gym - y, n, n, n,n
6) fight head cold-y,y,y,y,y n and I have to be careful7) write 3-4 days min.-n, n, n, journal type stuff th & fr, trying to get back in YES

(Evil) Plan
Homemade seafood salad on multigrain roll with lettuce
chicken soup with two wontons because they are there
corned beef and cabbage and potatoes
fruit salad
turkey bologna
Old 03-17-2013, 03:51 AM
FitDay Member

HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike, no fair, I can't keep up with you!!!!

Nobe, I am so sorry to hear aobut your co worker. I think it's sad she didn't want to "bother anyone." I am no doctor; could it be Bells Palsy, I wonder? Obviously, I don't know all the facts just thinking. I hope you're doing well; your results look really good!

Jezzie, I hope your back heals quickly and completely.

Hugs to all.

I have these stupid fibro symptoms, the cold, I think, is partly the cause. Lucky I'm going to FL where I hear it is in the 80s; that should help fix me up. Plus seeing my DD and my father in law; I really miss them. On top of this, Stanley needs a change of scenery, too gray here.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator

Today I was up .2 from yesterday. Just one of those things. This just goes to show that sometimes the scale will do funny things. Either way, I know I was deficient and the loss will be there. Tomorrow's weigh in will be the end of week one and the beginning of week two. I know I will be down again in the morning and go way passed my 7 pound goal.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:51 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
Mike, no fair, I can't keep up with you!!!!
To quote my good friend Ricky Bobby

I'm an ass, but I'm not that big of an ass. That was a joke. I guess if anyone has seen the movie they'd get the humor in it.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:53 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I know I will be down again in the morning and go way passed my 7 pound goal.
Yes, Robin...I agree...it drops much quicker for men. Not that you aren't working for it, Mike, but I could eat nothing for a week and still not have the mathematical deficit to drop 7 lbs! But who said life was fair? Glad you are seeing a loss, at any rate.

Yes, i am in for walking next week. I've done 3.2 so far with the craziness but regardless of how much I have to do, I'm getting out on the trail today to clear my brain and get moving. That should get me to 10.

Food wise has been okay. When I've gone off the plan, it hasn't been by much.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:04 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Yes, Robin...I agree...it drops much quicker for men. Not that you aren't working for it, Mike, but I could eat nothing for a week and still not have the mathematical deficit to drop 7 lbs! But who said life was fair? Glad you are seeing a loss, at any rate.
This is not true. Come to my house, let e feed you 10 pounds of salty crawfish, and all the other gut bloating foods that I've been eating. It'll fall right off. I swear the first 5 pounds or more was merely water weight. From here on out is when it gets tough and the loss slows down.
It's starting to get harder now, last night I was pretty hungry so I ended up eating an apple. I've been waking up craving some of my old habits -> PB&J sammich, hot glazed donuts, warm honey buns, warm Grands cinnamon rolls, blasts, etc. Tori set me a pic of the made from scratch coconut pecan icing that goes with the monster sized German Chocolate Cake that she makes that will make you want to slap yo mama. I had to ask her to not send any more pics and amazingly enough, I think she's going to comply.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
DITTO!! No loss this week but at least I'm not gaining.
Jenn
Old 03-17-2013, 07:01 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Cassie for the motivation, I sucked it up, put on my boots, mitts and coat and did another 3.5. There was a very cold wind but I am happier and so is the dog. Only 7.3k for the week but better than nothing.

Hope I wish for you to see sunshine and warmth in Florida, the cold is tough. The cold has bothered me this year more than ever before. I don't know if it has been colder or not but it sure feels like it.

You're right Jenn, see the bright side and keep going.

Mike have you shaved off the Duck Dynasty beard? Are you looking more like Willy or Jase?

I love the Ricky Bobby photo- it was a great movie. Nascar is a regular Sunday visitor to my house.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:26 AM
FitDay Member

Today I was up .2 from yesterday. Just one of those things. This just goes to show that sometimes the scale will do funny things. Either way, I know I was deficient and the loss will be there. Tomorrow's weigh in will be the end of week one and the beginning of week two. I know I will be down again in the morning and go way passed my 7 pound goal.

You need to hang your scale from the ceiling....

This is not true. Come to my house, let e feed you 10 pounds of salty crawfish, and all the other gut bloating foods that I've been eating. It'll fall right off. I swear the first 5 pounds or more was merely water weight. From here on out is when it gets tough and the loss slows down.
It's starting to get harder now, last night I was pretty hungry so I ended up eating an apple. I've been waking up craving some of my old habits -> PB&J sammich, hot glazed donuts, warm honey buns, warm Grands cinnamon rolls, blasts, etc. Tori set me a pic of the made from scratch coconut pecan icing that goes with the monster sized German Chocolate Cake that she makes that will make you want to slap yo mama. I had to ask her to not send any more pics and amazingly enough, I think she's going to comply.
Again with the slapping of yo mama? Watch out, this mama slaps back!!!! JK, I am really a wuss...

Going hard with the multi quotes...like a boss... (phrases this mama hears from her child...)
Old 03-17-2013, 07:42 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Robingen
Mike have you shaved off the Duck Dynasty beard? Are you looking more like Willy or Jase?

I love the Ricky Bobby photo- it was a great movie. Nascar is a regular Sunday visitor to my house.
I'm not sure who's who on the show. I've never actually watched it, besides bits and pieces. It's not as long as either but I'm making progress. I've been growing it for 3 weeks, they've probably been growing theirs for years. The day after Johnny went into the hospital, he had a 5:00 shadow. He's always clean shaven so you know me, I had to comment on it. He said one of our friends suggested he not shave while in the hospital. So Johnny, myself and a couple others aren't shaving. I won't be able to make it until he gets out because my GF asked me to please shave by the time we go on vacation in May, but this is by far the longest that it has ever been.

Originally Posted by canary52
You need to hang your scale from the ceiling....

Again with the slapping of yo mama? Watch out, this mama slaps back!!!! JK, I am really a wuss...

Going hard with the multi quotes...like a boss... (phrases this mama hears from her child...)
I can't find a strong place to mount the scale. I think you really have the multi quotes down pat. Now you can honestly say that the "slap yo mama" comment is a compliment... it's a southern thing I guess.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.