Notices

7 Day motivational thread 3/11/13

Old 03-16-2013, 03:43 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, what is farro? You sound like you've been doing pretty well food wise. Good luck with your presentation!!! I hope works goes well this week.

Mike, I don't even know Duck Dynasty but I get the picture. How does GF like it?

Food plan for today (hope poker doesn't derail me.)
Breakfast (already had)
one egg, one egg white with mushrooms and onions
strawberries
Lunch
chicken noodle soup
one or two roasted chicken drumsticks, no skin
Dinner
domestic sea bass grilled
vegetables (lightly stir fried?)
salad
snacks
apple
12-15 cocoa roasted almonds
tea
Poker:
2 servings of salsa flavored rice chips
tea, not beer, not port, tea
Old 03-16-2013, 04:01 AM
Super Moderator

Hope, your meal plan is making me salivate. Sounds great!

Farro is a grain, kind of like bulgur. It is pretty hearty and filling, and a little goes a long way. It was cooked in apple cider and then had chunks of green apple and cranberries in it. It was quite good.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Nobe, try the mapmyrun app, unless you are somehow trying to count steps. I'm sorry to hear about your coworker. I'll pray for a solid recovery.
Thanks, I'll look into it. I installed one called accupedo. It seemed to work at home, but then didn't when I went out. Maybe I was doing something wrong. Since it's the fourth pedometer I've somehow failed at using, I'm starting to assume it's me.

Thanks for your prayers. It's not quite as bad as I made it out to be when I was grumbling last night. My coworker is still at work, but she's not doing very well. It was actually about a week and a half ago that she thinks she had the stroke, but didn't tell anyone because she didn't want to worry them. She finally went to her doctor on Thursday and he thinks it was a stroke, but they're doing tests. She can't move one side of her face (only one half smiles when she tries to smile) and she feels "off". It's still pretty worrisome, though. She's a nice lady.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:00 AM
FitDay Member

Ok I will try a quick scan to catch up but I am way behind so please forgive me if I miss anything or anyone!

Jezzie Is your back better?

Nobe Sorry to hear about your pedometer problems this week I agree with others there are lots of ways to track your k’s. So sorry to hear about your co worker that’s horrible I hope she’s ok! Cranky customers must have been in the air yesterday I had a couple that made it hard to stay smiling and helpful through my day.

Caroyln The evil scale made me smile mines been mean to me all week, lol. Thanks for the kudos on my loss!

Robin You did good with your walking considering how many challenges you had this week. I have figured out a great loop at work that gives me 1.7k and I even managed to still get in a couple short dog walks in to my busy week on top of my lunch walk. Today will be a different story I am planning to do very little I even have my cell phone in my purse so I may not hear it if anyone calls. Hows hubby recovery going?

Cassie We seem to be having similar busy weeks I hope you find some down time this weekend.

Mike Go Mike go!! Wow great weight loss so far this week.

Jenn I second mikes love for blueberries but I put mine in yogurt and bran buds for breakfast, I don’t know if you drink smoothies but my daughter sneaks her spinach into them, she greatly dislikes green veggies and says she cant taste it in her smoothies.

Donna Congrats at getting to such a healthy place in your journey!

Tori & Mern & Cassie Missing you I hope all is well.

Hope Get well soon, enjoy Florida.

Phew I felt so behind but I am much better now, sorry for the book! So I am having a lazy, treat me right day today because next week isn’t look much better than this week was. So hubby took out steaks to bbque I am going to have asparagus, salad and rye bread and a bottle (or 2) of good wine with it. I started my day with a handful of nuts so that lunch could be whole grain chips with salsa, avocado and garlic hummus and it was a fabulously healthy yet high in calories treat. I am totally expecting a high calorie day but I have tried to choose healthy food and just enjoy every bite. I have done my housework and I think I will hunker down in front of a computer game with a hot cup of coffee and enjoy doing nothing.

I hope you are all enjoying your Saturday!
Old 03-16-2013, 08:19 AM
FitDay Member

• Workout > 120 min/wk: 15, 30, 60, 0, 0
  • Cholesterol < 250mg: 90, 123, 5, 58, 214
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 43, 58, 26, 37, 80
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: N, N, Y, Y, 2.5
  • Calories < 1250 (M-Th): 900, 1055, 1041, 1319
  • Calories < 1800 (F, S, S): 2245,
Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, & red wine.

Mern, Where are you? Hope you're not still out celebrating that great checkup!

- Donna
Old 03-16-2013, 09:06 AM
FitDay Member

Checking in. The back is still sore but somewhat better. Can't sit or stand for too long but seeing some progress which is encouraging. Too many calories yesterday but doing OK today. Homemade soup cooking for supper and watching snow fall outside.

I see some great walking accomplishments - can't wait to start too.

Dar, sounds like a great Saturday for you :-)

Hope everyone has a terrific weekend and stays strong.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
Cassie, what is farro? You sound like you've been doing pretty well food wise. Good luck with your presentation!!! I hope works goes well this week.

Mike, I don't even know Duck Dynasty but I get the picture. How does GF like it?
I think she's okay with it, I think she liked it at first though.

Originally Posted by nobe
Thanks, I'll look into it. I installed one called accupedo. It seemed to work at home, but then didn't when I went out. Maybe I was doing something wrong. Since it's the fourth pedometer I've somehow failed at using, I'm starting to assume it's me.

Thanks for your prayers. It's not quite as bad as I made it out to be when I was grumbling last night. My coworker is still at work, but she's not doing very well. It was actually about a week and a half ago that she thinks she had the stroke, but didn't tell anyone because she didn't want to worry them. She finally went to her doctor on Thursday and he thinks it was a stroke, but they're doing tests. She can't move one side of her face (only one half smiles when she tries to smile) and she feels "off". It's still pretty worrisome, though. She's a nice lady.
I'm not a doctor but that sounds like the signs of a stroke to me.

Originally Posted by dar n

Mike Go Mike go!! Wow great weight loss so far this week.
Thank you.

Originally Posted by dmartz
  • Workout > 120 min/wk: 15, 30, 60, 0, 0
  • Cholesterol < 250mg: 90, 123, 5, 58, 214
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 43, 58, 26, 37, 80
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: N, N, Y, Y, 2.5
  • Calories < 1250 (M-Th): 900, 1055, 1041, 1319
  • Calories < 1800 (F, S, S): 2245,
Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, & red wine.

Mern, Where are you? Hope you're not still out celebrating that great checkup!

- Donna
yes, where is Mern? Good job so far this week, lets not let the weekend fall apart on us.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

My kitchen is closed. I'm finishing the day at -1240

I'll weigh in tomorrow morning and edit this post with the new numbers.

Starting weight, Monday = 197.4, Tuesday 194.8, Wednesday 192.2, Thursday 190.8, Friday 189.6, Saturday 188.6, Sunday 188.8

My goals for the next couple weeks:
DONE1) Lose 7 pounds (PER WEEK) (-8.6 pounds so far)
2) 100+ ounces of water per day over a gallon, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
3) post daily yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
4) take all vitamins daily yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
DONE 5) have fun and help raise a lot of money for Johnny on Thursday yes

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 03-17-2013 at 04:34 AM.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:47 PM
FitDay Member

Missed yesterday. Today probably wasn't much better but I'm logging it anyway. At least the brownies are all gone at work, so I won't have them staring at me on Monday.

<1600 calories - 1450, 2140, 1327, 1493, 1891
>64oz water - yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
>20% protein - 22%, 21%, 26%, 29% (!), 24%
walk on days off - yes (3k+), worked, yes (3.3k), yes (pedometers were useless, guessing about 3k?), worked
weights/calisthenics on days off - no, worked, no, some, worked
Old 03-17-2013, 01:11 AM
FitDay Member

I had high hopes of catching up walking this weekend but it's been so cold........I just don't have the heart for it (wrapping up in all that winter gear). I think I am having a sick of winter episode. So my total k for this week was done Monday and Tuesday, 3.8.

The flooding episode we had was really bad, some people were evacuated, one school was closed. And yet there are still huge piles of snow!

Hubby has lost 21 lbs since he broke his leg, like I said, men, me I am lucky to lose 1 lb a week and I am feeding us both. His leg is healing great seems like. And he is driving some now. I am sure he will be ready for motorcycle season (whenever that comes).

Nobe you know your calories don't look that bad and you got walks in! I notice that some people for for a weekly deficit instead of a daily one, seems that there is more flexibility there for the unexpected things that come up.

I am looking forward to starting a new week tomorrow! Less crazy scheduling, maybe some me time in there. Again Darlene? Cassie you in? Nobe? Any other walkers? And just where is Mern and her daily updates?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.