Notices

7 day motivational thread 3/4/13

Old 03-07-2013, 01:40 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Boo, love your comment about "Onederland"! I don't really have any tips to give you on meditation as I've just started myself but like I said, stop to ask yourself if this is what your body needs vs is this what my emotions are craving. If you stop long enough to think about it and reason with yourself, in most cases it will pass. Pick up a book or go for a short walk - walking in a peaceful place is a form of meditation - enjoy the view

Dar, thanks for the dancing smiley - cute! Another pound down this morning!

Everyone, hope you all have a fantastic, craving free day!!

For a treat, buy a different kind of fruit to try - an adventure into unknown tastes
Old 03-07-2013, 01:44 AM
FitDay Member

I usually try to only weigh myself once a week but this morning I decided to hop on the dreaded scale since I have noticed a little change in my body
So...drum roll please...

I'M DOWN 10LBS!!

Jenn
Old 03-07-2013, 02:02 AM
FitDay Member

That's awesome Jenn - good going!!
Old 03-07-2013, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

Robin, I posted a new weight a couple days ago, but that was to revise it upward by a pound and a half. I am back to losing--just hadn't changed my weight for a while.

Nobe, you're doing a fine job. Good call on eating mango instead of dessert. Kudos on the pre-logging. "...barring some kind of pastry incident" My DH found new, inexpensive faux fruit turnovers. They are incredibly flaky and delicious (I know because I had one on a cheat several weeks ago) and just one has more than my whole day's carb allowance. I'm going to ask him to put those in a place where I won't see them.

Boo, feel better soon! I'm no expert, but I'd think with all that cardio and exercise, you very well may need more calories. Why not just revise your calorie goal now? Nothing wrong with changing a goal before the week is up. You've done a marvelous job this week. Way to go! Great job on the accountability, too.

Jenn, wishing you a better day today. Major, major kudos on being down 10 lbs. on the scale! Way to go!!!!!

Donna, kudos on your fantastic day yesterday and on eating your veggies.

Cassie, great job yesterday on eating as planned. Baby steps and breaking even on calories consumed and burned are quite admirable on days that are challenging. So take a bow for how well you did under the circumstances. You get a BIDIA award! (Newbies, that stands for But I Did It Anyway.)

Tori, kudos on your successes so far this week, especially on the no fried foods goal. I have made delicious chicken parm in the oven, too. For just plain, uncoated, baked chicken breasts or thighs, I simply spray each piece on both sides with butter flavored no-stick cooking spray, salt substitute, onion powder, and pepper, and bake on a pre-heated baking sheet. The skin still gets nicely browned without frying.

Darlene, we change our clocks this weekend, too. Thanks for your encouragement on my pretty green week. Yours is even better than mine! Congratulations on all your hard work! My baked chicken parm is just boneless skinless chicken breast strips (tenderloins) dredged first in mayo (I use ranch dressing) and then dredged in parmesan cheese--no breading.

Simon, congrats on gaining control over the ice cream.

Last edited by Mern; 03-07-2013 at 02:22 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:30 AM
FitDay Member

1) 8 glasses of water- 6? 7? 6 so hard for me IDKY
2) walk or move, stop being a slug- walked, walked, walked
3) plan meals - yes, yes, yes
4) do not say what plan? ate more than planned; plan? hahahahaha just added 1/2 piece of sf cheesecake DH bought but I'm calling it a yes
5) stretch - yes no yes
6) meditate - yes no yes
7) do not give up (writing, diet, health, etc.) ok with diet, the rest meh... gave up on everything (writing, diet, health) and then decided to turn it around positive, trying to heal, wrote antoher story, walked, meditated, yeah baby!!!
Old 03-07-2013, 02:35 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Simon, welcome. I hear you about the mantra and then good habits kicking in.

Tori, I'm kinda with Mike in that I tend to fry my chicken parm but I think baked can be good and certainly much healthier.

Nobe, barring some pastry incident, I like that. I am having cawfee with a friend who is bringing pastries from her fancy restaurant. Reist! I must resist!!!!!

Cassie, for having evil thoughts re food, you did really well!!!

Plan:
Ezkiel English muffin with cream cheese
leftover dinner: rice bean, sausage, maybe one piece of (gulp!) fried chicken
roast chicken, salad

Snacks:
fruit
1/2 sf cheesecake
dried kale
lox or goat cheese or sardines

I might change out lunch for something healthier: I finally am losing some of the five pounds I gained here in NOLA. I noticed that walking again has helped me shed the weight.

Last edited by canary52; 03-07-2013 at 02:40 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:49 AM
FitDay Member

Good job Hope. Lots of blue!!
Jenn
Old 03-07-2013, 04:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jjrudd
I usually try to only weigh myself once a week but this morning I decided to hop on the dreaded scale since I have noticed a little change in my body
So...drum roll please...

I'M DOWN 10LBS!!

Jenn
great to hear!
Old 03-07-2013, 04:59 AM
FitDay Member

Jenn that is so great congratulations. Yahooo for you!

Cassie great job pulling it back together we were rooting for you.

Hope going for coffee with a crack dealer are ya? Evil people those ones that bring pastries.

Mern I didn't notice that it was up not down, glad you are back to down mode!

Well no walk so far today..........this is going very poorly (the scheduling part). Had to do running around this am. Got hubby a wheelchair- he is more independent than he was with the crutches. Had to pick up a son (over to visit on March break).

Yes Weightlossboo I also think your calories were too low......or maybe the wrong kind for your exercise. If you are trying low carb now what I read suggests that you need an adjustment period in which you will feel sick and won't be able to get much exercise. I know some body builders that get really tired and grumpy when they severely cut their cards for pre-show. It's apparently temporary. I really don't know, I am not following low carb myself. How old is your dog? Mine is 12 but she's a big dog (110lbs) and can walk forever. I have to give her glucosamine for her hips though. She's only sore after, not during.

Well heading out for the walk now. It's very cold and windy I need to bundle up!
Old 03-07-2013, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
Tori, I'm kinda with Mike in that I tend to fry my chicken parm but I think baked can be good and certainly much healthier.

I might change out lunch for something healthier: I finally am losing some of the five pounds I gained here in NOLA. I noticed that walking again has helped me shed the weight.
First off, you're either with me or you're not. There's no "kinda" about it. Just tell Tori thatyou're on my side, no need to scared of her or to be bashful!

Congrats on losing again. I guess you finally found a good spot for the scale.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.