Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 day motivational thread 3/4/13 >

7 day motivational thread 3/4/13

Community
Notices

7 day motivational thread 3/4/13

Old 03-06-2013, 01:10 AM
FitDay Member

Doing horrible with the morning walk.......too much sleeping in with being on vacation. I am going. But it will barely still be morning.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Whooo hoooo

I'm so excited, I saw a 'one' in front this morning!!! Maybe it's a fluke but I'll take it Really makes me understand that physical exercise is key. Now I just have to keep doing what I'm doing & by the time I'm heading for Mazatlan mid April I should be feeling pretty good.

Sorry to hear of struggles, we all know first hand how it is. For me, I'm trying to think for of what my 'body' needs and not what I 'want' and am I really hungry? I tend to be an emotional eater but am learning about meditation & how to manage those emotions - it's really helping. And just plain keeping busier.

Hope you all have a fantastic day!! Hump Day LOL POSITIVE THOUGHTS!
Old 03-06-2013, 04:04 AM
FitDay Member

1) 8 glasses of water- 6? 7?
2) walk or move, stop being a slug- walked, walked
3) plan meals - yes, yes
4) do not say what plan? ate more than planned; plan? hahahahaha
5) stretch - yes no
6) meditate - yes no
7) do not give up (writing, diet, health, etc.) ok with diet, the rest meh... gave up on everything (writing, diet, health) and then decided to turn it around
Old 03-06-2013, 04:11 AM
FitDay Member

Jezzie that's great! My weight fluctuates day by day but overall it is going down. Don't be discouraged if you don't stay there yet.......you are clearly on your way. It looks like for you the physical activity is impt. It's different for all of us. In my normal life (I say that because nothing is very normal right now) I am way too busy.....I have managed to structure in physical activity but my food is horrible........go too long without eating, then eat the wrong things. My biggest change has been nutritionally, eating regularly and healthily. My most impt goal has been taking a healthy lunch to work!

I had this grandiose idea of early am inspiration for everyone by posting a walk before most of you get up. Well that's not happening but I did go walk (it was more around noonish). The dog and I tried a new route and did 5.21km today. That puts me somewhere close to 13km for this week so far. I don't blame you Darlene for not walking before work, that IS too early.

Tori........I can say that I truly appreciate Spring. That's one advantage of the dramatic seasons

I am going to make mashed cauliflower for supper......what can I put in it for taste?
Old 03-06-2013, 04:13 AM
FitDay Member

Carolynn, it's OK to have priorities and yep health is a good one.

Speaking of health, Mern!!!! Awright!! Kicking butt and taking names!!! No doctor knows us better than we do. As for our menus, great minds think as one!!! Swapping out is perfectly fine. Not sticking to it (like me) on the other hand...

Cassie, your haiku made me laugh. I admire your re-dedication to goals...

Jezzie!!! WOO HOO!!!!! This is dancing banana worthy!!!

Tori, of course, you do exist. You and Santa. Seriously, I believe in Santa. And anyone who keeps Mike in line (if that's possible) is good in my book.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:15 AM
FitDay Member

Plan
shake with almond milk and soy powder
tuna melt (or cheese) on Ekiel muffin
fish (not fried) and veg
snacks:
fruit
nuts
dried okra
sardines or ham and cheese rollups or lox
Old 03-06-2013, 05:05 AM
FitDay Member

My goal is to quit being lazy on "rest days"... going to try and get 30-60 minutes of activity via walking on my "rest days" instead of being sedentary.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:10 AM
FitDay Member

Simon, welcome! Wonderful exercise goal. You can do it!
Old 03-06-2013, 07:34 AM
FitDay Member

Mern did you just post a new weight?
Old 03-06-2013, 10:33 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, guys! It's good to see everyone, and good to be back. The bread man had nothing chocolate-filled yesterday so I didn't have to resist anything. That made it a lot easier. I ate a mango for snack rather than desserts. Today I'm off work and started off the day with a 6km walk with the hubby and kid (the latter was in the stroller). In the rain, even. I already logged everything I plan on eating for the day and I should be all green, barring some kind of pastry incident.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.