Notices

7 day motivational thread 3/4/13

Old 03-05-2013, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks, ladies. As soon as I get my head out of my butt and stop sabotaging myself, I'll be okay.

New goals, more of an approach than the details.

1. Post before I eat and be accountable.
2. Stop and think...why am I eating?
3. Log everything.
4. Keep calories reasonable.
5. Give myself time to make good decisions.

We'll try that this week.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:05 PM
FitDay Member

<1600 calories - 1739, 1497
>64oz water - yes, yes
>20% protein - 17%, 17%
walk on days off - worked, worked
weights/calisthenics on days off - worked, worked
Old 03-05-2013, 04:56 PM
FitDay Member

Robin Good walk for you, I am so not a morning person getting up at 6:30 to get work on time is all you will get out of me but as the evenings stay lighter I will be more consistent. No walk at all for me today but I go straight from work to the church on Tuesdays and don’t get home until late so I will get some k’s in tomorrow for sure.

Mern I am so happy to hear about your great blood tests you should be proud you work hard for those results.

Tori Lol I need some ass kicking were the squats are concerned.

Goals:
Walk 10k: M=3.7k, T=N
Calories less than 1500: M=1417, T=1260,
Calorie deficit of 5000: M=-712, T= -798
Squats twice:

Kudos to you all for doing so well and a smile and hug for those who may need it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
greatday6.jpg (7.1 KB, 3 views)
Old 03-05-2013, 08:31 PM
FitDay Member

Jezzie: Well done for keeping to your calories and getting a walk in!

Cassie: Sorry to see you're struggling at the moment. I think your new goals are fab though. Hopefully you'll 'feel it' again soon!

Mern: Thank you for explaining, I understand better now. Though it did frighten me a bit to think that I may be getting too much sugar. I'll go see my doctor and get my blood sugar checked out.

Nobe: Well done for hitting the majority of your daily goals!!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 08:41 PM
FitDay Member

Daily goals!
1. Check-in to FitDay M=Y T=Y
2. 6+ Pints of water M=9 T=8
3. Log everything M=Y T=Y
4. Take Vitamins M=Y T=Y
5. At least 100 grams protein M=99 T=139
6. At least 4 Fruit/Veg M=5 T=5
7. Have a 500+ calorie deficit M=1305 T=926

Weekly goals!
1. 420+ minutes of cardio/strength training - 210
2. Record a loss (Wednesday) - -1.4lbs

Very positive day yesterday. I'm at the half way stage of my weekly exercise goal with 5 days remaining, and I lost 1.4lbs. It's not a massive amount, but it all adds up! I fear it will prevent me from reaching my birthday goal though. Got a mini mountain to climb in the next 2 weeks, and for 1 of them I will be on holiday in Lanzarote.

Total calories - 1,714
Calories earned through exercise - 710
Old 03-05-2013, 11:46 PM
FitDay Member

Is Stanley the little paper guy on the back of Mike's motorcycle?

Robin, Tori, Jezzie, Darlene, anyone else I missed, thanks for your kudos on my blood test results, too.

Cassie, so sorry you're struggling. You have the power within you to turn it around. Your sensible goals to get back on track will take you a long way this week and then you'll start feeling better both physically and mentally. Huge supportive cyberhug to ya!

Hope, yes we CAN win--just don't eat the starchy corn in the field. LOL You had a really nice Monday report--not sluggish. Your planned menu yesterday was so much like mine. DH wanted turkey sausage for dinner, though, so I swapped that out for the cod, and then I traded my mashed cauliflower extra carbs from sour cream and fat free cheese for a low carb tortilla. Still came out OK, though because my swaps were sensible.

Carolyn, thanks for your kudos. My DH sticks with his doctor that I call Dr. Hear a Symptom-Prescribe a Pill.

Mike, come out of that cornfield and play ball with us!

Nobe, great Tuesday report! You're getting close to your protein goal!

Tori, great reports so far this week! Hard to remember to drink up sometimes, but I've seen you do it so well in the past. I missed my water goal yesterday, too, so I can't talk.

Jezzie, wow! You are doing a fantastic job so far this week! Way to go! Being active really does make one feel better--I surely do notice the difference when I slack off.

Robin, you are such a smart lady. Cassie very likely is putting herself last on the list--so dedicated to helping others.

Darlene, yeah, that's another thing about being more inclined to exercise when the weather is warmer--the longer days. Daylight savings time when we move the clocks forward an hour in the USA will help me a lot. Do you do that in Canada? Kudos on your calories and deficit yesterday! Thanks for blowing a good day our way.

Boo, a lot of people forget to deduct their fiber when figuring their sugar/carb intake. It can make a huge difference on the blood sugar impact. Good idea to have a blood glucose test done occasionally. I forgot to mention I also get a lot of calcium and vitamins from my whey based low carb protein shake that has only one gram of carbohydrates so I can enjoy two servings of that per day. I can find it only online--Walker Diet Shake Mix. Wow, girl! Major kudos on your majorly fantastic reports this week! Your 1.4 lb. loss is great! I hope you really enjoy your holiday in the Canary Islands! Sounds wonderful! What are your activities planned there? Will you be there on your birthday--March 23rd? When are you leaving and will you have a laptop with you? Am I nosey? Don't answer that. LOL

I have a list that also shows Nobe has a birthday on March 19 and Darlene on the 28th. Newbies, when are your birthdays and anniversaries?

Last edited by Mern; 03-05-2013 at 11:52 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:59 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Boo, a lot of people forget to deduct their fiber when figuring their sugar/carb intake. It can make a huge difference on the blood sugar impact. Good idea to have a blood glucose test done occasionally. I forgot to mention I also get a lot of calcium and vitamins from my whey based low carb protein shake that has only one gram of carbohydrates so I can enjoy two servings of that per day. I can find it only online--Walker Diet Shake Mix. Wow, girl! Major kudos on your majorly fantastic reports this week! Your 1.4 lb. loss is great! I hope you really enjoy your holiday in the Canary Islands! Sounds wonderful! What are your activities planned there? Will you be there on your birthday--March 23rd? When are you leaving and will you have a laptop with you? Am I nosey? Don't answer that. LOL
I log my food on Myfitnesspal, and yesterday it gave these results for carbs:
Total Carbs : 202
Dietary Fibre : 19
Sugars : 88

I've no idea what to make of it though if I'm honest!

About the holiday? We go between the 14th-21st, so not my birthday. While there I plan to do a lot of walking, swimming and body weight HIIT. I only have my smart phone, so as long as the villas WIFI works I'll still be on everyday, and be able to log food (probably with difficulty) on the MFP app. x
Old 03-06-2013, 12:22 AM
FitDay Member

Boo, I can't suggest what to make of your carb and fiber intake, either. I only know what's right for me. Your guidelines may be different in the UK compared with those of the USA. Your holiday sounds wonderful. Who's going with you? Great that you might be able, with a cooperative WIFI, to log your food if you so choose.

Monday Report:
Calories 1200-1800 per day Close enough at 1823, 1456
Sat fat average 10% or less of daily calories 19%, 12%
Net carbs (after deducting fiber) average 25g 28g, 21g which also gives me a green average of 24.5g
Fiber average 25g 28g. 33g
Protein average 100g or more 108g, 123g
Dietary cholesterol under 250mg each day 256mg, 198mg which also gives me a green average of 227mg.
Exercise 5 days ONE
Water 64 oz. YES, NO

Today's planned menu for which I will also pre-log portions:

Breakfast: spinach omelet with roasted red pepper sauce

Snack: protein shake with flaxmeal

Lunch: changed to chicken, broccoli, and roasted tomato

Snack: sugar free jello with protein powder

Dinner: the dinner I didn't have last night: cod, veggie stir-fry, mashed cauliflower with cheese

Evening snack: cold cod, protein shake

Last edited by Mern; 03-06-2013 at 12:39 AM.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:27 AM
Super Moderator

We are ordering lunch from a deli for work today; I put in an order of sliced turkey on whole wheat with spinach. Given the carbs and protein; I'm having some almonds for breakfast.

Okay, now I'm accountable. This is going to get boring. I doubt I can get on to post at lunch, but that's what I'll eat.

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:43 AM
FitDay Member

• Workout > 120 min/wk: 20,
  • Cholesterol < 250mg: 142, 91
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 68, 47
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: Y, Y
  • Calories < 1500 (M-Th): 1254, 1651
  • Calories < 1800 (F, S, S):
At a hamburger yesterday. First time in at least six months. No fries. At least it was a slow food burger. Veggies for dinner.

Feeling harried today. Not enough time to read the priors, but wanted to post this.

Last edited by dmartz; 03-06-2013 at 12:49 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.