7 day motivational thread 3/4/13 >

7 day motivational thread 3/4/13

Community
Notices

7 day motivational thread 3/4/13

Old 03-04-2013, 05:35 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern

Got in a mile of aerobic walking and have to go pick up a grandkid. Will do another mile later today.
way to go Mern!
Old 03-04-2013, 06:21 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for starting us off Mike!
Good going Mern! Fingers crossed for good bloodwork results (how was the dinner last night?)
Hope I'm working on memoir too. I've gotten away from writing too much lately though. Wrote a poem (with help from a friend) for my niece. Will probably put it in her bday card. It just sort of came to me.

Jenn
Old 03-04-2013, 06:30 AM
FitDay Member

I guess I should come up with some goals

1. Exercise at least 3X for 30mins
2. 6 glasses of water
3. 4 fruits and veggies
4. Carbs 120 grams

Jenn
Old 03-04-2013, 07:04 AM
FitDay Member

Daily goals!
1. Check-in to FitDay
2. 6+ Pints of water
3. Log everything
4. Take Vitamins
5. At least 100 grams protein
6. At least 4 Fruit/Veg
7. Have a 500+ calorie deficit

Weekly goals!
1. 420+ minutes of cardio/strength training
2. Record a loss (Wednesday)

Not many for now, but will be tough to achieve either way!
Old 03-04-2013, 08:03 AM
FitDay Member

weightlossboo - wow! Brilliant results over the last 6 or so weeks. Whatever you’re doing, it’s working! I have no doubt you’ll make your birthday goal.

Jenn - hope your bloodwork numbers are good.

Mern - all that walking - fantastic!
Old 03-04-2013, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator

Time to set some goals. I was told that I needed to make some goals for my imaginary friend, Tori. I figured while at it, I would make some for my real friend Stanley.

Me:
1) no fried foods
2) 100 oz. water
3) take all vitamins (etc)
4) write 2 policies
5) 2 RAKs
DONE 6) update my sig

Tori:
1) plan ahead
2) no fried foods
3) at least 4 bottles of water
4) post something nice daily
5) 2 RAKs

Stanley:
1) have fun
2) make others smile
3) try your best not to charm the ladies
Old 03-04-2013, 10:26 AM
FitDay Member

Default ok I figure it's a time zone thing

I am totally clueless as to how time zones work but what I have discovered is this. I get on this forum first thing in the am and "nothing new" then I get on again at suppertime and Kerpow!! there are so many posts! So I am thinking that I must be getting up and at it while most of you are still sleeping. I think I will take the time to verify this hypothesis (maybe at 48 I should understand the time zones).

In the meantime however, I am going to add a goal for this week..I am going to exercise (walk or snowshoe) first thing in the am and post it. That way when you guys get up it will be there. (If that's what's going on). Plus my dog will love me.

My husband (dependent as he is right now with his broken leg) is quite enjoying our healthy eating kick. Given that I am working less and paying far more attention to cooking. He's liked everything so far except the flatbread pizza . However not long ago he was pretty much begging me for a cupcake and I gave him green tea haha. I told him the green tea would take the craving away (works for me).

This week:

1. Exercise every am and post
2. Drink green tea
3. Lotsa water
4. Cook healthy meals, try new things.

There has been some great losses on here. Weightlossboo way to go! And Mern, good walk today!
Old 03-04-2013, 10:39 AM
FitDay Member

Robin I feel the same way at night I log in and everyone has posted and gone to bed lol. I am 4 hours behind you its 7:30 you have eaten and logged your actuals and its 3:30 here and I haven't even figured out what to cook tonight. I managed to walk 3.7k today it was lovely out I was aiming for 4k but I ran out of time before my dentist appt, I am unsure whether I will get a walk in tomorrow but I will do my best.

Mern Great job with your walking today.

Weightlossboo Nice scale drop that's fantastic!!
Old 03-04-2013, 11:13 AM
FitDay Member

Tried my hand at kale chips (sample size) in the actifry Hope. Ok they were so-so. I didn't cook them enough and I put too much salt. A work in progress. I am looking forward to making them again. I could taste the potential
Old 03-04-2013, 12:15 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Time to set some goals. I was told that I needed to make some goals for my imaginary friend, Tori. I figured while at it, I would make some for my real friend Stanley.

Me:
1) no fried foods
2) 100 oz. water
3) take all vitamins (etc)
4) write 2 policies
5) 2 RAKs
DONE 6) update my sig

Tori:
1) plan ahead
2) no fried foods
3) at least 4 bottles of water
4) post something nice daily
5) 2 RAKs

Stanley:
1) have fun
2) make others smile
3) try your best not to charm the ladies
Imaginary? Have I been MIA that long???

Okay, so here I am. Another attempt to climb back on the wagon. We'll see how it goes.....I'll update everything tomorrow. I do know that I'm gonna tweak the goals just a smidge, but Bubba knows that already.

Nobe-I'm still here. Been off the wagon for way too long, and the scale shows it. I'm just too chicken to update my sig to prove it WHN (my fella) came home in mid October, and life is as close to perfect as it can be. Aside from a lazy landlord who won't fix anything or let my poor kitty (AKA the Jassimonster, the Jassi Cat, Jasmine) live with us. So I shuffle between here (WHN's) and my parents. The parentals are kind enough to let Jassi stay there until WHN and I can find a home to call our own. I usually leave home in the morning for work, go by Momma and Deddy's after work, and then back home some time around or just after supper. That's Monday-Friday. Weekends are mine and WHN's time. He also works M-F, but on an opposite shift. I work first, he works second. So we don't really see much of each other during the week. He's still asleep (usually) when I leave for work, and I'm usually asleep when he gets home. It seems to be working for now, the back and forth, just doesn't leave a lot of time for planning meals. I also have issues with not having time or space to exercise. We're currently in a single wide mobile home (Bub, that's a trailer) and the living room doesn't have a lot of room to do my DVDs and it's still too dark to walk when I get home in the evenings. I didn't mind walking at night at my parent's (or the house I was living before there) because there were street lights and my parents have about 1/3 of a mile of paved "driveway". So I made laps. Out here in the sticks...IT'S DARK!! And there are deer every fricking where. I've seen them at all hours of the day, in all seasons. They just don't care. I almost hit Bambi and his momma tonight on my way home. Anyway.....that's about the wrap up on why I've been MIA. Good to see you again!!!

Last edited by ToriD1012; 03-04-2013 at 12:25 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.