snacks
fruit-strawberries
ham and cheese roll ups and/or lox
12-15 cocoa almonds
sausage
protein shake
Old 03-05-2013, 04:28 AM
FitDay Member

Jenn, great demonstration of will power! I haven't watched The Biggest Loser for years, but turned it on last night for a bit. The final five were back home and going to restaurants with friends and family. You could see how hard it was for them with the aromas and visual cues tempting them every which way. So again, good for you!

Hope, I'm also doing well with my diet/fitness goals, but am not meeting most of my other goals. It's like I can only focus on one aspect of my life at a time. I guess health is most important though.

Mern, again, glad you found such a great doctor. It's really sad though how many doctors don't pay hardly any attention to diet and go straight to prescribing medications. And kudos to you for having managed your sugar levels for 18 months - that's quite an achievement!
Old 03-05-2013, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator

Me:
1) no fried foods fail
2) 100 oz. water fail
3) take all vitamins (etc) fail
4) write 2 policies fail
5) 2 RAKs fail
DONE 6) update my sig

Stanley:
1) have fun win
2) make others smile win
3) try your best not to charm the ladies win

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 03-05-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:38 AM
FitDay Member

[QUOTE=Mern;96463]Got yesterday's blood test results back already--takes only one day for them to show up in my online health management account with my doctor's network. Yesterday's tests confirmed that I have now kept my blood glucose reversed from pre-diabetes to normal without medication since August 2011. My cholesterol has now been normal since August 2012 without medication. Triglycerides have come down a lot from my record high of 286mg per deciliter of blood to 272 August of 2012, to my new record low of 227 yesterday--again without meds. Still a long way to go to normal of 150, but yahoo on my improvement. /QUOTE]

Way to go Mern! That's great news.

And Jenn, good choices at TH! Hard to do
Old 03-05-2013, 12:17 PM
FitDay Member

This is me catching up with people....

Hope--I know I've been away and seem like Mike's imaginary friend, but I do indeed exist He told me that I had to check in so people would know that I was real and they wouldn't think he's crazy. But I think we all know better than that. We KNOW he's crazy. I'm out in the cornfield with you and Shoeless Joe. The corn is hiding all the weight I've gained since WHN has been home.

Darlene--woohoo on your walk!! Calories are looking good too. Now get to squatting!!

nobe--I feel your pain with all the freebies from vendors. I've had to tell my guys to stop offering me stuff. If it's offered I feel obligated to take it, but if it's not offered then I won't be tempted by it. And who can resist cake?? Don't sweat the extra calories, work them off later in the week.

Mern--I'm glad you get a kick out of our banter. I'm just glad I've got someone to help me harass him. WOOHOOO where's the dancing banana when you need it?! Awesome results from the doctor. You truly are an inspiration to us all!

Boo--Your exercise goals are ambitious to me too. Just saw your sig and WootWoot!! Awesome losses!!!

Donna--I won't tell anyone you missed by 10 minutes. SHHHHHH Goals are looking great so far. Keep up your good work

Robin--Congrats on speeding up your walks. That's always a good sign that you're getting fitter. And UGHHH you can keep the snow, slush and mess. This Southern girl can't stand the stuff. And I literally LOL'd at your "call him the death dealer" comment. I might have to steal and use it one day. It's not copyrighted is it?

Jenn--congrats on the will power. I need to get back to that myself And good job on the exercise

BUBBA!!!--WTHIWWY? YGLLS!

Stanley--keep up the good work Lil Buddy. See you soon.

Cassie--Come out come out wherever you are.......
Old 03-05-2013, 12:59 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

Sounds like mostly everyone is doing well so far this week - I won't point out the very few that aren't but get with the program LOL just kidding :-) We all have those days.
Best news I see is Mern's test results, that's GREAT!!!
My week is going pretty good, getting my water in the last couple days, walked for half an hour M, T so far. It feels great to be moving again! Both days calories around 1200 so very happy with that :-)
Ciao for now...
Old 03-05-2013, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

A haiku about following my goals:

No no no no no
No no no no no no no
No no no no no.

Hmm. Things are not going well for me this week; last week was abysmal, too . I am really struggling and I feel very powerless. I need to turn it around.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:48 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Cassie- Cheerleading squad right here for ya, all you had to do was post. Perhaps you are having some difficulty making yourself a priority?!
Old 03-05-2013, 01:54 PM
FitDay Member

Tori:
1) plan ahead--yes, yes
2) no fried foods--none, none
3) at least 4 bottles of water--nope, nuh uh
4) post something nice daily--got to spend some good quality time with The Jassi Cat, WHN doesn't have to work overtime tonight
Old 03-05-2013, 01:55 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
A haiku about following my goals:

No no no no no
No no no no no no no
No no no no no.

Hmm. Things are not going well for me this week; last week was abysmal, too . I am really struggling and I feel very powerless. I need to turn it around.
Oh my goodness gracious. You sound so much like me. I haven't "felt" it in a while, but am kinda forcing myself. You'll come back around too. We're here for ya

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.