Notices

7 day motivational thread 3/4/13

Old 03-08-2013, 02:00 AM
FitDay Member

* Good morning. To those of you who walk - what kind of pedometer do you use? Any I've tried just suck - not accurate. I've heard Curves has a digital one that works really well, might check that out.
* It's hard enough to motivate ourselves and I totally understand how hard it is to make someone else understand that they are killing themselves. You can only be there to encourage, each person has to want to do it for themselves so Nobe, don't give up as she'll need your support when she gets it! I like the subtle hint approach, leaving articles on health in reading range or mentioning a great healthy recipe, or how great you felt after a walk - LOL
* I had a bit of a sugar binge last night - ate almost a full bag of jellies And ate likely about 2000 calories yesterday - once I got home it was overwhelming so need to practice what I preach here. I'm not beating myself up but back on track today. Seeing that 'one' for 3 days now
* Donna, don't let that make you leave the group!!
HAVE A SUPER DAY EVERYONE
Old 03-08-2013, 02:23 AM
Super Moderator

Donna, I wish they could figure it out, too. I had a lot of problems a while back but none since then...none. Yet others occasionally post that there are issues, so I'm sure there is something there.

I do know that they took the site down for a while night before last for maintenance or upgrades...possibly like the last time it is being quirky as it goes back up. I totally understand your frustration and I hope it gets fixed so you stay!
Old 03-08-2013, 02:32 AM
FitDay Member

Just weighed myself for the first time in 10 days. I'm the same weight as I was then. And I've met all my goals this week.

1. Calories under 1500
2. 1 hr extra movement a day
3. No white sugar, white flour

It's a tiny bit discouraging, but my measurements have decreased, so I know I'm still making progress.

Boo - until a person is really committed to change, there's nothing to be done.

Jezzie - good attitude about your binge. Today's a new day.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:59 AM
FitDay Member

Jenn, congratulations on the ten pounds!!! YES!!!!

Boo, changing diet does take getting used to and I have had where swtiching to low carb makes me feel cruddy and especially when trying to exercise.

Mike, OK, OK, I'm with you on the parm. As for the scale, I better move it back. I gained a pound from my "adventures."

Nobe, I feel for you re: your step mom. So frustrating, scary even. But it's like drugs or alcohol I think in the respect that the person has to want to quit. Unlike drugs and alcohol, where extreme measures may be needed in terms of stopping, extreme measures in diet are self defeating. Maybe just try to support her in little changes... I like what Jezzie said. And believe me, from trying to help my own DD and watching that backfire horribly, I can say no one wants to feel judged (not that I'm saying you are making her feel that way, just that people who know their approach isn't working don't always welcome help. To say umm the least, hmmm I did say a lot you prolly already know.) All this being said...

Who called the pastry provider a crack dealer??? You are soooo right!!!

I started the day with pastry and it went downhill from there on so many levels but especially food (and sloth.) Pastries to burger and fries, to gumbo and ice cream to I don't know what. Thing is: I don't even like pastries any more. I just ate em to "be social." Seriously. They were cloyingly sweet and yet they seemed to set off some reaction in me. Am I just imagining this? Justifying? (Mike will say yes prolly) But I swear starting out the day like that made me hungrier... My chest hurts, my sleep was terrible. I can't blame the "dealer" I was a willing customer...

Last edited by canary52; 03-08-2013 at 03:14 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:11 AM
FitDay Member

1) 8 glasses of water- 6? 7? 6 so hard for me IDKY no
2) walk or move, stop being a slug- walked, walked, walked ,walked and danced
3) plan meals - yes, yes, yes, yes
4) do not say what plan? ate more than planned; plan? hahahahaha just added 1/2 piece of sf cheesecake DH bought but I'm calling it a yes NO
5) stretch - yes no yes, yes
6) meditate - yes no yes no
7) do not give up (writing, diet, health, etc.) ok with diet, the rest meh... gave up on everything (writing, diet, health) and then decided to turn it around positive, trying to heal, wrote antoher story, walked, meditated, yeah baby!!! ummm took a break...
Old 03-08-2013, 03:12 AM
FitDay Member

Bland plan for unhappy tummy:
Ezkiel toast and jam
pb and j or mellow sandwich
fish and veg
Snacks:
pretzels
sf biscuit
apple if I can tolerate it
pretzels
maybe kale chips
sigh...
Old 03-08-2013, 03:22 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Day 3 and I am still logging--HUGE for me to keep to this but as I said this is my year to lose the weight...
Beginning weight 145 (3-6-13)
Today 142 (3-8-13)
Goal 130..

Yeah 3 pounds down--it's proving to me to continue logging.. I feel accountable...
Old 03-08-2013, 03:28 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jezzie8
* Good morning. To those of you who walk - what kind of pedometer do you use? Any I've tried just suck - not accurate. I've heard Curves has a digital one that works really well, might check that out.
I use map my run app for my smart phone

Originally Posted by canary52
Mike, OK, OK, I'm with you on the parm. As for the scale, I better move it back. I gained a pound from my "adventures."

I started the day with pastry and it went downhill from there on so many levels but especially food (and sloth.) Pastries to burger and fries, to gumbo and ice cream to I don't know what. Thing is: I don't even like pastries any more. I just ate em to "be social." Seriously. They were cloyingly sweet and yet they seemed to set off some reaction in me. Am I just imagining this? Justifying? (Mike will say yes prolly) But I swear starting out the day like that made me hungrier... My chest hurts, my sleep was terrible. I can't blame the "dealer" I was a willing customer...
Yes, as you know, in da souf we fry everything, once again proving that Tori is a yank. You prolly are justifyling. I also don't like pastries any more... don't like them any less either!
Old 03-08-2013, 03:30 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dmartz
Rant: Fitday servers were being churlish again yesterday. When I went to log in, I kept getting redirected back to the login. I couldn't log my food, and that made me very unhappy. Today the v2 Ajax is not responding properly, (I'm on a win7 desktop, Firefox w/ no cache, ethernet clocked @ 5.75 down.) But at least I can log if I'm very determined and refresh alot.
If anyone says 'it's a cache issue' I'm going to spit, because the 'Brands' IT people should have implemented a proper fix for that long ago. But they haven't. I'm beginning to think I'm going to miss y'all here.

- Donna
They had posted about some maintenance that was scheduled.

Oh, btw I'll weight back in on Monday, then I get serious.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:44 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by henryanna
Day 3 and I am still logging--HUGE for me to keep to this but as I said this is my year to lose the weight...
Beginning weight 145 (3-6-13)
Today 142 (3-8-13)
Goal 130..

Yeah 3 pounds down--it's proving to me to continue logging.. I feel accountable...
Well done!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.