Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 2/25/13

Old 02-28-2013, 09:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by whyme7
I was just asked if I wanted to take a kick boxing class tonight. While I know I will feel silly (the least in shape person in the room) I'm still going to go ahead and push myself to do it to make up for yesterday. Plus it's a new exercise for my body so hopefully I'll get a little push on the weight loss from that if I continue with it.
Good for you! Sounds like fun.

My husband bought a bag of BBQ potato chips. I put some on his plate at lunch. I carefully measured out a half-ounce for my plate - ate them, then kept going back for more. I probably ate about 2 oz. I knew when I finished what I had allotted myself, that I should have gone and brushed my teeth. But I didn't. I need to hire someone to follow me around and slap my hand when I reach for the bad stuff. I can still keep my calorie quota for the day, so that's good. For next time: 1) Don't eat them at all!!! (best option health-wise) or 2) eat them first followed by the other food or 3) brush my teeth right after.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by carolynnq
I think there are 3 stages to implementing a change, whether it's exercising or keeping your closet neat. In the first stage, I force myself to do it and don't really enjoy it. In the second stage, I've done it long enough that I feel guilty when I slip. At the third stage, I do it because I want to (if I don't exercise, I miss it and WANT to do it).
You missed stage four: Bored with it and don't feel like doing it any more. Rinse, repeat.

- Donna
Old 02-28-2013, 12:49 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dmartz
You missed stage four: Bored with it and don't feel like doing it any more. Rinse, repeat.

- Donna
Donna - you're right about that! I've gotten to Stage 3 on a couple of things and then ???? I was just thinking about this earlier. I feel so much better when I'm active. So why do I ever let myself become a slug?
Old 02-28-2013, 05:14 PM
FitDay Member

Jenn Want to come to my house, lol I could use the spring cleaning motivation.

Robin Losing 1lb a week is still great! My hubby has learned to love chicken bacon and turkey jerky also was an easy switch for him to make, I am glad he’s doing well and I hope you are not coped up by weather for to long.

Mike Thanks for the update, still praying for healing.

Hope Thanks for sharing I loved to write when I was in school then kids and life seemed to happen and I didn’t keep it up, good for you for writing your memoirs it will be cherished one day by your family.

Whyme Shoveling snow is most certainly exercise!

Carolynn Your potato chips were my 90cal ice cream bar I thought I could do it, prepackaged with calories printed clearly on the label one was great two was almost satisfying now I keep thinking hey there are 4 more in the freezer, I grabbed some raspberries to try to fend off the sugar cravings.

Hope You all have a great Friday.

Goals:
Walk 10k: M=2.7K, T=N, W=1.4K, T=2.7k
Calories less than 1500: M=1380, T=1184, W=1375, T= 1339
Calorie deficit of 5000: M=-763, T=-876, W= -713, T=-827
Squats twice: T=Y
No sugar: M=N, T=Y, W=Y, T=N
Old 03-01-2013, 12:51 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thurs.

• Workout > 40 mins x 3: 0, 30, 55, 5
  • Cholesterol < 250mg: 56, 202, 166, 57
  • Protein > 50 g: 47, 81, 68, 36
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: N, Y, Y, N
  • Calories < 1500 (M-F): 1248, 1216, 1325, 1159
  • Calories < 1800 (Sat, Sun):
Pineapple for breakfast, 2 slices of pizza @ a lunch mtg, mini whole wheat crackers day & night, & an apple for "dinner."
Old 03-01-2013, 03:17 AM
Super Moderator

Default Long time, no see!

Sorry I have dropped off for the past week. It has been hectic. But once again, no excuse, so shame on me.

However, I do feel like someone has just handed me a couple hours each day, all shiny and wrapped up, because my son got his driver's license and . The process in itself was very time-consuming, at times hysterical, and at times frustrating, but it's done, he did terrific, and he can now get himself to and from school, band events, practice, and matches, and I can be there just for the important parts.

He is limited to these short, local trips until he takes the additional accident avoidance/defensive driving class we registered for, which is the beginning of April.

And I'm not even going to discuss all the mixed feelings I have. However, it was a wake up call for me that, with this next step of independence for him, I have a few more resources to put toward myself, so I need to slow down, pay more attention to what I eat, and get moving more.

Hope everyone has been doing well, and am looking forward to getting to know the new folks. I've really missed everyone!
Old 03-01-2013, 04:02 AM
Super Moderator

Hey ladies, I figured I'd give an update on the lighter side. Yesterday I met a new friend and today we went on our first bike ride.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:07 AM
Super Moderator

This is going to be a great visit! I am so excited for Stanley!

Although suddenly, seeing him on the back of the motorcycle, I am thinking about Mr. Bill
Old 03-01-2013, 04:26 AM
Super Moderator

So is his actual name Stanley or is it the name that was signed on the letter? I looked online at other "Stanley" and they had different names.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:59 AM
FitDay Member

I love Stanley!!! Cassie, lol on the Mr Bill!!!Ohnooooo..... but Stanley does have a helmet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.