Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 2/25/13

Old 02-28-2013, 02:39 AM
FitDay Member

Your welcome for the support Jezzie- that's what we are here for!

All is well here other than too busy to exercise and we are under another "winter storm warning" today. Hubby hobbles around and we have had lots of support and offers of help.

I am really finding that my complete abstinence from trigger foods is working great. I am always within my calories limits and no cravings. Even when I am too long without food and starving I am making good choices. I just need to get my exercise back to what it was cause I am losing very slowly right now (about one pound a week).
Old 02-28-2013, 03:03 AM
Super Moderator

Darlene, yes, I went up there Monday and saw him. He looked better, still no feeling from the chest down.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by carolynnq
Hi all!

Jezzie - good for you for getting back on track today. The past can't be changed. Just forge on and move ahead as you've done.

Hope - amazing what we can get done when the internet's down, isn't it! Glad your writing went so well.

Goals -
No sugar, no white flour N,Y
Calories 1200-1500 Y, Y
An hour a day movement (yard work, walking, etc) Y, Y
True that. Good goals!!!
Old 02-28-2013, 04:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jjrudd
Hope glad your writing went well!

Darlene, I taught college and was a freelance writer. I wrote articles on health, woman's and family issues and was an environmental columnist. I had a few one acts performed in staged readings by a small theatre company. But I am now trying to write more personal work, mostly memoir. So it's like I'm starting again. Monday I wrote flash fiction and really loved it. Thanks for asking.

Last edited by canary52; 02-28-2013 at 04:29 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:34 AM
FitDay Member

1) Plan meals -yes, I didn't post it I had it in my notebook because my cable was down, yes, yes
2) stick as close to plan as possible - no yes too...much...food
3) 6 glasses water- ? yes, yes and 4 glasses of champagne cocktail
4) Do not spend too much time online or on phone or doing chores. Write!!!!- I wrote 11 hours, a 750 word fiction piece (I rarely write fiction) It was so much fun!!! It helped that the internet was down; yes not as much as yesterday since I was mainly editing but yes; I was cooking for a big dinner but still managed to write

Plan haha
Ezkiel English muffin with soy cream cheese
burger or leftover chicken
we may be going out for a fancy dinner so I am hoping I can still to something simpler but:
gumbo, fish in a reasonable sauce; veg or salad
Snacks
fruit salad
dried kale
nuts
Old 02-28-2013, 05:28 AM
FitDay Member

Mike thanks for the update on your friend. Thoughts with him.

Hope that was so interesting about your writing career. Thanks for sharing. I was curious too as to what the writing was about, glad Darlene asked

I seem to have gotten my hubby to join me in my clean eating journey. The article on junk food addiction that was in the NYT helped plus being at the hospital and seeing all the "lifestyle" illnesses scared him. A 61 yr old man died in the cubby next to him in the ER. Cancer. On top of all that, I of course, have a great deal of power over his food right now. Fed him green tea and chicken bacon so far today!
Old 02-28-2013, 05:37 AM
FitDay Member

I have fallen off the wagon :-(
Ok, maybe not so bad. I only missed the exercise portions yesterday because of the weather and busy schedule. But come to think of it, I did shovel for about 15 minutes so I did do something. I just cannot help but feel guilt for not sticking to my routine.
Today I will!!!!!!

My goals this week:

Continue with DAILY:

1) Calories between 1200 and 1600
2) veggies, fruits, beans, oatmeal, flax seed
3) take multivitamin
4) 30 minute walk missed Wednesday
5) 4 minute power workout missed Wednesday
6) 15 minutes yoga missed Wednesday
7) water!water!water!
Old 02-28-2013, 06:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Robingen
On top of all that, I of course, have a great deal of power over his food right now. Fed him green tea and chicken bacon so far today!
LOL! Way to go! Seriously, it will be so much easier for you if you and your husband are both eating the same way.

Mike, continued prayers for your friend.

whyme, I wouldn't say you fell off the wagon - maybe just dragging a foot! I think there are 3 stages to implementing a change, whether it's exercising or keeping your closet neat. In the first stage, I force myself to do it and don't really enjoy it. In the second stage, I've done it long enough that I feel guilty when I slip. At the third stage, I do it because I want to (if I don't exercise, I miss it and WANT to do it).

I purposefully left my exercise goal vague - an hour of extra movement a day (in my case it's been yard work, walking, yoga, interval workouts, stationery bicycle, aerobic workout/dancing, stair climbing). Every day is a slightly different mix depending on weather, my schedule, what I feel like.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:15 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Carolynnq.

I was just asked if I wanted to take a kick boxing class tonight. While I know I will feel silly (the least in shape person in the room) I'm still going to go ahead and push myself to do it to make up for yesterday. Plus it's a new exercise for my body so hopefully I'll get a little push on the weight loss from that if I continue with it.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by whyme7
Thanks Carolynnq.

I was just asked if I wanted to take a kick boxing class tonight. While I know I will feel silly (the least in shape person in the room) I'm still going to go ahead and push myself to do it to make up for yesterday. Plus it's a new exercise for my body so hopefully I'll get a little push on the weight loss from that if I continue with it.

That's great! I say do it. Never be discourages about being behind the others. You start where you are.

I agree Carolynnq about the stages to starting a habit. You have to work through to stage 3. I think some people need a lot of structure to their exercise and some can keep it more flexible. I am like you I actually have a few things that I like to do, that definitely makes it easier.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.