FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread for 2/18/13 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/9156-7-day-motivational-thread-2-18-13-a.html)

jjrudd 02-18-2013 02:00 AM

7-Day Motivational Thread for 2/18/13

Good morning everyone. Time to make goals again.

Goals for week
1. Keep carbs to 120 grams
2. Drink 6 glasses of water
3. 4 servings fruits/veggies
4. Exercise 5x 30min

Personal goals
1. Clean kitchen (again or is it still??):eek:
2. LET IT GO!

Jenn

Robingen 02-18-2013 02:22 AM

Good morning Jenn. Happy to report that I have a snowed in day and am not going to work.

Ok and time to be serious about goals:

1. Cals 1200-1400
2. At least 1 green tea per day.
3. Bring healthy lunch to work.
4. Re-up water.
5. Gently re-introduce some exercise.

01gt4.6 02-18-2013 02:59 AM

Starting weight 195.4

1) lose 2 pounds
2) drink a lot of water

wildbeanerz 02-18-2013 03:24 AM

Back after the weekend. I didn't fall off the bus. I just didn't have time to post. No workouts on Saturday but lots of lugging furniture and cement board and boxes of laminate flooring to and fro ought to count for something ;)
Did an awesome 40 minute cardio/kickboxing with abs workout last evening. Man was I sweating! Made a very light strawberry pie yesterday for last nights snack and it is awesome. It is so light that I could have had two pieces and not felt bad but I only had one.

Lost 4.2lbs last week and it's TOTM since Friday. It was more than that but I went up with bloating. I'm not going to compain though. Any loss on that week is a win for me. I can easily gain 6-8 lbs while eating lettuce & water that week.

Goals for this week. Not going to be what they used to be but I'm getting there. I'm off work this Thursday & Friday to help with some of the family room renovations and just to hang out with my hubby for a while. So I know after Wednesday my posting will be limited. 4 day weekend though!! Woohoo!

1. 80-100 oz water daily
2. eat what you brought to work
3. workout 4 times during M-F
4. Walk twice during M-W
5. snack wisely
6. laundry
7. mend work socks for hubby (his steel toes kill them)

Robingen 02-18-2013 03:40 AM

April awesome job on your weightloss! Congrats to you! The pie smells yummy from here lol.

Jezzie8 02-18-2013 04:09 AM

Good morning

Get to work from home today as it's Family Day - still working but that's all good! Have to do my arm exercises at least 4 times a day before Wed. session which I'm not looking forward to :(
Scale said 203.6 this morning
Try to keep calories to 1200 - 1300 per day & even out carbs & protein
NEED TO DRINK MORE WATER!!
Embarassing question: does anyone have issues being "plugged up"?
I can't seem to get it going?? Tried Inulin fiber, Metamucil, Senokot.....
Maybe the question is too personal but I'm getting desperate :(

Good job on weight loss & exercise April!! Keep up the good work :)

cjohnson728 02-18-2013 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Jezzie8 (Post 95832)
Get to work from home today as it's Family Day - still working but that's all good! Have to do my arm exercises at least 4 times a day before Wed. session which I'm not looking forward to :(
Scale said 203.6 this morning
Try to keep calories to 1200 - 1300 per day & even out carbs & protein
NEED TO DRINK MORE WATER!!
Embarassing question: does anyone have issues being "plugged up"?
I can't seem to get it going?? Tried Inulin fiber, Metamucil, Senokot.....
Maybe the question is too personal but I'm getting desperate :(

Good job on weight loss & exercise April!! Keep up the good work :)

Hi Jezzie! Try lots of water, lots of fiber in your diet (try for 25g per day), and take a magnesium supplement; that should help.

April, can you share your recipe? Our store had strawberries on sale; I just did some jam this weekend but pie sounds wonderful. My strawberry pie recipe has a heavy custard base and it's a calorie bomb!

Robin, yay for unplanned snow day! That's one of the best feelings in the world.

Good goals, everyone! Wishing you all a great week...will be back with goals later.

canary52 02-18-2013 05:28 AM

Jenn, thanks for starting us out.

Man, I have a food hangover. Grilled oysters, gumbo and split two shrimp dishes at Draos, a restaurant Mike recommended, so I blame him. Of course, he did not make me eat the truffle oil popcorn and zebra corn (caramel popcorn with white and milk chocolate) in the movies, that was me. IN THE MOVIES!!! This is a tough town to try to stay thin in. But try I will.

Jezzie, I suffer all the time from this. Water is crucial. Change of diet can cause or cure this. For me, the other night coffee and a bit of ice cream (which surprisingly I don't like) helped. Also dried fruit; sometimes if we go too low on carbs and our bodies are not used to that, this happens. If it get's too bad try (in white) a lemon juice enema, a little fresh lemon juice squeezed into warm water. If not, Ex Lax also helps.

April, look at you, you are a woman on a mission.

canary52 02-18-2013 05:33 AM

Goals:
1) 6 glasses H2O
2) stretch
3) plan food (inasmuch as possible)
4) try to stick to plan
5) meditate
6) write
7) think before I speak

Plan:
Ezkiel English muffin with soy cream cheese
1/2 tuna sandwich
roast chicken and veg, maybe a little cous cous
Snacks:
apple
pickles (they settle the tummy,if you don't eat too many, believe it or not.)
pretzels, if needed (tummy)

Jezzie8 02-18-2013 05:37 AM

TY

Thanks Cassie & Hope for the suggestions :o

I also just bought a book & CD on meditation Hope. Have you used meditation very long?

Mern 02-18-2013 06:18 AM

Grandkids are here and I'm working on cleaning up my computer.

Haven't read any posts except for the troll's and I'll never read one of hers again--not worth my time.

I'm on track with food and hydration. Restarting my 21-Day Mindset Makeover. Lost 4 pounds altogether between the partial 21-Day Metabolism Makeover and my first stint with the 21-Day Mindset Makeover which got interrupted and not completed. This time will be better. Will exercise later today.

Everyone have a wonderful and productive day!

Jezzie8 02-18-2013 06:37 AM

Hi Mern. What are these make-overs you're talking about?
Is it something on this site?

wildbeanerz 02-18-2013 06:39 AM

Cassie... Try this link for the pie recipe. Light Strawberry Pie Recipe | Taste of Home Recipes

Mern... Did I miss that your GD is pregnant? If so, congratulations!

Mike & Hope ... Great picture! Love to see those smiling faces!

Just back in from another 2 mile lunch walk. Probably won't get one tomorrow as the "wintry mix" is in the forecast for tomorrow but if not, I will get out there. Hoping to bust my butt again tonight with another round of kickboxing. Maybe a smaller round of it mixed with a small round of kettlebell? We shall see. I really like the fast pace of the kickboxing cardio. Before you know it, your time is up and you are exhausted but it is fun.

canary52 02-18-2013 06:55 AM

Yes, I did not mind that picture being up as much as I thought I would. But then again I got to hide behind the chilluns.

Mern, good job!!!!

Jezzie, I have been meditating on and off for quite a while now. It has had truly wonderful effects for me and I intend on doing it way into my next lfietime lol. That being said, just remember: It's not good meditation, it's not bad meditation, it's meditation. We tend to judge all our experiences and with this one, let it be what it is. The actual quote is: If it is good meditation or bad meditation, it is not meditation. Oh Zen master that I am...

carolynnq 02-18-2013 06:57 AM

Hi all,

I'd like to join in here. I think posting goals is a great idea.

Mine:
1. 1200-1500 calories a day
2. at least an hour of activity (for me, right now, it's mostly yard work)
3. no white flour, sugar
4. no eating after 8 pm

I've managed all but #3 for the last 10 days. Yesterday I had 3 candied cashews (but at least I didn't eat the whole bag!). I'm feeling energized from the yard work and get to see my yard looking better too. I was a huge late-night snacker. The first 3 or 4 days, it was really hard for me not to eat after 8. Now I find that most nights, I'm not having the urge to eat then.

Jezzie - is your shoulder problem a rotator cuff problem? A couple of years ago, I couldn't move my left arm above my waist, and would wake up several times during night with excruciating pain from it. Doctors were useless. I used a product called RotatoReliever. The first night wearing it I slept through the night. 45 days later I was completely pain free and and hand full motion of the shoulder (and still do).

Jezzie8 02-18-2013 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by carolynnq (Post 95844)
Hi all,

Mine:
3. no white flour, sugar
4. no eating after 8 pm

I've managed all but #3 for the last 10 days. Yesterday I had 3 candied cashews (but at least I didn't eat the whole bag!). I'm feeling energized from the yard work and get to see my yard looking better too. I was a huge late-night snacker. The first 3 or 4 days, it was really hard for me not to eat after 8. Now I find that most nights, I'm not having the urge to eat then.

Jezzie - is your shoulder problem a rotator cuff problem? A couple of years ago, I couldn't move my left arm above my waist, and would wake up several times during night with excruciating pain from it. Doctors were useless. I used a product called RotatoReliever. The first night wearing it I slept through the night. 45 days later I was completely pain free and and hand full motion of the shoulder (and still do).

Hi carolynnq. the shoulder is frozen in place and yes, it would be rotator. I have very limited movement as well and pain. I'm dreading physio on Wed - he already told me it was not going to be fun :( I will look up the product you're referring to, it sounds like magic to me!!

Mern 02-18-2013 07:36 AM

Jenn, nice goals!

Robin, wishing you warmth and comfort on your snowed-in day. Best wishes on your goals this week, especially on your exercise.

Mike, best wishes on your dropping 2 lbs. this week.

April,you had quite an informal workout on Saturday--that had to burn a lot of calories. Kudos on your 40 minutes yesterday. Wow, also kudos on your weight loss last week! Have fun with the family room renovations and your four day weekend. Best wishes on your goals this week. Yeah, live-in GD got engaged in September on her 18th birthday and then December found out she's pregnant. Baby is due mid-August. Her fiance's family is great--they go to our church and have the same values we do. His family is supportive and told GD they'll help me out with babysitting. I'm so glad because I know it would be overwhelming for me to start over with an infant at my age (will be 67) with GD going to college full time and working 30 hours a week. I'm hoping to talk her into working just 22-25 hours a week after the baby is born. We're all hoping they both finish college before they get married, though. I'll be doing the middle of the night feedings for GD on school nights. I'm a light sleeper anyway so I'll love having that special alone time with the baby. Ooh, great job on your 2 mile lunch walk! And I gotta tell you I soooo admire you on the kickboxing! Way to go with all your exercise. No wonder you're losing weight so well!

Hope, I can't imagine truffle oil popcorn. Now that zebra corn sounds like something I'd really enjoy. Nice goals and menu! And thanks for your encouragement.

Jezzie, the makeovers I'm talking about are parts of diet plan books with 21 day metabolism jumpstarts. I'm now following the 21-day Mindset Makeover from Robert Ferguson's book Diet Free For Life. (He co-authored the first program 21-Day Metabolism Makeover from the Food For Life Program but that book was unaffordable to me.) What's new to me is a way to combine proteins, fats, and carbs for meals and snacks to make them into what the author calls fat-burning meals and snacks and having to eat a meal or snack every 2-3 hours to keep blood sugar stable. One has to read to the book to follow the formulas and guidelines, but I got it for under $6 on amazon.com including shipping and handling. Aw, best wishes on alleviation of the pain and inconvenience of your frozen shoulder and on your physical therapy helping as much as possible.

Carolyn, welcome. Best wishes on your very nice goals. I do low carb and it's still hard for me to avoid sweets sometimes. On the program I am following I have to eat a meal or snack every two-three hours to keep my blood sugar stable. I have to eat 1-3 hours before bedtime which is usually around midnight, but that last snack is supposed to be mostly protein rather than carbs. But any way of losing weight is good as long as meals are healthful and balanced.

cjohnson728 02-18-2013 02:06 PM

I'm going to pull a Mike this week and poach a goal from everyone who's posted them so far:

1. 4 servings fruits/veggies
2. Bring healthy lunch to work (eat healthy when working at home, order healthy on Wed. when lunch is brought in for audit; order healthy on Thurs. when lunch out for interview).
3. Drink a lot of water.
4. Snack wisely.
5. Try to keep calories to 1200 - 1300 per day & even out carbs & protein.
6. Stretch.
7. At least an hour of activity (Carolyn, hi and welcome! Is this daily or weekly?).

Whoa...got my work cut out for me! Thanks, guys!

dar n 02-18-2013 02:58 PM

Goals:
Walk Twice: M=Y
Calories less than 1500: M= 1141
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M= -946
No sugar: M=Y
Post everyday: M=Y

Robingen 02-18-2013 09:37 PM

Nice start to your week Darlene!

velmasue2 02-18-2013 11:55 PM

Starting over

New here. However, I've tried Fitday before. I lost about 40 pounds 4 years ago, but have gradually gained it all back. I really hate to admit that, even to myself. I think setting weekly goals will help me:

Goals for my first week:
Walk 15 minutes a day
Record foods each day, 1200-1500 calories per day
Stay away from sugar!
Drink 6 glasses of water each day.

dmartz 02-19-2013 12:29 AM

Monday Report

My standard issue goals:
  • Workout > 30 mins x 4: N
  • Cholesterol < 250mg: 111
  • Protein > 50 g: 43
  • Sugar < (??? g): ~
  • Vegetables > 3 /day: N,
  • Calories < 1750: 1291
Not enough protein, not enough vegetables, not enough sleep. Unfortunately, black olives are a fruit, not a vegetable, or I could almost count three servings. Almost. Doing well on the cholesterol front, and the calories.

Mike: Sending me a King cake would be way too easy compared to getting a response out of the Internet Brand guys. An estimate on when they will add Sugar to the food log is a much more worthy quest. I hope you'll be as tenacious as I can be in this regard. ;)

- Donna

wildbeanerz 02-19-2013 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by dar n (Post 95855)
Goals:

Nice deficit!

Mern Awww congrats on the engagement and the baby. I'm glad to hear that it sounds like they are supported from both sides of the family and won't be rushed into getting married and trying to make ends meet before they are done with their schooling.

Tori... Where are you?

VelmaSue ... Welcome to FitDay!

1. 80-100 oz water daily M:Y,
2. eat what you brought to work M:Y,
3. workout 4 times during M-F M:Y,
4. Walk twice during M-W M:Y,
5. snack wisely M:Mostly,
6. laundry M:N,
7. mend work socks for hubby (his steel toes kill them) M:N,

jjrudd 02-19-2013 01:31 AM

Goals for week
1. Keep carbs to 120 grams Mon, NO
2. Drink 6 glasses of water BIG YES-7
3. 4 servings fruits/veggies 3
4. Exercise 5x 30min Mon,no

Personal goals
1. Clean kitchen (again or is it still??) some
2. LET IT GO!

not a bad start to the week. I kept to 40 grams per meal but I forgot I had apple at lunch and some crackers before bed.

My Mom likes this recipe for meatballs over rice but it calls for ketchup which is full of sugar. I switched it out with a can of whole tomatoes that I blended with emersion blender and then put all the same seasons in. Not as sweet but taste was similar. 18 carbs for the whole can vs 21 for 3tbsp of ketchup! my Mom liked it too :D

Jenn

Mern 02-19-2013 02:43 AM

This week's goals:
Stick to guidelines for my eating program
Calories 1200-1800
Saturated Fat average 10% of daily calories
Dietary Cholesterol 250mg or less
Protein minimum 100g
Net Carb Average 25g
Fiber Average 25g
Exercise 5 days
Water 64 oz.

Today's menu:

Breakfast: zero cholesterol egg susbsitute omelet with spinach and Alfredo sauce

Snack: protein shake

Lunch: turkey and spinach low carb wrap, broccoli slaw

Snack: protein shake with flaxmeal

Dinner: tuna salad, sauteed cabbage, cooked broccoli

Evening snack: boneless, skinless shicken and cheese

Mern 02-19-2013 02:57 AM

I'm down on the scale today after letting go of some water retention from too much sodium. :) I was working on some computer issues yesterday so kept track of my food intake on paper. I'll log that later in my nutrition tracker.

Velmasue, hi and welcome. You have a lot of company here--many of us lost weight in the past and then regained. Together, and with the support of this group, we can all achieve our longterm goals. Your goals look great. :)

Robin, Darlene, Cassie, hi.

Donna, I always forget that olives are fruit, but I never eat enough of them at a time to actually count them as a serving of anything. Kudos on the cholesterol and calories!

April, thanks for your congrats and good wishes. You're off to a great start on food and fitness this week!

Jenn, nice start to your week. Great job on subbing the canned tomatoes for the ketchup. :)

wildbeanerz 02-19-2013 03:01 AM

Forgot to mention that yesterday's exercise besides walking 2 miles (36 minutes) was 20 minutes of dumbell exercises with 20 seconds of cardio between each set. I love to mix up my exercise and my body responds well when I keep it interesting. One thing the guy on my video said the other night struck with me. It was getting to the end of 40 minutes of kickboxing and he said something like...I know you are tired but the more tired you are and the harder you keep pushing the more calories you are burning. So even though you are wearing down at the end of your exercise routine keep giving it your all because that is when the burn is counting the most.

Mern 02-19-2013 03:52 AM

April, wow, thanks for telling us about your great exercise. You are working so hard and it's reflecting on the scale. Plus you're setting such a good example for the rest of us. Kudos on a job well done!

Monday Report:
Day 1 of 21-Day Mindset Makeover (metabolism jumpstart)

Not an excuse--just an explanation: I could have done better had I been more diligent, but I was working on a computer issue and just didn't take the time I should have on tracking my carbs. Went over 6g which is a lot when doc and I agreed I should have no more than 25g net per day to keep my blood sugar normal without meds. 3 extra grams were from a second serving of almonds and the other 3 extra were just small things that added up.

Stick to guidelines for my eating program C+
Calories 1200-1800 1582
Saturated Fat average 10% of daily calories 12%
Dietary Cholesterol 250mg or less 188mg
Protein minimum 100g 135g
Net Carb Average 25g 31g
Fiber Average 25g 33g
Exercise 5 days YES
Water 64 oz. YES

01gt4.6 02-19-2013 05:12 AM

Well one huge goal that is missing for me this week is to do the 1/2 marathon. My SIL and her friend can't make it down so I'll blame it on them. It has nothing to do with the fact that I've been too lazy to train. ;)

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz (Post 95840)
Mike & Hope ... Great picture! Love to see those smiling faces!

Just back in from another 2 mile lunch walk. Probably won't get one tomorrow as the "wintry mix" is in the forecast for tomorrow but if not, I will get out there. Hoping to bust my butt again tonight with another round of kickboxing. Maybe a smaller round of it mixed with a small round of kettlebell? We shall see. I really like the fast pace of the kickboxing cardio. Before you know it, your time is up and you are exhausted but it is fun.

Thank you and congrats on getting the walking at workouts done!

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 95843)
Yes, I did not mind that picture being up as much as I thought I would. But then again I got to hide behind the chilluns.

You can run, but you can't hide.

Originally Posted by carolynnq (Post 95844)
Hi all,

Mine:
3. no white flour, sugar
4. no eating after 8 pm

Welcome aboard. Nice set of goals you have.

Originally Posted by Jezzie8 (Post 95845)
Hi carolynnq. the shoulder is frozen in place and yes, it would be rotator. I have very limited movement as well and pain. I'm dreading physio on Wed - he already told me it was not going to be fun I will look up the product you're referring to, it sounds like magic to me!!

[insert lame joke here]If it's frozen, try a heating pad.[/lame joke] I also have bad shoulders. I first dislocated my right shoulder back in the early 90's when I was on my motorcycle and had a hot date with the pavement. After having my right arm in a sling for 3 months, my left shoulder started to give me fits, I guess from overuse. Since then I dislocated my right probably a dozen times and my left a hand full of times. The strange thing is that I haven't done it in years. It just seems to have gotten better on its own. Every now and then I'll move just right and I'll get that loud pop, my face looks like :eek: but once I realize that it's still in place I'm like :D.

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 95846)
Mike, best wishes on your dropping 2 lbs. this week.

Thanks Mern.

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 95854)
I'm going to pull a Mike this week and poach a goal from everyone who's posted them so far:

1. 4 servings fruits/veggies
2. Bring healthy lunch to work (eat healthy when working at home, order healthy on Wed. when lunch is brought in for audit; order healthy on Thurs. when lunch out for interview).
3. Drink a lot of water.
4. Snack wisely.
5. Try to keep calories to 1200 - 1300 per day & even out carbs & protein.
6. Stretch.
7. At least an hour of activity (Carolyn, hi and welcome! Is this daily or weekly?).

Whoa...got my work cut out for me! Thanks, guys!

Hijacking the goals of others is a nice change of pace.

Originally Posted by dar n (Post 95855)
Goals:

Wow, you are off to a great start.

Originally Posted by velmasue2 (Post 95859)
New here. However, I've tried Fitday before. I lost about 40 pounds 4 years ago, but have gradually gained it all back. I really hate to admit that, even to myself. I think setting weekly goals will help me:

Goals for my first week:
Walk 15 minutes a day
Record foods each day, 1200-1500 calories per day
Stay away from sugar!
Drink 6 glasses of water each day.

Welcome back!

Originally Posted by dmartz (Post 95860)
My standard issue goals:
  • Workout > 30 mins x 4: N
  • Cholesterol < 250mg: 111
  • Protein > 50 g: 43
  • Sugar < (??? g): ~
  • Vegetables > 3 /day: N,
  • Calories < 1750: 1291
Not enough protein, not enough vegetables, not enough sleep. Unfortunately, black olives are a fruit, not a vegetable, or I could almost count three servings. Almost. Doing well on the cholesterol front, and the calories.

Mike: Sending me a King cake would be way too easy compared to getting a response out of the Internet Brand guys. An estimate on when they will add Sugar to the food log is a much more worthy quest. I hope you'll be as tenacious as I can be in this regard.

- Donna

Sugar tracking is a very popular request. I can only hope that they work it in ASAP.

Originally Posted by jjrudd (Post 95864)
Goals for week
1. Keep carbs to 120 grams Mon, NO
2. Drink 6 glasses of water BIG YES-7
3. 4 servings fruits/veggies 3
4. Exercise 5x 30min Mon,no

Personal goals
1. Clean kitchen (again or is it still??) some
2. LET IT GO!

not a bad start to the week. I kept to 40 grams per meal but I forgot I had apple at lunch and some crackers before bed.

My Mom likes this recipe for meatballs over rice but it calls for ketchup which is full of sugar. I switched it out with a can of whole tomatoes that I blended with emersion blender and then put all the same seasons in. Not as sweet but taste was similar. 18 carbs for the whole can vs 21 for 3tbsp of ketchup! my Mom liked it too :D

Jenn

Good job on the sauce and congrats on the water.

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz (Post 95867)
Forgot to mention that yesterday's exercise besides walking 2 miles (36 minutes) was 20 minutes of dumbell exercises with 20 seconds of cardio between each set. I love to mix up my exercise and my body responds well when I keep it interesting. One thing the guy on my video said the other night struck with me. It was getting to the end of 40 minutes of kickboxing and he said something like...I know you are tired but the more tired you are and the harder you keep pushing the more calories you are burning. So even though you are wearing down at the end of your exercise routine keep giving it your all because that is when the burn is counting the most.

Man you are killing it, once again! What DVD are you doing?

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 95868)

Monday Report:
Day 1 of 21-Day Mindset Makeover (metabolism jumpstart)

Not an excuse--just an explanation: I could have done better had I been more diligent, but I was working on a computer issue and just didn't take the time I should have on tracking my carbs. Went over 6g which is a lot when doc and I agreed I should have no more than 25g net per day to keep my blood sugar normal without meds. 3 extra grams were from a second serving of almonds and the other 3 extra were just small things that added up.

Stick to guidelines for my eating program C+
Calories 1200-1800 1582
Saturated Fat average 10% of daily calories 12%
Dietary Cholesterol 250mg or less 188mg
Protein minimum 100g 135g
Net Carb Average 25g 31g
Fiber Average 25g 33g
Exercise 5 days YES
Water 64 oz. YES

keep up the good work. You can easilly make up on the carbs and get that average down.

wildbeanerz 02-19-2013 06:11 AM

Not really a DVD Mike. I use the fitnessblender.com channel on YT. So many videos to choose from. They have an 8 week plan that I am considering purchasing as well. It actually tells you which videos to combine together.

canary52 02-19-2013 06:52 AM

Goals:
1) 6 glasses H2O -10
2) stretch - yes
3) plan food (inasmuch as possible) yes
4) try to stick to plan -yes
5) meditate -yes
6) write -yes
7) think before I speak -mostly

Plan:
turkey bacon and egg whites ( did one egg, one egg white)
hamburger on Ezkiel bread or kippers
dinner (with DH, Mike and his GF):
guacamole and carrots, some chips
cheese
shrimp marsala over whole wheat pasta
salad
fresh fruit

dmartz 02-19-2013 10:26 AM

Popular, But ...

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 95870)
Sugar tracking is a very popular request. I can only hope that they work it in ASAP.

I'd settle for 'work on it' (period). If you as a moderator got no clout, I understand. After all, clients aren't really the source of the revenue stream, unlike ad sponsors. But, ... I'm only asking for estimate, not the world.

- Donna

carolynnq 02-19-2013 01:07 PM

Mern - I also have scheduled snacks - midmorning, midafternoon, & 8 pm. I should probably consider having a later one too - both my mother and maternal grandmother were diabetic. So far I’m okay, but I am trying to eat to keep blood sugar levels on an even keel.

velmasue2 - Welcome. Like you, I lost weight then gained in back in the last 3 years. For the first 35 years of my life, I was one of those annoying people who could eat whatever they want and not gain weight, so I didn’t have to pay that much attention to how I was eating. Now, at age 61, I’m hoping to really develop good habits this time.

Someone asked if my goal of 1 hr of movement a day was weekly or daily - daily! Rain here today, so no yard work. Exercise bike and instead.

I enjoy reading the daily menus - some good ideas there!

bowie23 02-19-2013 02:28 PM

Hi! Just started this week :)
I'm really going to try to log every bite I eat for the rest of this week. The first day was annoying, because I had so many custom foods to create. But once this first week is over, it will be easy because most of the foods I eat will be in there!
My goal for this and next week is not to overeat on days that I work out. I use that as an excuse to eat a second supper and dessert after the game/workout, which I shouldn't do anymore.
-Bowie :)

dar n 02-19-2013 05:05 PM

Robin Thanks I seem to start well it’s the endings I am failing miserably at.:o

Velmasue & Bowie Welcome!

April Thanks the sun came out so Kaya and I hit the trails I am eagerly awaiting longer days so I can hike after work. Awesome job on your exercise!!:D

Mern Woohoo on your scale going in the down direction!!

Mike Are you still walking a lot I could use some motivation and a challenge if your up to it!

Hope Oh my I could of used your goal today of thinking before I spoke, I had my foot in my mouth twice today.:o

Have a great day everyone :D

Goals:
Walk Twice: M=Y, T=N
Calories less than 1500: M= 1141, T=1321
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M= -946, T= -739
No sugar: M=Y, T=Y

01gt4.6 02-19-2013 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 95874)
Goals:
1) 6 glasses H2O -10
2) stretch - yes
3) plan food (inasmuch as possible) yes
4) try to stick to plan -yes
5) meditate -yes
6) write -yes
7) think before I speak -mostly

Plan:
turkey bacon and egg whites ( did one egg, one egg white)
hamburger on Ezkiel bread or kippers
dinner (with DH, Mike and his GF):
guacamole and carrots, some chips
cheese
shrimp marsala over whole wheat pasta
salad
fresh fruit

dinner (I mean supper, Tori was great. Thanks for having us!

Originally Posted by dmartz (Post 95886)
I'd settle for 'work on it' (period). If you as a moderator got no clout, I understand. After all, clients aren't really the source of the revenue stream, unlike ad sponsors. But, ... I'm only asking for estimate, not the world.

- Donna

Donna, I sent it to admin with a link to your post about it, the other day. I haven't heard back yet. I'll let you know as soon as I hear something.

Originally Posted by dar n (Post 95897)
Robin Thanks I seem to start well it’s the endings I am failing miserably at.

Velmasue & Bowie Welcome!

April Thanks the sun came out so Kaya and I hit the trails I am eagerly awaiting longer days so I can hike after work. Awesome job on your exercise!!:D

Mern Woohoo on your scale going in the down direction!!

Mike Are you still walking a lot I could use some motivation and a challenge if your up to it!

Hope Oh my I could of used your goal today of thinking before I spoke, I had my foot in my mouth twice today.:o

Have a great day everyone :D

Goals:
Walk Twice: M=Y, T=N
Calories less than 1500: M= 1141, T=1321
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M= -946, T= -739
No sugar: M=Y, T=Y

Darlene, did you see that last pic of me? Does it look like I've been walking? :( Nope, but up for it. Whatcha got for me?

jjrudd 02-19-2013 11:29 PM

Goals for week
1. Keep carbs to 120 grams Mon NO, Tues NO
2. Drink 6 glasses of water Mon BIG YES-7, Tues 6
3. 4 servings fruits/veggies Mon and Tues 3
4. Exercise 5x 30min no,no

Personal goals
1. Clean kitchen (again or is it still??) YES!!!
2. LET IT GO!not really

Jenn

cjohnson728 02-19-2013 11:38 PM

Hey all...am reading but not keeping up too well. It doesn't look like I have a breather till Friday. So new goals...be smart, make good choices. That's about all this busy week will afford for the next couple days. Congrats to all who are doing well; hugs if you aren't. Let's all make today a good one :). Miss you guys.

dmartz 02-20-2013 12:09 AM

Tues. Report

• Workout > 30 mins x 4: N, Y
  • Cholesterol < 250mg: 111, 230
  • Protein > 50 g: 43, 108
  • Sugar < (??? g): ~, Exemplary,
  • Vegetables > 3 /day: N, N,
  • Calories < 1750: 1291, 1287
Big workout. Big Protein. Cholesterol not too bad. No sweets (the only things w/ sugar were half a very small baked potato, carrots, & one piece of whole wheat bread at lunch). I guess avocados are a fruit, or I would have made the veggie goal also. Overall a good day.

dmartz 02-20-2013 12:24 AM

Popular, But ...

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 95899)
Donna, I sent it to admin with a link to your post about it, the other day. I haven't heard back yet. I'll let you know as soon as I hear something.

Ok, I won't carp now. But... I can, and do, make inferences based on the lack of a quick response on their part.

- Donna