Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 2/18/13

Old 02-21-2013, 01:12 AM
FitDay Member

Wow Mern great stats!

Originally Posted by Mern
Wednesday Report:
Day 3 of 21-Day Mindset Makeover (metabolism jumpstart)

Better yesterday!

Stick to guidelines for my eating program C+, C-, YES
Calories 1200-1800 1582, 1393, 1465
Saturated Fat average 10% of daily calories 12%, 12%, 10%
Dietary Cholesterol 250mg or less 188mg, 269mg so I have a green average of 229mg, 231mg
Protein minimum 100g 135g, 132g, 142g
Net Carb Average 25g 31g , 30g, 25g
Fiber Average 25g 33g, 13g, 27g
Exercise 5 days YES, YES, YES
Water 64 oz. YES, YES, YES
Old 02-21-2013, 01:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default Chocolate

I'm taking live-in GD out for breakfast this morning to a place where they have delicious zero cholesterol egg substitute omelets and I can substitute cantaloupe for the hash brown potatoes. I'll plan my menu for today following that.

I am a chocoholic, but it's more the chocolate itself, rather than the sweetness, I crave. I have been known to go crazy eating Hershey's Sugar Free Special Dark miniatures. I have been deliberately not buying the Hershey's lately, and to satisfy cravings I sometimes eat a square of unsweetened baking chocolate. That works for me. Yesterday I added unsweetened cocoa powder to my flaxmeal muffins that are sweetened with my low carb protein powder. I'm sure I'll go nuts eating Hershey's Sugar Free chocolate again sometime in the future, but I'm under control for now.

Robin! What wonderful news that your vision has finally been restored! I know you have to be thrilled. Enjoy your independence!

Jezzie, I hope your shoulder is better today. Many times when I'm in severe physical pain I have a pity party and eat whatever I want and as much as I want. I must find a way to channel that anger in a different way that will provide me with some other sort of comfort.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:20 AM
FitDay Member

Default changes since I lost weight

I CAN DO UP THE ZIPPER OF MY BOOT OVER MY CALF

Ok, this may not seem like a big deal but when I bought them it only went up half-way.
My pants are looser too!

Jenn
Old 02-21-2013, 02:29 AM
FitDay Member

So, let's see how I did yesterday , shall we?

Plan
I ate an Ezkiel English muffin with soy cream cheese because I could not face another egg or egg white
rest of the day:
lunch: lefover shrimp, whole wheat pasta and salad - yes, all of it
dinner: chicken or fish and veg- ha, ha look below
Snacks:
fruit - some pineapple
turkey breast and ham and cheese -yes
kippers (yeah, weird I know) -no
12-15 cashews -no
[/QUOTE]
DH and I are meeting a friend for drinks at Hermes bar and possibly dinner at Antoines. So I will try not to drink club soda and lemon will be my choice hopefully. COSMO and had "cordials"a t 11pm Dinner may be gumbo and trout ponchatrain (with lump crabmeat.- gumbo, split pompano pontchatrain and pompano almondine, lots of butter y'all) But you can bet there will prolly be oysters rockefeller or bienville. (First time we didn't get oysters at Antoines. We had some delicious crawfish in a sauce I don't even want to think about how many calories, and chilled lump crab meat.) And please whoever oversees my diet (yes that would be me), save me from the fried puffed potatoes. (First thing our friennd ordered - with hollandaise sauce for the table, which was umm mainly me, altho DH did pretty good.) Make me order the salad with asparagus instead. (glazed carrots in butter and sugar, yes sugar) Since I am appealing to my higher powers of self control, may I also add and if you give me my daily bread, please make it a slice or two, not too much butter. (two) Then the piece de resistance. Our friend had ordered an enoemous Baked Alaska that said Welcome back with our last name in fancy writing on it.

So how did I do? Haha. But we had so much fun with our friend, such a great time. And I gained a pound from the lowest of my many times weighing myself yesterday but stayed pretty close to how I have been. I will post my plan but seriously I cannot think of food yet. I woke up thinking "Ohhhhhh I will never eat again." Yeah we'll see how long that lasts. Plus I hear there may be a crawfish boil in our future... Didn't last long, did it?

Last edited by canary52; 02-21-2013 at 02:35 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jjrudd
I CAN DO UP THE ZIPPER OF MY BOOT OVER MY CALF

Ok, this may not seem like a big deal but when I bought them it only went up half-way.
My pants are looser too!

Jenn
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can we get a dancing banana in boots anyone? Mern patiently taught me how to post a banana and I STILL can't do it. Yet I am asking someone to post a banana in boots. Mike? Mern?

Last edited by canary52; 02-21-2013 at 08:26 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:43 AM
FitDay Member

Darlene, thank you for the blessings. I appreciate blessings whenever I get them.

Jezzie who among us hasn't turned to food for comfort when we are down? You did it, you realized it, the wagon is slowing down for you; jump back on!!! We'll wait, just as we know you'll wait for us. I am climbing back up myself and I ate so much because I was happy to see someone and the word No just didn't occur to me or if it did, I ignored it.

And I am gonna bet that my HUGE CHUNK of Baked Alaska was more than the 300 calories of Hersey's mini's lol.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:36 AM
FitDay Member

Default Wed. Report

• Workout > 30 mins x 4: N, Y, (15-20 mins)
  • Cholesterol < 250mg: 111, 230, 93
  • Protein > 50 g: 43, 108, 44,
  • Sugar < (??? g): ~, Exemplary, ~
  • Vegetables > 3 /day: N, N, N
  • Calories < 1750: 1291, 1287, 1127
Short workout. Getting better at pushups. Calories Exemplary. Good with fruits, vegetables, not so much. Sugar, well, I joined Mern & Jezz in chocolate (70%) after reading about the minis! & After reading the food p0rn today I bit into the apple that's been sitting on my desk for, like, ever.

Robin: With luck your recovery is permanent.
Hope: don't have too much fun!
Jenn: I keep hearing a certain Nancy Sinatra song now!
Old 02-21-2013, 03:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dmartz
  • Workout > 30 mins x 4: N, Y, (15-20 mins)
  • Cholesterol < 250mg: 111, 230, 93
  • Protein > 50 g: 43, 108, 44,
  • Sugar < (??? g): ~, Exemplary, ~
  • Vegetables > 3 /day: N, N, N
  • Calories < 1750: 1291, 1287, 1127
Short workout. Getting better at pushups. Calories Exemplary. Good with fruits, vegetables, not so much. Sugar, well, I joined Mern & Jezz in chocolate (70%) after reading about the minis! & After reading the food p0rn today I bit into the apple that's been sitting on my desk for, like, ever.

Robin: With luck your recovery is permanent.
Hope: don't have too much fun!
Jenn: I keep hearing a certain Nancy Sinatra song now!
I will try not to haha!!!!
Old 02-21-2013, 04:02 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) 6 glasses H2O -10 no,no
2) stretch - yes, yes, no
3) plan food (inasmuch as possible) yes, yes, yes
4) try to stick to plan -yes close Not even in the neighborhood...
5) meditate -yes no yes
6) write -yes, yes, yes but it wasn't pretty
7) think before I speak -mostly no, I talk too much and without thinking yes

Last edited by canary52; 02-22-2013 at 03:08 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:10 AM
FitDay Member

Plan
Ezkiel English Muffin with Tofutti cream cheese
eggs with mushrooms and onions
chicken kebab, Greek salad, pita, hummus
Snacks:
fruit
12-15 cashews
chicken leg or kippers
turkey breast and goat cheese

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.