Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 2/18/13

Old 02-21-2013, 04:16 AM
FitDay Member

Well Jenn congratulations! It is a big deal

Hope, you are so close to your goal, really have fun!

Walking challenge: did .7 K today. It's a start. 9.3 to go between now and Sunday. Haha....

And thanks to those who offered supportive comments on the vision. It has certainly been very inconvenient.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jjrudd
I CAN DO UP THE ZIPPER OF MY BOOT OVER MY CALF

Ok, this may not seem like a big deal but when I bought them it only went up half-way.
My pants are looser too!

Jenn

Jenn, kudos on getting rid of "the fatted calf." ( Biblical reference ) But serious congrats on the weight loss and muscle toning that makes you look and feel better in your pants and boots.

Robin, thanks for your encouragement. And kudos on your walking.

Hope, you have been doing a quite marvelous job lately while in the Carribean and NOLA. I'll bet you'll recover from yesterday's indulgences easily and your food plan today should help you do just that.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:52 AM
FitDay Member

jjrudd - Congrats on being able to zip up your boots! Those kinds of things are the best rewards.

1. 1200-1500 calories a day -yes M Tu W
2. at least an hour of activity a day (for me, right now, it's mostly yard work) M Tu W
3. no white flour, sugar M T (Wed I had a few ravioli)
4. no eating after 8 pm - M Tu W

Fortunately, I rarely crave sugar, so eliminating sugar isn't much of an issue for me. And I've been avoiding white flour for the last couple of years, so that's pretty easy too - I can't even stand to eat something like a regular hamburger bun now.

I do crave salt and grease - set me down with a pizza or a bag of potato chips and a bowl of clam dip and watch them vanish. Stuff like that and my willpower disappears.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:53 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jjrudd
I CAN DO UP THE ZIPPER OF MY BOOT OVER MY CALF

Ok, this may not seem like a big deal but when I bought them it only went up half-way.
My pants are looser too!

Jenn
I can't give you a dancing banana now because I'm on my work computer. Big congrats though.

Originally Posted by canary52
So, let's see how I did yesterday , shall we?

Plan
I ate an Ezkiel English muffin with soy cream cheese because I could not face another egg or egg white
rest of the day:
lunch: lefover shrimp, whole wheat pasta and salad - yes, all of it
dinner: chicken or fish and veg- ha, ha look below
Snacks:
fruit - some pineapple
turkey breast and ham and cheese -yes
kippers (yeah, weird I know) -no
12-15 cashews -no
DH and I are meeting a friend for drinks at Hermes bar and possibly dinner at Antoines. So I will try not to drink club soda and lemon will be my choice hopefully. COSMO and had "cordials"a t 11pm Dinner may be gumbo and trout ponchatrain (with lump crabmeat.- gumbo, split pompano pontchatrain and pompano almondine, lots of butter y'all) But you can bet there will prolly be oysters rockefeller or bienville. (First time we didn't get oysters at Antoines. We had some delicious crawfish in a sauce I don't even want to think about how many calories, and chilled lump crab meat.) And please whoever oversees my diet (yes that would be me), save me from the fried puffed potatoes. (First thing our friennd ordered - with hollandaise sauce for the table, which was umm mainly me, altho DH did pretty good.) Make me order the salad with asparagus instead. (glazed carrots in butter and sugar, yes sugar) Since I am appealing to my higher powers of self control, may I also add and if you give me my daily bread, please make it a slice or two, not too much butter. (two) Then the piece de resistance. Our friend had ordered an enoemous Baked Alaska that said Welcome back with our last name in fancy writing on it.

So how did I do? Haha. But we had so much fun with our friend, such a great time. And I gained a pound from the lowest of my many times weighing myself yesterday but stayed pretty close to how I have been. I will post my plan but seriously I cannot think of food yet. I woke up thinking "Ohhhhhh I will never eat again." Yeah we'll see how long that lasts. Plus I hear there may be a crawfish boil in our future... Didn't last long, did it?[/quote]Hope, Hope, Hope I'm sure you're starting to see a trend here. As like most places, just about everything is based around food. The thing is, down here EVERYTHING is based around FOOOOOOOOD!

Originally Posted by dmartz
  • Workout > 30 mins x 4: N, Y, (15-20 mins)
  • Cholesterol < 250mg: 111, 230, 93
  • Protein > 50 g: 43, 108, 44,
  • Sugar < (??? g): ~, Exemplary, ~
  • Vegetables > 3 /day: N, N, N
  • Calories < 1750: 1291, 1287, 1127
Short workout. Getting better at pushups. Calories Exemplary. Good with fruits, vegetables, not so much. Sugar, well, I joined Mern & Jezz in chocolate (70%) after reading about the minis! & After reading the food p0rn today I bit into the apple that's been sitting on my desk for, like, ever.

Robin: With luck your recovery is permanent.
Hope: don't have too much fun!
Jenn: I keep hearing a certain Nancy Sinatra song now!
really good so far. You rocked it on protein Tuesday. I'm glad to hear you're getting better at pushuos, you must be getting stronger.

Goals:
1) 6 glasses H2O -10 no,no
2) stretch - yes, yes, no
3) plan food (inasmuch as possible) yes, yes, yes
4) try to stick to plan -yes close Not even in the neighborhood...
5) meditate -yes no yes
6) write -yes, yes, yes but it wasn't pretty
7) think before I speak -mostly no, I talk too much and without thinking yes
Very colorful so far.

Originally Posted by Robingen
Well Jenn congratulations! It is a big deal

Hope, you are so close to your goal, really have fun!

Walking challenge: did .7 K today. It's a start. 9.3 to go between now and Sunday. Haha....

And thanks to those who offered supportive comments on the vision. It has certainly been very inconvenient.
I missed it about your vision but congrats on the .7k. I'm at .0 right now.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:02 AM
FitDay Member

Waiting for GD to get ready to go out for breakfast turned breakfast into brunch but that may have been a good thing carbwise. I think the carb counts for the omelet in the restaurant's online menu are overstated based on the few veggies I saw tucked between the egg plus just a smear of Hollandaise sauce, but I won't try to reduce them in my nutrition tracker. My body will know how to react to what I ate. I'd rather err in my nutrition tracker on the side of conservatism.

Brunch: zero cholesterol omelet with tomato, spinach, onion, cheese, and a smeal of Hollandaise sauce; cantaloupe and fresh pineapple; cream in my decaf coffee

Snack: boneness, skinless chicken with zero everything Walden Farms Russian Dressing as a dip

Dinner: baked fish (probably pollock), cooked mushrooms, sweet and sour cucumbers, black soybeans

Evening snacks: protein shake with flaxmeal and celery or cucumber with tuna salad made with ranch dressing instead of mayo
Old 02-21-2013, 06:38 AM
FitDay Member

thanks Hope, Mern and dmartz your comments made me laugh.
Jenn
Old 02-21-2013, 08:31 AM
FitDay Member

Jenn, you're welcome, honey. You earned it.

Mern, I had to laugh at the fatted calf remark. Very clever!

Mike, is there some ordinance about butter down here? If you don't cook with at least a stick of it you get fined? Unless you are frying it? Or throwing cream sauce at it? I told you my theory of frying in NOLA, they fry everything in the house, the yard and whatever happens by. And please do not even get me started on what gator on a stick (a Mardi Gras treat!) sounds like to a Yankee. But I've gotta say, if everything here is about food, it sure is good tasting food. How does anyone stay thin here?

Robin, I missed the eye posts too. Are you OK?
Old 02-21-2013, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

How does anyone stay thin here?
They leave after a month.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:19 AM
FitDay Member

Ok Mike so far ahead of you lol.

About the vision, well it is a complicated story but I lost my vision for about a month. I have not been driving so I have been basically living out of a suitcase/bumming rides in order to get back and forth from my 2 jobs and I really have not been able to work out. I drove a few minutes ago for the first time since this happened. It's been great though- I really faced up to some control issues, especially having my 17 year old drive me around haha. I can't even order him around. I have idea what's going on on the road.

So that's it. Ready to start reintroducing some working out. Looking forward to a walking challenge.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:01 PM
FitDay Member

2 cups of coffee and 2 Girl Scout cookies for breakfast, mac n cheese for lunch, and currently no plans for dinner... the carb fest continues I have gotta find a way to break outta this!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.