Go Back   FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 07:52 PM   #31 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,053
Default

Goals:
1) 6 glasses H2O -10
2) stretch - yes
3) plan food (inasmuch as possible) yes
4) try to stick to plan -yes
5) meditate -yes
6) write -yes
7) think before I speak -mostly


Plan:
turkey bacon and egg whites ( did one egg, one egg white)
hamburger on Ezkiel bread or kippers
dinner (with DH, Mike and his GF):
guacamole and carrots, some chips
cheese
shrimp marsala over whole wheat pasta
salad
fresh fruit
__________________
Hope
Starting: 136.8
Current (10/22/14): 133.6
Mini Goal: 130 by November 26, 2014
canary52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:26 PM   #32 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 441
Default Popular, But ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 View Post
Sugar tracking is a very popular request. I can only hope that they work it in ASAP.
I'd settle for 'work on it' (period). If you as a moderator got no clout, I understand. After all, clients aren't really the source of the revenue stream, unlike ad sponsors. But, ... I'm only asking for estimate, not the world.

- Donna
dmartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:07 AM   #33 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 334
Default

Mern - I also have scheduled snacks - midmorning, midafternoon, & 8 pm. I should probably consider having a later one too - both my mother and maternal grandmother were diabetic. So far Iím okay, but I am trying to eat to keep blood sugar levels on an even keel.

velmasue2 - Welcome. Like you, I lost weight then gained in back in the last 3 years. For the first 35 years of my life, I was one of those annoying people who could eat whatever they want and not gain weight, so I didnít have to pay that much attention to how I was eating. Now, at age 61, Iím hoping to really develop good habits this time.

Someone asked if my goal of 1 hr of movement a day was weekly or daily - daily! Rain here today, so no yard work. Exercise bike and instead.

I enjoy reading the daily menus - some good ideas there!
__________________
------------------
Age 61, Height 5'9"
March 2010 145 lbs, Jan 2013 173 lbs
1st Goal 145 lbs 5/25
New goal 140
carolynnq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:28 AM   #34 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2
Default

Hi! Just started this week
I'm really going to try to log every bite I eat for the rest of this week. The first day was annoying, because I had so many custom foods to create. But once this first week is over, it will be easy because most of the foods I eat will be in there!
My goal for this and next week is not to overeat on days that I work out. I use that as an excuse to eat a second supper and dessert after the game/workout, which I shouldn't do anymore.
-Bowie
bowie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:05 AM   #35 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
dar n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: British Columbia Canada
Posts: 533
Default

Robin Thanks I seem to start well itís the endings I am failing miserably at.

Velmasue & Bowie Welcome!

April Thanks the sun came out so Kaya and I hit the trails I am eagerly awaiting longer days so I can hike after work. Awesome job on your exercise!!

Mern Woohoo on your scale going in the down direction!!

Mike Are you still walking a lot I could use some motivation and a challenge if your up to it!

Hope Oh my I could of used your goal today of thinking before I spoke, I had my foot in my mouth twice today.

Have a great day everyone

Goals:
Walk Twice: M=Y, T=N
Calories less than 1500: M= 1141, T=1321
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M= -946, T= -739
No sugar: M=Y, T=Y
__________________
Blessings,
Darlene

"If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves."
Thomas Edison

Jan 2008=195 lbs
Nov 2009=135 lbs
July 2011=169 lbs
Jan 27 2012=143
Jan 25 2013=168
Mar 15 2013=158
Goal=140, June 17,2013
dar n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:31 AM   #36 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 7,469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canary52 View Post
Goals:
1) 6 glasses H2O -10
2) stretch - yes
3) plan food (inasmuch as possible) yes
4) try to stick to plan -yes
5) meditate -yes
6) write -yes
7) think before I speak -mostly


Plan:
turkey bacon and egg whites ( did one egg, one egg white)
hamburger on Ezkiel bread or kippers
dinner (with DH, Mike and his GF):
guacamole and carrots, some chips
cheese
shrimp marsala over whole wheat pasta
salad
fresh fruit
dinner (I mean supper, Tori was great. Thanks for having us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmartz View Post
I'd settle for 'work on it' (period). If you as a moderator got no clout, I understand. After all, clients aren't really the source of the revenue stream, unlike ad sponsors. But, ... I'm only asking for estimate, not the world.

- Donna
Donna, I sent it to admin with a link to your post about it, the other day. I haven't heard back yet. I'll let you know as soon as I hear something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar n View Post
Robin Thanks I seem to start well itís the endings I am failing miserably at.

Velmasue & Bowie Welcome!

April Thanks the sun came out so Kaya and I hit the trails I am eagerly awaiting longer days so I can hike after work. Awesome job on your exercise!!

Mern Woohoo on your scale going in the down direction!!

Mike Are you still walking a lot I could use some motivation and a challenge if your up to it!

Hope Oh my I could of used your goal today of thinking before I spoke, I had my foot in my mouth twice today.

Have a great day everyone

Goals:
Walk Twice: M=Y, T=N
Calories less than 1500: M= 1141, T=1321
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M= -946, T= -739
No sugar: M=Y, T=Y
Darlene, did you see that last pic of me? Does it look like I've been walking? Nope, but up for it. Whatcha got for me?
01gt4.6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #37 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 737
Default

Goals for week
1. Keep carbs to 120 grams Mon NO, Tues NO
2. Drink 6 glasses of water Mon BIG YES-7, Tues 6
3. 4 servings fruits/veggies Mon and Tues 3
4. Exercise 5x 30min no,no

Personal goals
1. Clean kitchen (again or is it still??) YES!!!
2. LET IT GO!not really

Jenn
jjrudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:38 PM   #38 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
cjohnson728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,083
Default

Hey all...am reading but not keeping up too well. It doesn't look like I have a breather till Friday. So new goals...be smart, make good choices. That's about all this busy week will afford for the next couple days. Congrats to all who are doing well; hugs if you aren't. Let's all make today a good one . Miss you guys.
__________________
Cassie

And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.
-John Steinbeck
cjohnson728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:09 PM   #39 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 441
Default Tues. Report

  • Workout > 30 mins x 4: N, Y
  • Cholesterol < 250mg: 111, 230
  • Protein > 50 g: 43, 108
  • Sugar < (??? g): ~, Exemplary,
  • Vegetables > 3 /day: N, N,
  • Calories < 1750: 1291, 1287
Big workout. Big Protein. Cholesterol not too bad. No sweets (the only things w/ sugar were half a very small baked potato, carrots, & one piece of whole wheat bread at lunch). I guess avocados are a fruit, or I would have made the veggie goal also. Overall a good day.
dmartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:24 PM   #40 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 441
Default Popular, But ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 View Post
Donna, I sent it to admin with a link to your post about it, the other day. I haven't heard back yet. I'll let you know as soon as I hear something.
Ok, I won't carp now. But... I can, and do, make inferences based on the lack of a quick response on their part.

- Donna
dmartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2