7-Day Motivational Thread for 2/18/13 >

7-Day Motivational Thread for 2/18/13

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 2/18/13

Old 02-23-2013, 06:24 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Happy Saturday, getting an extra hour or so of sleep is always a good way to start the day. Consumed about 1600 calories yesterday, hopefully better today - after lunch & at 490 so far. Going to a movie later & you know what that means - Popcorn!! Guess we'll see how I do LOL Trying to get enough water is is a tough one for me, trying to keep a bottle going all the time. And another day went by with no chocolate, WOW. Quite the craving though Trying to keep busy to be thinking of other things! Anyway, good luck with all your goals, chins up & keep looking ahead at what will be
Peace...
Old 02-23-2013, 07:06 AM
FitDay Member

Agreed there is nothing better than extra sleep! Good going on riding out the craving Jezzie. I too plan to attend a movie tonight and I will be eating popcorn. It will be a small though and I am learning to eat slow.

Ok Darlene and Mike 2.8 today. And some of that was through a snowy woods trail. It was a beautiful and sunny day!

I'm at 5.6k.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

Ladies, I'm still at zero. I'm just not feeling it. I have a lot weighing on me (no pun intended) so I am just in a funk. I found out this morning that a friend of mine was shot several times in the line of duty. He is in serious condition and I haven't heard any updates and no real details on how many times or where he was shot have been released. I pray that he had on his bullet proof vest and that it did its job. I usually don't ask for much but any prayers for NOPD Officer Johnny Passaro would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:26 AM
FitDay Member

Mike I am so sorry prayers going out to you and your friend and you can walk with us next week.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:32 AM
FitDay Member

Jezzie Good luck at the movies I hope your will power hold out.

Robin 4.1k for me today My dog is very happy lol. Where in Canada are you I am on Vancouver Island and its beautiful here today also, no snow on the ground here unless you go up the mountain a bit.So my son is here visiting for dinner so I think the calories I burnt on my walk are going to get enjoyed on barbequed steak and a nice bottle of pinot.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:18 PM
FitDay Member

Default praying for Jonny

praying for your friend Jonny.

feelings and food - go together.

there is a dopamine hormone released everytime we eat - it is a feel good hormone. when stress comes - food tends to be something that most people
without really thinking about it, reach for.

i feel for you having such painful feelings - there is time and space for your processes around feelings and around food.

no rush.

easy does it.

sometimes beating up on oneself for not doing what we 'should'....can really hurt, because often the reason we are eating in the first place, is that we hare hurt and not allowed to be heard or comforted in our worlds , sometimes, or our own beliefs.

the idea of progress...is kinder to the soul...than the hard taskmaster that is 'perfection'.

just for the record - i ate 8 pieces of licorice today, and 3 cookies - not what i planned.....but...i did manage to eat my salads too....that is a plus...and i did sit down for an hour , with my feelings and wrote out what was happening, what was painful......having had a good cry and connecting with some pain...that was earler covered up by licorice etc.....i feel calmer and more balanced.

a little progress - for me.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you Darlene and Lou! The media finally released some information. Wounded NOPD officer in intensive care, suspect still on loose after shooting | wwltv.com New Orleans they just released his name a couple hours ago. He was hit twice. I got an update earlier from a friends that said that he was hurt badly but was in good spirits. I asked a few questions, one being "where" was he hit, that one seemed to be avoided. I'm praying for the best but I would think it it were minor wounds, I would have been told.

Johnny also shoots on my pool team. We play on Monday and I was thinking about having the team sit out, forfeit our games and go see him. I said that I was going to try to go visit him in the hospital on Monday and asked if they thought he would still be there. I was told that he'd be there for a while.

So with that said, prayers are still needed. If you don't pray, I'll take positive thoughts. Thanks everyone.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:54 PM
FitDay Member

Prayers going up for Officer Johnny. Take care, Mike - it's hard to feel so helpless when a dear one is in dire straits and there's nothing we can do.

With all the talk of extra sleep, I thought maybe tonight was the night we turn the clocks ahead and had to google it (it's March 10), and then realized we'll lose an hour of sleep then.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:27 PM
FitDay Member

I've just arrived home from the hospital my husband was in a snowmobiling accident today. I got the call right after I posted abut my walk. His leg is broken and they are keeping him for a few days as he needs a plate put in. Needless to say it's been a rough night. Then Mike I read about your friend. I love the idea of the pool team going to see him. What a tragedy. I wish him well. And thoughts to you too.

I might still walk tomorrow anyway. Depending on how the timings work for the hospital. It makes me feel better and I need to burn off today's adrenaline. But I think we can drop the idea of a challenge. We need more support than challenge right now.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:08 PM
FitDay Member

Robigen - I'm sorry to hear about your husband and wish him a speedy recovery. Thank goodness it was "only" a leg (as painful and awkward as that can be) - I'm always relieved when it's not a head injury.

You'll likely be getting a lot of extra exercise fetching things for your husband for the next couple of months.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.