Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 2/11/13

Old 02-11-2013, 12:07 AM
Super Moderator

Default 7-Day Motivational Thread for 2/11/13

Morning, Everyone!

Getting this started...will be back to set my own goals later. I've been fighting a bug and other things for the past few days but need to do what works. Have a good Monday, y'all .
Old 02-11-2013, 01:37 AM
FitDay Member

Hey hey hey! I'm here. I'm down 3.6 from last week. It was as much as 7, but the weekend kinda did me in I'll make some sort of goals later. I don't think they'll be too extreme though. Not making concrete goals worked last week, I'll do what I can this week though. Wishing everyone a wonderful Monday.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Cassie and Tori.

Goals for the week.
1. Eat 4 fruits and veggies.
2. Drink 6 glasses of water
3. LOG
4. Eat within carb/protein

Personal goals
1. vacuum bedroom and dust!
2. de-clutter
3. don't get discouraged with number on scale

Not sure how much exercising I will get this week. Feeling a little tired and achy today.

Jenn
Old 02-11-2013, 02:36 AM
Super Moderator

G'morning and happy Lundi Gras my lovelies. I had the pleasure of spending the day with Hope and her hubby. They are really nice... they even fed me! We walked around the city a little, got beignets (Tori, that is been yays), had a taste of some pralines. We watched 2 (looked to be homeless ladies) flip out on one group of guys, stopped another group of guys and drank liquor with the, by the river, all before the sun went down.

Back to the food... her they're both really good cooks, he made a tasty fish dish and she hooked up the veggies and salad. It was a nice change consider up until that point I had king cake, more king cake, beignets & a praline. Good think it wasn't a cheat day!

We finished off the day with a parade. (Tori, that is a pee rade). We hitched a ride on the street car, not to be confused with a trolley. We found a nice spot at the end of the route. Had a really good time, met some really nice people out there... Which is easy to do when you're in N'awlins baby.

Overall impressions, they are a really awesome couple. A true pleasure to be around, extremely friendly. I hope I'll get to meet up with them again. (Tori, that means they a'ight for a couple a yanks!)
Old 02-11-2013, 02:44 AM
Super Moderator

One last thing... I hate to put too much of others peoples business out there, but it wasn't until after they invited me back to "their place" that her huddy said that he slipped some ecstasy in my food, but the odd thing was that he had the women on the parade route all over him. He must have been passing that shhhhh out like candy.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
One last thing... I hate to put too much of others peoples business out there, but it wasn't until after they invited me back to "their place" that her huddy said that he slipped some ecstasy in my food, but the odd thing was that he had the women on the parade route all over him. He must have been passing that shhhhh out like candy.
Nahhhhh, that's just DH's natural effect on women; how do you think he got me? And kept me for like 100 years? I hate to blow Mike's tough guy cover but he is a true Southern gentleman, extremely good natured, totally easygoing and a great "hang." And hey anyone who likes our food is OK by us. You BETTER come see us again. Don't make me send DH after you cause you know I'll do it.
BTW what is up with this weather? It is raining here. It aint supposed to rain on Lundi Gras!!!! (yeah like I'm an expert now.)
Hey Tori, now I see when you see in Mike. He arrives with pralines!!!
Old 02-11-2013, 04:02 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, you didn't even tell about the horses that went backwards!!!! Weirdest thing ever.

Oh and LOL on the "trolley." But hey it's better than "that train thing."

Cassie I hope you feel better!!! You too, Jenn! Just do what you can!!! Tori, congrats on the 3.6!!!! A banana is dancing in my head for you. (I am a bit technically challenged.)

Last edited by canary52; 02-11-2013 at 04:16 AM.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:03 AM
FitDay Member

I haven't yet done my menu or pre-logging but breakfast was on-plan. I'll do my snacks and lunch on-plan so dinner and evening snacks won't be a goal problem. My back is still bothering me (kinda twisted it Friday getting out of the car) but I did some light housework today and will see if I can do some aerobic walking at a slower pace. Maybe I'll feel better after some gentle exercise.

Cassie, feel better soon! I got a thank you reply from Edgar Moreno of Ole Mexican Foods regarding my email of appreciation of their changing the Xtreme Wellness High Fiber Low Carb Tortilla recipe back to a more healthful one. He said they worked really hard on changing the recipe to satisfy more customers so he thanked me for noticing.

Tori! Major kudos on being down 3.6 lb. from last week! Wishing you another successful week.

Jenn, best wishes on your nice goals this week. I hope you feel better soon, too.

Mike and Hope, so fun reading that you two are having a good time together in NOLA.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:21 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) HAVE FUN
2) plan meals
3) stay even remotely near plan, especially lunch and breakfast
4) stretch EVERY DAY (you should too, Mr Mike)
5) get back to meditation
6) water is the new beer, drink more
7) Have fun (however will I do that in NOLA?) Notice that is TWO of my goals!!!! I'm taking this seriously.
8) Find a scale (do I even WANT to know?)

Plan haha
One of my breakfast options was no nitrite bacon and egg whites, been there, ate that
Meatballs (kosher, no less - from Kosher Cajun) or tuna with sf mayo and leftover salad
Chicken or fish and veg
cup of gumbo?
Snacks:
clementines
blueberries
"yummy" dried kale (ask Mike lol - it aint KIng Cake, that's for sure.)
nuts

Mern, sorry to hear about your back. Try to do some gentle stretching; it really helps. Maybe heat? Heat works for me. And for me, acupuncture but my stuff is chronic and I am lucky to know a great healer. If you can tolerate Advil or Aleve, might help with inflammation.

Last edited by canary52; 02-11-2013 at 04:42 AM.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:23 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
Nahhhhh, that's just DH's natural effect on women; how do you think he got me? And kept me for like 100 years? I hate to blow Mike's tough guy cover but he is a true Southern gentleman, extremely good natured, totally easygoing and a great "hang." And hey anyone who likes our food is OK by us. You BETTER come see us again. Don't make me send DH after you cause you know I'll do it.
BTW what is up with this weather? It is raining here. It aint supposed to rain on Lundi Gras!!!! (yeah like I'm an expert now.)
Hey Tori, now I see what you see in Mike. He arrives with pralines!!!
Watch it, Im a badass, I'm so damn gangsta! Actually, when Tori invited me up to her hotel room (ouch, I just threw up a little saying that, I may be from the south but even we don't climb up the family tree) I brought king cake.

Originally Posted by canary52
Mike, you didn't even tell about the horses that went backwards!!!! Weirdest thing ever.
And and LOL on the "trolley." But hey it's better than "that train thing."
Let me paint the picture... if you've never seen a Budweiser Clydesdale horse, lets just say it's like a horse on steroids. They make your regular horse look like a... ummmm chihuahua. Well picture like 8 of them, harnessed together pulling the Budweiser wagon and ooops "we took the wrong turn. Hey Estell, put it in reverse!" After a few minutes the thought of 'hmmmmm this could really turn out bad'. Well I'm sure you've all seen the video of the raging bull that runs off into the stands and tramples people. That would have been cake walk compared to 8 of these beasts plowing through a crowd of people. No doubt it would have made for some great video, but fortunately it never unfolded like that!

Originally Posted by Mern
I haven't yet done my menu or pre-logging but breakfast was on-plan. I'll do my snacks and lunch on-plan so dinner and evening snacks won't be a goal problem. My back is still bothering me (kinda twisted it Friday getting out of the car) but I did some light housework today and will see if I can do some aerobic walking at a slower pace. Maybe I'll feel better after some gentle exercise.

Cassie, feel better soon! I got a thank you reply from Edgar Moreno of Ole Mexican Foods regarding my email of appreciation of their changing the Xtreme Wellness High Fiber Low Carb Tortilla recipe back to a more healthful one. He said they worked really hard on changing the recipe to satisfy more customers so he thanked me for noticing.

Tori! Major kudos on being down 3.6 lb. from last week! Wishing you another successful week.

Jenn, best wishes on your nice goals this week. I hope you feel better soon, too.

Mike and Hope, so fun reading that you two are having a good time together in NOLA.
Mern, sorry to hear about your back. That once again confirms my thought that cars are overrated for their safety. You should have gotten a motorcycle.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 02-11-2013 at 04:37 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.