Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 2/11/13

Old 02-13-2013, 12:39 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, LOL--I'm a midwest Yankee through and through, but am only 8 miles from the Kentucky border. But as far as the "southern Ohio" oxymoron goes, we do have a lot of dumb ox morons here--and they ARE the opposite of the definition of Ohioans.

Donna, thanks for your reply. I use Google Chrome. If I compose a post in the reply box and hit SUBMIT I most often run into the timing issue, hit the BACK button on my browser and find the post still there, hit SUBMIT again and it then goes through. When I compose my post on NotePad, then cut and paste it to the reply box, it almost always goes through the first time I hit SUBMIT. I have gotten a few pop-ups regarding a possible hacker on my server redirecting desktop links I click, so it could be a server issue. (I've resolved those issues by changing my links to take a different route to the web page I want.) But thinking it over, I have been fighting the clock lately with not enough hours in the day to do all I want to do, so it's also possible that for the three posts I submitted that didn't get posted, it could be I simply didn't follow through to be sure they appeared on our thread to begin with.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:21 AM
FitDay Member

Default Tues.

• Workout > 30 mins x 4: Y
  • Cholesterol < 250mg: 203, 122
  • Protein > 50 g: 52, 55
  • Sugar < (??? g): ~, N
  • Vegetables > 3 /day: Y, Y
  • Calories < 1750: 1283, 1259
Mern: Glad we can up with essentially the same work-around.

Cassie / Mike: Can you let support know there may now be an issue with the 'datepick,' since the Date and day forward / back selection links are not displaying on the Dashboard or Log pages using Firefox.

- Donna
Old 02-13-2013, 01:21 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, how has your week been so far, hitting goals.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Robingen
Jezzie I bought some quinoa at the behest of my "eating clean" neighbour. I have no idea what to do with it. lol. I am not very adventurous when it comes to cooking.
Robin, rinse the quinoa really well in a thin mesh strainer. One of the best ways to make it is using fresh carrot juice and cumin. It makes it so tasty. Not sure of the liquid to grain ratio but that you can look up. Enjoy! I haven't cooked it in years (I'm more low carb) but it is now the "new supergrain." I actually have soon and when I get home, maybe I'll try it again....

Last edited by canary52; 02-13-2013 at 02:13 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:31 AM
FitDay Member

Did great all day yesterday again. Then had pizza for dinner followed by ice cream and two more slices of pizza. Kinda not a good end to a good day.

Bought a 8 lb kettlebell last night on clearance at walmart for $6. A girl can't pass up something on clearance right? So I did a workout this morning with it. It was the shortest one I could find on the fitnessblender channel on YT that I just love. It was about 14 mins long but I wasn't sure if I was going to get sore from it. So far so good. Will attempt some walking on lunch again but it is really cold and supposed to snow today. May have to settle for reading fitness magazine on lunch. Think I will do one of the longer half hour type videos tonight and see how that feels if I get some laundry done first.

Next 2-3 days are going to be hard food-wise at work. The test kitchen is in full swing with cuttings (taste tests) for an amusement park and our local baseball stadium. So you know what kinds of foods that means will be leftover and free for the taking in the break room all afternoon. Ugh! And I sit just around the wall (my back is to the wall that separates me from the kitchen when at my desk) so I get to smell what they're cooking ALL...DAY...LONG!!!
Old 02-13-2013, 01:33 AM
FitDay Member

Jenn, thanks for your interest. My week so far hasn't been too great. I sort of had a pity party (well, ok, not "sort of"--I DID) over my five days of back pain and fell off the wagon two nights in a row after being good all day. I didn't log my evening carb binges. My back is almost totally better now, so I'm going to resume my regular exercise today--I'm sure it will be no problem. I'm going to restart my 21 day mindset makeover today. Looks like you're doing better than I. Congrats on your successes this week.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

APRIL, WELCOME BACK!!!! So glad to see you here!!! Mike told me you were back but I wasn't on FD cause we were too busy with Party Gras!!!! Funny story about your friends and the ummm objects on the phone may appear bigger than in person... Mike can tell you my DH (cute that Mike called him that) is a BIG FLIRT but if he did something like that, he'd be parking his junk elsewhere. I mean his things, his umm stuff, uhh nevermind....
Good job withtht kettleball!!! I don't think I could even lift an 8 pound kettle balla t this point. Funny about the bargain...DD says I'd buy stuff I don't even like if it's on sale (kinda true.) What do you do for work again? You prolly said.

Hey Frenchhen, cute pix of horses.

Cassie, please treat yourself like the goddess you are.

Mern, I hope your back is OK.

Hey, Donna, Jenn, Jezzie. Where y'at? Mike, did I get that right? If I missed anyone, big hugs to ya.

Tori, cream cheese, cinnamon and Mississippi Mud, you sure he didn't also put a piece of fried chicken on it? I would say your Bubba is trying to sabotage your diet like he did to me with those chips (yeah twist my arm.) Those "chirrens" (did I get it right, Mike?) he brought to the parade were great, so well behaved and so much fun. His stepdaughter actually gave me a glass bead necklace she caugt that she said was like the original Mardi Gras beads they used to throw. A gift and a history lesson!!!

As for me, I have a fried chicken hangover. Yes I am not proud. After you left, Mike, DH and I limped home, had a fabulous HEALTHY dinner DH cooked (chicken and zucchini.) All was good until DH said "Let's go out." Nothing that much doing on Royal, Boubon was a ZOO, we ended up in a bar on Decatur. I had my usual one drink - we met a young couple who were very nice but getting HAMMERED. Since I am NOT a big drinker, I figured I need to soak up this liquor with some food and what better way to do it than fried chicken at 11 pm? Yeah, not a good example, I. Should I mention the jambalaya and chocolate too? Hmmm, yeah. I may not quite be going to hell with myself but let's just say I am going to N'awlins with myself and leave it at that.

On a GREAT note, DD and I had a fabulous talk. She was mad at me so would answer texts and FB messages but would NOT talk on the phone with me cause of something stupid I said in my effort to "help her" re her eating habits. Anyway, if you will allow a little proud momma braggin, she published her second article in the school paper, is editing an interview for her third, and is getting a poem published in a literary journal. Plus she got a callback for a drama production. And she's a freshman. Mike, what is the singular for chirrun? Cause whatever it is, I got me a good 'un.

OK that's about it except I must hunt for a scale down here. Maybe that will cure those fried chicken cravings. I could eat that right now for breakfast.

Last edited by canary52; 02-13-2013 at 02:34 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:11 AM
FitDay Member

Hey people!
Here are my goals this week:
1. gain 3 pounds
2. eat 2 packages of Oreos this week
3. watch 10 movies to keep me on the couch!
Would love support Thanks!
Old 02-13-2013, 02:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by sophierich77
Hey people!
Here are my goals this week:
1. gain 3 pounds
2. eat 2 packages of Oreos this week
3. watch 10 movies to keep me on the couch!
Would love support Thanks!
Hey that sounds like my plan last week!!! Go you!

Hope...It sounds like you are having an awesome time. I am so happy to hear about your daughter. She sounds like she is finding her place in this world and it's a good place to be. You have to be so proud of her right now!
Old 02-13-2013, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) HAVE FUN - YES, YES!!!!
2) plan meals; yes and are you kidding me? It was Mardi Gras, nuff said. That last post was like War and Piece of Chicken 3) stay even remotely near plan, especially lunch and breakfast- yes and there was no plan but I was OK until those chips (Blame Mike 101)4) stretch EVERY DAY (you should too, Mr Mike) yes, yes
5) get back to meditation -yes and um I contempalted King Cake
6) water is the new beer, drink more= N, N
7) Have fun (however will I do that in NOLA?) Notice that is TWO of my goals!!!! I'm taking this seriously. See #1
8) Find a scale (do I even WANT to know?) N, N, I do want to know I think

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.