Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7-Day Motivational Thread for 2/11/13 >

7-Day Motivational Thread for 2/11/13

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 2/11/13

Old 02-11-2013, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator

Okay, I'm being harrased into making goals.

1) water, a gallon a day
2) eat better (that's not saying much)
3) take all vitamins
4) walk 7 miles (at one time)
5) make it out to NOLA to meet up with Hope and her DH
6) take the new gun out shooting (Tori, that means I'm gonna bus a cap in some targets)
Old 02-11-2013, 04:47 AM
Super Moderator

okay, my last attempt to put the size of these beast into perspective.

They are bigger than the mountains.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Okay, I'm being harrased into making goals.

1) water, a gallon a day
2) eat better (that's not saying much)
3) take all vitamins
4) walk 7 miles (at one time)
5) make it out to NOLA to meet up with Hope and her DH
6) take the new gun out shooting (Tori, that means I'm gonna bus a cap in some targets)
Atta boy!!! I can help you with goal #5 and maybe even #2 LOL.
Mike, you are BA!!! What's this about a gun?

Great pix of Clydesdales and great "picture painting."
BTW y'all, Mike doesn't mention how cute the horses were, nuzzling each other and one even danced. Awwwwwwww.....

Last edited by canary52; 02-11-2013 at 06:28 AM.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:39 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, if I had a motorcycle I'd probably get run over by a semi or something. I'll take the wrenched back from getting out of the car awkwardly. LOL I love Clydesdales-- and your pics are fantastic! We were fortunate to see them at a tour of a Budweiser plant in New Hampshire many years ago. Nice goals, especially walking 7 miles!

Hope, hi! Aw, that sweet that the horses were nuzzling each other. I've been using aspirin for my back. Decided against the heat because it's already burning from the soreness, but gentle stretching sounds more helpful than the slower aerobic walking I had planned. Thanks.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator

Oh Mern, I can't take credit for those pics. They were just some that I found on google. I didn't bring my camera last night because we had a 90% chance of rain.

Hope has a good pic on her hubby's phone of the 3 of us. If she sends it to me, I'll post it up. Although according to Tori, my cheeks are chubby.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
Atta boy!!! I can help you with goal #5 and maybe even #2 LOL.
Mike, you are BA!!! What's this about a gun?

Great pix of Clydesdales and great "picture painting."
BTW y'all, Mike doesn't mention how cute the horses were, nuzzling each other and one even danced. Awwwwwwww.....
I try to tread lightly (at times) so I try to answer this without stepping on toes. As far as the gun, I don't feel that our government has the right to tell me that I can't protect myself or my family. I'm pretty sure that is the underlying motive and that's the direction that it's headed. 20 years ago I owned a shotgun, for hunting. I sold it years ago and haven't had a gun since. I just picked up a 9mm handgun for self protection. In Louisiana you can "open carry" (walk around with a gun on your hip). I don't want to draw attention to myself so I've signed up for the CWP (concealed weapons permit) so I can carry concealed. I pray that I never need to use it... almost as much as I've prayed to not be in a situation where I needed a gun, but didn't have one. As they say, it's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. Unfortunately, part of the media portrays gun owners as gun toting vigilantes. But as you know, 4 people were shot on Bourbon Street the other night, probably by a criminal if I had to guess. Like the old bumper sticker says "if you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have them". I don't wish to get into a shootout in a crowded street but if my life is in danger, I want to have the proper training to defend myself, without hurting the innocent around me. Last night, can you guess where my car was?? In my car because I haven't taken the safety class (which the CWP class is).

That's as lightly as I can tread without voicing my true feelings.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:36 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Monday everyone. The scale lied to me on Friday - my week away added a whopping 6 pounds not 1.6 Guess it took a day to catch up. So being good about tracking. Discovered a new recipe - Quinoa Frittatas - delish. Stretched the recipe to 8 servings instead of 6 - about 160 calories each so not bad. Also trying to get my water in! That's tough for some reason? I am dealing with shoulder/arm problems so am limited to walking for now Have to go for surgery to have a lump removed besides the bursitis. Must be getting old LOL
Old 02-11-2013, 10:20 AM
FitDay Member

Okay, I guess since my Bubba made goals, I will too. Nothing too major though. Mainly Home/Life stuff.

Health/Fitness
1--keep doing what works
2--try to drink more water

Home/Life
1--get WHN's Valentine Gift
2--spend time with The Jassimonster
3--start working on the embroidery (didn't I make this same goal a couple of weeks ago?)

That's it. Nothing too hard.

I still don't understand all these people saying Mike is a "true southern gentleman". MAN, does he have y'all snowed!! I give him credit, he's a good big brother but that's about as far as it goes And the only reason he brought me King Cake was to sabatoge me And then he dropped a lot of curse words. I think he might have a look alike, and that's who he's sending out as "Mike". That way he can protect his true self and not run everybdy off.

Hope-Enjoy yourself! Don't get into too much trouble (if you listen to Mike you're bound to get in trouble)

Cassie & Jenn-Hope you're starting to feel a little bit better

Mern-Take care of yourself lady! A hurt back is nothing to be messed around with.

Jezzie-Don't let the scale get to you. It can definitely be a bitch from time to time.

I believe we're missing a lot of people....Quinn?? Joanna? Robin?? Darlene? Where are all y'all???
Old 02-11-2013, 10:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I try to tread lightly (at times) so I try to answer this without stepping on toes. As far as the gun, I don't feel that our government has the right to tell me that I can't protect myself or my family. I'm pretty sure that is the underlying motive and that's the direction that it's headed. 20 years ago I owned a shotgun, for hunting. I sold it years ago and haven't had a gun since. I just picked up a 9mm handgun for self protection. In Louisiana you can "open carry" (walk around with a gun on your hip). I don't want to draw attention to myself so I've signed up for the CWP (concealed weapons permit) so I can carry concealed. I pray that I never need to use it... almost as much as I've prayed to not be in a situation where I needed a gun, but didn't have one. As they say, it's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. Unfortunately, part of the media portrays gun owners as gun toting vigilantes. But as you know, 4 people were shot on Bourbon Street the other night, probably by a criminal if I had to guess. Like the old bumper sticker says "if you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have them". I don't wish to get into a shootout in a crowded street but if my life is in danger, I want to have the proper training to defend myself, without hurting the innocent around me. Last night, can you guess where my car was?? In my car because I haven't taken the safety class (which the CWP class is).

That's as lightly as I can tread without voicing my true feelings.
As we say in Noo Yawk how `bout them Mets? Or since we're in NOLA how `bout them Saints? (only team here I know of.)

Fellow Fitdayers, if two New Yorkers get shot in NOLA because the husband allegedly put ectasy in a La. resident's fish, you know who done it.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:52 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Tori I am here. Not much to say really, same old goals as every week.

1) 1200-1400 cals per day
2) one green tea per day
3) make a healthy lunch

And I think I need to add another goal for water because I think I am not drinking enough

4) track water

Went for a walk today, it was the first time in a while. Didn't feel too great. Probably did too much.

Stranded at my office right now, another storm. It's ok I am catching up stuff. Feels good really.

Hope and Mike sounds like you guys had fun.

Cassie and Jenn hope you guys are feeling better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.