Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 2/11/13

Old 02-17-2013, 11:54 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up hi

I see you've all had a great weekend between Bob Barker, movies, taxes & driving tests LOL. My phsyio went OK except for him telling me I have a frozen shoulder now. OMG what next. Sounds like some painful treatment coming up Not been too too bad over the weekend although I did indulge in a small DQ blizzard, it's been a long time so I found a reason to justify it - not good I know but it was LOL. I'm avoiding the scale for a few days anyway. Hope everyone has a great week coming up. Have to go do my shoulder exercises now, ciao
Old 02-17-2013, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jezzie8
I see you've all had a great weekend between Bob Barker, movies, taxes & driving tests LOL. My phsyio went OK except for him telling me I have a frozen shoulder now. OMG what next. Sounds like some painful treatment coming up Not been too too bad over the weekend although I did indulge in a small DQ blizzard, it's been a long time so I found a reason to justify it - not good I know but it was LOL. I'm avoiding the scale for a few days anyway. Hope everyone has a great week coming up. Have to go do my shoulder exercises now, ciao
Sorry to hear about your shoulder. Those that know me, know what the next words to come from my fingers are.... tell me about the Blizzard!
Old 02-17-2013, 12:45 PM
FitDay Member

LOL THE BLIZZARD.....
It was a chocolate extreme and I savoured every bite mmmmmgood
Old 02-17-2013, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

Will permission from Hope.

Hope, her DH, my GFs middle chirrun and her friend and myself. I would say that the camera added 20 pounds to me but that would be a lie. A poor diet and a case of the lazies has though.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jezzie8
LOL THE BLIZZARD.....
It was a chocolate extreme and I savoured every bite mmmmmgood
never had chocolate extreme. I'd say I'd get one bad after posting a pic of my fat ass I think it's time for me to calm down.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Wow, how much fun that looks! Glad you guys got to meet up and have such a great time.

Jezzie, I hope your shoulder heals up soon. My son and I have both struggled with ours.

One more check in before the week ends; kinda fell off a bit but at least I kept logging and didn't run the train all the way off the tracks.

1. 1300 calories max daily. 1258, 1244, 941, 1294, 1296, 1440, 1434
2. Exercise 5 times this week. One, Two, Three, Four
3. Log everything. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Eat clean; no trigger foods. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Oops, Oops again
5. 64 oz. fluids daily. Yes, Yes, Nope, No, Lost track but I think so, Pretty sure, Pretty sure
6. Take vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, Yes, No, Yes, Yes, Yes

Overall, my weekly calorie avg was 1268, so I'm considering goal #1 a win.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:04 PM
FitDay Member

I'm just about to head out for my first workout of the day, but thought I'd stop by and say Hi! Looks like some people have been having a lot of fun lately!!!

I dropped 3lbs last week despite having a pretty blow-out weekend, so I can't be too unhappy.

I'll read the thread from beginning to end when I get back.
Have a fittastic Monday!!!
Old 02-18-2013, 12:15 AM
FitDay Member

Default Sugar, Sugar

MIKE! <Donna Jumps Up> THANK YOU SO MUCH, for your offer of a King Cake! BUT, I'm going to have to respectfully decline, (for reasons that will soon be obvious.) Here's what I'd like instead. Can you, as SUPER Moderator, ask Tech support to respond to my post about adding sugar to the Log DB?

It's been a while since I've seen a report about server issues, so I'm assuming the worst of that may be behind them. And I also believe they did (at least) one code update in the last week or so. Can we ask them to give an estimate on my request regarding sugar, that I'll quote below. Your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Much, much more than a king cake. I'm really tired of my goals saying "Sugar < (??? g)." And, sugar has been a real source of, um, inflammation for me lately.

- Donna

Originally Posted by dmartz
I've got a rant I'd like to get off my chest. I know Fitday has had a lot of issues lately with their server systems administration, but once they have this resolved, I hope they will address another shortcoming they've had for a while - They should update the Nutrition Facts label in the food log section to match the one mandated by the FDA.

Where does it differ? Fitday does not have the entry that specifies Sugar. The Sugar item was added to the Fed regulations for food labeling in 2006 - I looked it up. ( See Nutrition Labeling of Food: “Sugars” - US Code of Fed Regs, Title 21, Sect. 101.9(c)(6)(ii) ) The USDA database has contained this data for several years, (since ~ 2008, I believe.)

So, I'm hoping that Fitday can update their db so this can be logged and tracked like other nutrition components, in the near future. This would be a big help to people who would like to quantify their sugar intake in their [food] journal.

I've read comments in the past that with some nebulous mentions that this may be forthcoming, but never any assurances that work on adding 'Sugar' to the Food Log was underway. Can anyone confirm or deny rumors of the impending introduction of Sugar to the food log?

Last edited by dmartz; 02-18-2013 at 12:30 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:25 AM
FitDay Member

Default Sunday Recap

• Workout > 30 mins x 4: Y, Y, Y, Y, Y
  • Cholesterol < 250mg: 203, 122, 93, 162, 244, 251, 148
  • Protein > 50 g: 52, 55, 39, 76, 103, 121, 76
  • Sugar < (??? g): ~, N, N, N, N, N, N
  • Vegetables > 3 /day: Y, Y, N(2), Y, Y, N(2), N
  • Calories < 1750: 1283, 1259, 1263, 2162, 1828,1963, 1762
Week Summary: Five workouts,
Cholesterol Ave: 175
Protein Ave: 75
Calories Ave: 1645
Not enough vegetables

Sugar out of control. If I could measure it, I'd do much better in this area.

- Donna
Old 02-18-2013, 12:26 AM
FitDay Member

Default PS

Great Mardi Gras pic! Looks like y'all had a great time!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.