Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 2/11/13

Old 02-15-2013, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

April, congrats on your workouts this week. I'm like you...dinner at the table with the family has always been a priority. Some nights it's crazy, especially during the baseball years, but now the schedules are coinciding pretty well.

Jenn and Mern, my hat is off to you ladies again for being so diligent and motivated to control things without meds to the greatest degree you can.

It's good to see so many here on a Friday! Let's keep it going strong through the weekend!

1. 1300 calories max daily. 1258, 1244, 941, 1294, 1296
2. Exercise 5 times this week. One, Two, Three
3. Log everything. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Eat clean; no trigger foods. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. 64 oz. fluids daily. Yes, Yes, Nope, No, Lost track but I think so
6. Take vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, Yes, No, Yes

Last edited by cjohnson728; 02-17-2013 at 02:13 AM.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:08 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the link Mern. I'll have to check my glucose monitor to see what my average is.
Wow, April you're a machine! Congrats on the workouts!
Cassie your numbers look good--drink that water!

Jenn
Old 02-16-2013, 01:13 AM
FitDay Member

Agreed, April is motivating with her workouts.

Cassie, I am here all weekend too and hope you are feeling better. The week seems to have gone well goal wise for you.

I too admire Jenn and Mern for trying to manage the blood sugar with diet. For me I am trying to prevent those issues from developing, any of those issues that are based on lifestyle. There is a lot of Type 1 diabetes in my family and I have had gestational diabetes. So the fear is there, and part of my motivation.

I have stuck well to my goals all week although the scale is moving slowly due to lack of exercise. I am slowly starting to do a bit more though.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:11 AM
FitDay Member

Default Fri.

• Workout > 30 mins x 4: Y, Y, Y, Y
  • Cholesterol < 250mg: 203, 122, 93, 162, 244
  • Protein > 50 g: 52, 55, 39, 76, 103
  • Sugar < (??? g): ~, N, N, N, N
  • Vegetables > 3 /day: Y, Y, N(2), Y, Y
  • Calories < 1750: 1283, 1259, 1263, 2162, 1828
Lots of veggies, chicken and choc. truffles.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:23 AM
FitDay Member

Done with the freakin' income tax returns. I wish DH would try to learn how to do our tax returns but he's too intimidated. I'll bet if I pre-decease him that he'll THEN be willing to pay a tax prep service. Well, at least I won't have to whine about this task again until next year. LOL

Jenn, best wishes on figuring out the mystery of your higher than expected A1C results.

April, I agree with everyone that you are setting such a good example for the rest of us.

Robin, kudos on having a lifestyle that may prevent the development of diabetes. My doc told me that if I am able to bring my blood sugar down to normal and keep it there with a low carb diet (which I have since August of 2011) that even though Type II diabetes runs heavily in my family, I may be able to prevent full-blown diabetes for life. I am fortunate--it's not possible for everyone to control it with diet alone. Even when I go off the wagon for a couple days, I am able to reel myself back in and keep my average blood sugar in the normal range. I've done well foodwise for the past few days, but my scale isn't moving due to not drinking enough fluids.

Donna, kudos on your reports this week! Lots of veggies and chicken is good--pass me a chocolate truffle! I'm having a nice lean pork chop and mashed cauliflower with cheese, and low carb coleslaw for dinner.

Cassie, thanks for your kind words, too. I'm more afraid of the meds than admirable for choosing dietary restrictions. My hat is off to YOU for your fabulous reports all week! That took more diligence and motivation than I had this week. I hope your scale reflects all your hard work.

Last edited by Mern; 02-16-2013 at 09:12 AM.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
I hope your scale reflects all your hard work.
It might, if I had the cojones to get on it . Congrats on finishing the taxes and for taking that job on! My DH does ours and cranks and grumps every year. He has the background to do it, but between our personal ones and my business ones, they are a real pain in the tuckus. We did have an accountant do part of them last year for the first time and that seemed like even more of a pain! How has your granddaughter been feeling, by the way?

Donna, Robin, Jenn, good weekend warriors all! Hope you all are having a nice weekend. Robin, I need to kick up my exercise, too. Next week will be busy again, but that's not an excuse.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

Gacked a few goals today, but overall it's been a pretty good week.

1. 1300 calories max daily. 1258, 1244, 941, 1294, 1296, 1440
2. Exercise 5 times this week. One, Two, Three
3. Log everything. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Eat clean; no trigger foods. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Oops
5. 64 oz. fluids daily. Yes, Yes, Nope, No, Lost track but I think so, Pretty sure
6. Take vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, Yes, No, Yes, Yes
Old 02-17-2013, 12:01 AM
FitDay Member

Default Sat.

• Workout > 30 mins x 4: Y, Y, Y, Y
  • Cholesterol < 250mg: 203, 122, 93, 162, 244, 251
  • Protein > 50 g: 52, 55, 39, 76, 103, 121
  • Sugar < (??? g): ~, N, N, N, N, N
  • Vegetables > 3 /day: Y, Y, N(2), Y, Y, N(2)
  • Calories < 1750: 1283, 1259, 1263, 2162, 1828,1963
Thought I was doing good, until I remembered the baguette I ate before dinner. Dinner was a slab of salmon grilled w/ citrus, onion, garlic, some peanut oil + saffron rice & broccoli. & Wine. Oh, & the oatmeal cookies for breakfast weren't good at all.

Mern, it must have been a taxing weekend. You finished your taxes and I started mine. I used to do mine so I could ferret out all the nooks and crannies of credits and deductions, but I'm getting a bit lazy in that regard.

Tomorrow is the ultimate day of you Mindset Makeover, isn't it? Do you feel like a new woman?

- Donna
Old 02-17-2013, 02:18 AM
Super Moderator

Donna, despite the cookies, it sounds like your day balanced out pretty well. And hey, oatmeal's a whole grain, so it's not like you ate Double Stuff Oreos. I hate when I forget about something I ate!

I had a leisurely start to my Sunday with a couple cups of tea and a wheat/cranberry/orange scone. On the agenda today is organization and other home tasks and parallel parking practice with the boy. License test is scheduled a week from Tuesday .

Have a wonderful day, everyone!
Old 02-17-2013, 03:50 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie

Have fun with the parallel parking..it's all about the practice. Did you know that in England it's not a required part of the test? (so I read) My son failed because after parking absolutely perfectly he pulled out without signalling (he was in cones in a vacant lot).

I am going to try a version of the grilled shrimp in quinoa today. I don't have all the ingredients and we are in the midst of another snowstorm but I am going to improvise. Wish me luck.

To those still today, best wishes for your goals in the week to come!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.