Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 2/11/13

Old 02-14-2013, 08:47 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
Water 64 oz per day minimum:T,W
Walk 4 x: M,T,Th
Slower eating, stop wolfing down my food:M,T,W, Th

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, I wasn't feeling so good. But today I am gladly back. Happy to hear what everyone is doing. Together we are geniuses.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:15 AM
FitDay Member

So far I have been faced with a box of Chocolates. I have put them out at work for others to enjoy. I did not dare even have one as this is a major trigger food for me. I feel surprisingly indifferent about them.

However, valentine's day is not over yet.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Robingen
So far I have been faced with a box of Chocolates. I have put them out at work for others to enjoy. I did not dare even have one as this is a major trigger food for me. I feel surprisingly indifferent about them.

However, valentine's day is not over yet.
Congrats on being strong so far, Robin!

Glad you are feeling better, Frenchhen.

Jenn, glad to see the three pounds down. Maybe not what you hoped for, but definitely in the right direction. What you know is definitely paying off.

Thank you, Donna...good to know that about chlorine. It was really just cleaning every pot, cooking utensil, and dish in my kitchen, plus flour spills, so no chlorine. I've battled this before but never knew that about chlorine so I will be vigilant from now on.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:10 PM
FitDay Member

Another 40 mins spent with the kettlebell! Going up & down stairs is even more difficult but I know it is so worth it!

No dinner since ate like a fat girl for lunch today. Dished out 3 flavors of ice cream for the guys for snack and even though I did eat about 4 spoons of it, I stopped and made myself cottage cheese, greek yogurt, a sprinkle of coconut and about a 1/4 cup of fruit & nut granola. Figured my muscles needed some extra protein tonight.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

Great job, April!
Old 02-14-2013, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

1. 1300 calories max daily. 1258, 1244, 941, 1294
2. Exercise 5 times this week. One, Two
3. Log everything. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Eat clean; no trigger foods. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. 64 oz. fluids daily. Yes, Yes, Nope, No
6. Take vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, Yes, No

Mixed bag today. Still a little woozy but certainly better than I was; I've been able to get vertical a bit and hope it's even better tomorrow. DS has four appts (teacher work day) so I'll be running, but I think I'll have him drive.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:54 PM
FitDay Member

Happy Valentines Day!!!

Goals
Think before I eat, why, what and when.M=N, T=Y, W=Y, T=Well I thought about the chocolate covered strawberries before I ate them but I only ate 2 so I don't feel to bad.
Choose clean real foods.M=N, T=N, W=Y, T=N
Get walking again.M=Y, T=N, W=N, T=Y
Old 02-15-2013, 12:23 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thurs.

• Workout > 30 mins x 4: Y, Y, Y
  • Cholesterol < 250mg: 203, 122, 93, 162
  • Protein > 50 g: 52, 55, 39, 76
  • Sugar < (??? g): ~, N, N, N
  • Vegetables > 3 /day: Y, Y, N(2), Y
  • Calories < 1750: 1283, 1259, 1263, 2162
Veggie Salad Buffet for Lunch, w/ Cornbread. Lots of champagne w/ dinner + Chocolates. Oh, and light wt. workout in the am.

Robin: You get the Valentines Day Award of Valor, for abstention of chocolate!

April: You get the Meritorious Conduct Medal.

I think Mern went MIA...

- Donna
Old 02-15-2013, 01:38 AM
FitDay Member

I think perhaps Mern thinks she is posting but she's not lol...

Thanks for the reinforcement Donna. It's easier than it appears. I am learning how good abstinence works for me....I don't feel the least bit deprived. Now if I had one, there would be a different story. But I can see this bowl of chocolates on a regular basis and I know better than to have one.

I think it's sugar abstinence (no sugary foods not no carbs) that is working for me. It took a while. I started that around Mid-December.

I just wanted to say about the protein, I have no guidelines that I am following but my protein is way below what others are following/reporting. I had this big discussion about this with my son who does bodybuilding and is always researching this. The only way he can keep his protein high enough is with protein powder. However I like the suggestion about having high protein snacks. I just don't think I can eat any more chicken lol. Anyway that's a work in progress.

Still working on the water.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:02 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) HAVE FUN - YES, YES!!!! YES YES
2) plan meals; yes and are you kidding me? It was Mardi Gras, nuff said. That last post was like War and Piece of Chicken yes, yes
3) stay even remotely near plan, especially lunch and breakfast- yes and there was no plan but I was OK until those chips (Blame Mike 101) sorta, sorta
4) stretch EVERY DAY (you should too, Mr Mike) yes, yes, yes, yes
5) get back to meditation -yes and um I contemplated King Cake no, no
6) water is the new beer, drink more= N, N haven't thought of it x2 (W&TH)
7) Have fun (however will I do that in NOLA?) Notice that is TWO of my goals!!!! I'm taking this seriously. See #1
8) Find a scale (do I even WANT to know?) N, N, I do want to know I think; [COLOR="Orange"]Yes I found one but I was too cheap to buy it; [COLOR] weighed myself on a public scale (with shoes on) and it lied by trying to flatter me into thinking I am 10 pounds lighter than I prolly am.

Last edited by canary52; 02-15-2013 at 02:13 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.