Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 2-4-13  WE'VE GOT THIS! >

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 2-4-13 WE'VE GOT THIS!

Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 2-4-13 WE'VE GOT THIS!

Old 02-04-2013, 12:23 AM
FitDay Member

Default 7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 2-4-13 WE'VE GOT THIS!

Good morning, everyone! Hoping the cartoon give you all a little chuckle. But seriously, let's all try hard to make this one of our best weeks ever.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:23 AM
Super Moderator

Good Monday Morning, Mern, and thanks for getting us off to a smiling start .

I am looking forward to making this one of my best weeks. I slipped on a lot of things last week as a result of getting overwhelmed. This is the constant monkey on my back, and it always results in me being my lowest priority. That is incompatible with my health and it is biting me back this morning with a vertigo spell.

This was a crazy weekend. It is almost a relief to see Monday (did I really say that?).

I will post goals in a bit.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:26 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, I needed that! I'm not going to worry too much about the number until I go to Dr next week. My weight fluctuates too.

Jenn
Old 02-04-2013, 01:35 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in this week! Sorry I have been away, life just getting in the way...

Goals:
Water at least 64 oz per day
Walk 4 days this week
Water class plus lap swimming on Wednesday
Add a fruit to my daily intake

Okay I think I can do that!
Old 02-04-2013, 02:02 AM
FitDay Member

Will be back later to catch up with the posts. Headed for a routine eye exam.

Welcome back Frenchhen.

Today's planned menu:

Breakfast: just a protein shake because I'm running late.

Lunch: leftover salmon and low digestible carb pasta, spinach

Dinner: pork chop, broccoli, black soybeans, sweet & sour cucumber

Snacks: choose from almonds, another protein shake, chicken, protein bar topped with Laughing Cow Cheese,
Old 02-04-2013, 02:37 AM
FitDay Member

Epic binge yesterday, holy cow! I'll just have to do damage control for the next couple of days. I was supposed to weigh in this morning but I'm going to wait. I feel like I didn't do very well last week, what with all my blood sugar shenanigans, but there's nothing to be done for it now. It's a new week, right?! Just try again this time.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:13 AM
FitDay Member

Water all day:
Log everything:
1500 cals max:
Exercise 3x this week (gym or other good workout):
Real Food (5 ingredient limit on packaged foods – 75% is a Y):

Mern - Thanks for the great start! Love the cartoon!

Cassie - Oh... yikes, vertigo?! I hope it goes away soon... this WILL be a great week, even Monday.

Frenchhen - Welcome back! Nice goals!

Jenn - Let's have a great week! The scale can definately wait it's turn next week!

Joanna - I am in the same boat lady - also had an epic binge Sunday... but this will be a great week!

----------

The 49ers may have lost, but the Superbowl potluck was outstanding! Buffalo chicken lasagne, beef ribs, 2 kinds of chicken wings, cheese dip, cupcakes, beer... the list goes on and on (but remarkably few veggies unless you count avocado and spinach dip). I had already planned it as a free day, but that does not mean I don't feel guilt about the binge .

I am back to logging food this week, and hope to lose the 2lbs that have crept onto my hips recently. It is beautiful and sunny in Cali, and I have no excuses!
Old 02-04-2013, 04:18 AM
Super Moderator

Well I started off last week strong, then I fell apart. On a good note, I weighed in at 193.4, 1.4 down from last Monday. I did work out 3 times but only walked like 2.5 miles.

I think I'm going to do the same goals for this week.

QUINNIEPOO.... WHERE ARE YOU???
Old 02-04-2013, 06:01 AM
Super Moderator

Just followed everyone's good ideas and made a smoothie for lunch. I'm curious to see how long it keeps me full. I used 1/2 cup milk, 3 oz plain Greek Yogurt, about 3/4 cup frozen raspberries and strawberries, and a handful of baby spinach. I added a packet of stevia and three ice cubes; it came in at under 200 calories. Not sure if that was too much spinach or if my blender is just lame, but after reading and hearing that you can't taste the green stuff you put in these, I was surprised to taste it. But I like the taste of spinach, so no problem. Again, thanks for the idea, all who were talking about it the past couple weeks.

Ama, hope you have a great week, too. I was thinking about you last night and hope you didn't take the loss too hard. We were very excited here in my house!

Joanna, wishing you a stable-blood-sugar week. I hope you enjoyed last night, even if you had to pay calorie-wise.

Frenchhen, welcome back! Good to see you again.

Jenn, I hope your doc appt. goes well next week...you can do this!

Mern, wishing you good news from the eye exam. I hope there are no major developments. Your menu today looks very nutritious. How are you liking the mindset program so far?

Mike, we both need to hold it together as the week progresses . Let's make this the week we do it.

So, goals:

1. Calories fewer than 1300 daily.
2. 64 oz. fluids, at least.
3. Exercise 5 times.
4. Follow pie chart rules.
5. Take vitamins and supplements.
6. 4 servings of fruits/veggies daily.
7. Log everything and post daily.
8. Have a positive attitude!
Old 02-04-2013, 06:21 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, not only do I love the cartoon: I love the title of this thread!!!!!! As usual, great meal plan!!!

Cassie, I like your goals. I hope this week is easier. We gotta support you like you have supported all of us. Go Cassie!!! (me being your cheerleader)

Jenn, I think it's sensible to let go of the number for now. Good luck at the docs!!!

Joanna, new week, new start. Good luck with the blood sugar!!

Ama, sorry about the game but the food sounds great. I'm glad in a way that the Super Bowl spread my friends put out didn't tempt me. Unusual, I must say. Social eating can be so challenging.

Frenchhen! Good to see ya here!!!

Mike, hoping you stay.

As for me, this is gonna be a weird sort of disrupted week so I will do my best to be here. I will be checking in and out. My goals will be modest (and yet huge.)

Last edited by canary52; 02-04-2013 at 06:28 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.