Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 2-4-13  WE'VE GOT THIS! >

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 2-4-13 WE'VE GOT THIS!

Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 2-4-13 WE'VE GOT THIS!

Old 02-08-2013, 04:08 AM
FitDay Member

Jenn, ah, I thought you might be one of the "Nor'easter" people. Snow shoveling is for sure good exercise! Stay safe and warm in the winter storm. Big cozy cyberhug to ya! I hope you do get help with your snow shoveling if you need it. I used to earn a ton of money every snowfall shoveling snow for neighbors as a kid. We have a lot of kids on my street, but I guess they're not into that. DH is still able to do some and our adult son helps out, too.

Robin, that's wonderful news that you have a clean eating and cooking idea sharing neighbor!

Donna, you might want to ask your doc how much protein he/she recommends. Doesn't have to be meat--I also get a lot of protein from cheese, peanut butter, yogurt, protein shakes, my low carb black soybeans... I was good yesterday on protein, but went over in carbs, but I think the nutrition counts from the restaurant's online nutrition calculator (Subway, but I deducted for the bread I didn't eat) were way overstated. My tomatoes were paper thin, like three shreds of onion, also paper thin cucumbers, etc. I decided to just let my FitDay nutrition tracker have the numbers Subway told me--it's just numbers--my body will know how to react to what I put in it no matter what my numbers are. Vitamin D pills do expire. My husband can take OTC vitamin D3 and his has an expiration date on the side of the bottle.

I don't know how much exercise I'll be able to do today or tomorrow. I twisted my back as I was getting out of the car too fast yesterday. I'll be fine--not severely injured and don't need to see a doctor or get therapy. It just hurts and burns on one side.

Foodwise, I thought of something I should be doing that would help me keep from eating too many carbs in the evening: prepare my evening snack ahead of time. A lot of times when I eat too many evening carbs it's because I'm too lazy to do the prep work or cooking required for my snack-- or don't want to miss parts of a TV show to make something that takes more than a couple minutes to prepare. So then I too often grab something ready-made and more carby. I can still enjoy those yummy snacks I planned if I fix it earlier in the day and reheat if necessary.

My planned food today, not yet logged, is:

Breakfast: Carb Master Dairy Blend (like yogurt) with protein powder--not too bad--saw the tip elsewhere.

Lunch: turkey and spinach wrap on a low carb tortilla, side salad with ranch dressing

Dinner: DH getting himself fast food, so I'll just nuke some fish with Old Bay Seasoning and have some broccoli slaw and black soybeans

Snacks: celery stuffed with Laughing Cow cream cheese or peanut butter, protein shake, flaxmeal, tuna salad

Last edited by Mern; 02-08-2013 at 05:13 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Robingen
Ok I didn't know that there was a 4 hour limit on the 1/2 marathons. Interesting. Not convinced it would be a walk in the park though lol. I only did the mini-tri 300 m swim, 10 k bike, 3 k run, at 49 years old I don't expect to ever reach fitness for a full tri.
even a mini-tri sounds like it would be rough!

Well today isn't going well (food wise). I just have fried catfish, french fries and cole slaw. It was sooooo good but I over did it. I blame Hope! I haven't met up with her yet so it's not like she twisted my arm but Tori taught me how to master the blame game. If Hope is down here, enjoying some of this great Louisiana food, I felt obligated to do the same!

Next week, when I feel sick because I ate too much king cake... I'll blame Tori. We all know it's best to pre-log your food but when you're good enough to pre-log the blame, you know you were taught by the best!
Old 02-08-2013, 06:24 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Mern and Ama for pointing me to the right thread LOL, I'll get the hang of it!
Old 02-08-2013, 10:04 AM
FitDay Member

Jezzie, you're welcome--don't think there's anyone in our group who hasn't gotten confused at one time or another. I'm a champ in that department. We're glad you're here. Some of us who call ourselves "weekend warriors" will also log on in this thread Saturday and Sunday. I will. Then we'll see you in a new thread next Monday.

Mike, every time I see a king cake I think of you--but these are store bought, so I'm sure they're no where as near as yummy yours, but these are at least mighty colorful.

Last edited by Mern; 02-08-2013 at 10:15 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:11 AM
FitDay Member

I had real butter on my toast this morning.... that rarely happens... hmmm. Real butter = good food = Louisiana = New Awlins, which is close to Slidell = MIKE! It must be all your fault!

Seriously Mike and Hope, it's so great ya'll have a change to meet up! Have a great time!
Old 02-08-2013, 10:15 AM
FitDay Member

Mern! 219.5 - that is fantastic! About 7 lbs in just a few weeks? You are rocking this new makeover!
Old 02-08-2013, 10:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
even a mini-tri sounds like it would be rough!

Well today isn't going well (food wise). I just have fried catfish, french fries and cole slaw. It was sooooo good but I over did it. I blame Hope! I haven't met up with her yet so it's not like she twisted my arm but Tori taught me how to master the blame game. If Hope is down here, enjoying some of this great Louisiana food, I felt obligated to do the same!

Next week, when I feel sick because I ate too much king cake... I'll blame Tori. We all know it's best to pre-log your food but when you're good enough to pre-log the blame, you know you were taught by the best!
I am innocent. I had sushi for lunch. Some of it without rice, cooked but without rice. From Fresh Market y'all. Who comes down to NOLA and eats friggin sushi without rice? Moi, or as my friend Steven used to say moy. Ya gotta find someone else to blame, darlin.' (got my Southern on.) PLUS PLUS I been walkin til I'm ready to drop. Partying is hard work,y'all!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 10:40 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, next time have the catfish blackened, drop the fries. But hey I aint the food police cause who knows what I will be eatin? I'll tell what: it won't be King cake. That stuff is crazy sweeeeet. Tori, how could you do that to Mike? lol.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:43 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, what is this about 7 pounds!!!????!!! WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will someone give this woman a dancing banana? Mike, drop the cake; let's celebrate Mern!!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Mike, every time I see a king cake I think of you--but these are store bought, so I'm sure they're no where as near as yummy yours, but these are at least mighty colorful.
Mine are store bought, I don't think I have what it takes to make a king cake.

Originally Posted by canary52
I am innocent. I had sushi for lunch. Some of it without rice, cooked but without rice. From Fresh Market y'all. Who comes down to NOLA and eats friggin sushi without rice? Moi, or as my friend Steven used to say moy. Ya gotta find someone else to blame, darlin.' (got my Southern on.) PLUS PLUS I been walkin til I'm ready to drop. Partying is hard work,y'all!!!!!!!!!
Sushi!!!!!! Really?? Your diet is supposed to be on hold while here!

Mike, next time have the catfish blackened, drop the fries. But hey I aint the food police cause who knows what I will be eatin? I'll tell what: it won't be King cake. That stuff is crazy sweeeeet. Tori, how could you do that to Mike? lol.
She's mean like that.

Mern, what is this about 7 pounds!!!????!!! WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will someone give this woman a dancing banana? Mike, drop the cake; let's celebrate Mern!!!!!!!
woooo whooo! Go Mern!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.