Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 2-4-13  WE'VE GOT THIS! >

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 2-4-13 WE'VE GOT THIS!

Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 2-4-13 WE'VE GOT THIS!

Old 02-07-2013, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
So psyched!!! Tell me where and when!!! We're in the Quarter so we can get to Bourbon, Canal, etc. Your weekend sounds like it's gonna be fun!!! (maybe not as much for the DD lol.)
I can try to make it that way tomorrow afternoon (maybe 3ish)That would be my best chance. Did you get my PM with my #? Where are y'all staying? How long are y'all gonna be around for? Y'all should make it an extended vacation and hang around for the 1/2 marathon on the 24th!

Cassie, I just did 4.52 miles. It was like a torture chamber. I am so out of shape. Well not really, round is a shape. This extra 20 pounds I'm lugging around makes these walks harder.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:58 PM
FitDay Member

Mike are you walking or running? Outside or treadmill? I really would like to do some kind of challenge with you and hopefully soon. Are you running the 1/2 marathon or run/walk or walk? I've never done one and don't know what the options are. However, one of the main reasons I started fitday is to get some weight off so that I could move easier in the triathalon and beat last year's times.

Finally home for the night because I was able to work out some travel. So I will weigh in the am. Fingers crossed that the news is good!
Old 02-07-2013, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

Robin, right now I'm just walking, outside. No dreadmill for me. When not in pain I usually walk a 15 minute mile. Not too bad for a short, stubby guy I guess. I think the only requirement for the 1/2 is to finish it within 4 hours. I doubt that I'll be able to get under 3 hours this year. I usually walk/run. I can't run far before my heart is about to explode and jump out my chest (literally). About a 1/4 mile at a time is it for me. In the past I've tried to walk the first 1/2 mile to warm up and then jog a short distance, walk a nice stretch, then jog again. If you've done a triathlon, a 1/2 marathon should be a walk in the park.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:32 PM
FitDay Member

Looks like I will be getting my exercise by shovelling today. Winter storm here--supposed to get up to 25cm total (2.5cm=an inch).
Jenn
Old 02-07-2013, 11:40 PM
FitDay Member

Go easy Jenn on the shovelling! I hope you don't have too go too far today on the roads. We are supposed to get it tomorrow.

An unexpected twist in my bumming drives from people: I found this am that my neighbour has been into clean eating for years and she volunteered to be a clean eating buddy for me! We even swapped cooking ideas.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:43 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Robin, right now I'm just walking, outside. No dreadmill for me. When not in pain I usually walk a 15 minute mile. Not too bad for a short, stubby guy I guess. I think the only requirement for the 1/2 is to finish it within 4 hours. I doubt that I'll be able to get under 3 hours this year. I usually walk/run. I can't run far before my heart is about to explode and jump out my chest (literally). About a 1/4 mile at a time is it for me. In the past I've tried to walk the first 1/2 mile to warm up and then jog a short distance, walk a nice stretch, then jog again. If you've done a triathlon, a 1/2 marathon should be a walk in the park.

Ok I didn't know that there was a 4 hour limit on the 1/2 marathons. Interesting. Not convinced it would be a walk in the park though lol. I only did the mini-tri 300 m swim, 10 k bike, 3 k run, at 49 years old I don't expect to ever reach fitness for a full tri.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:40 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thurs. Report

• Cholesterol < 250mg: 582, 70, 98, 197
  • Workout > 45 mins x 2: Y, Y
  • Workout > 20 mins X 3: Y, Y
  • Calories < 1750: 1958, 1099, 1298, 1386
  • Sugar < (??? metric): N, N, N, ~
  • Eat Grapefruit: N, Y, Y, N
  • Be nice: Y, ~, Y, ~
Mern, I don't have any real restrictions regarding protein, I just never seem to eat enough of it. When I have my low calorie days (< 1200), and work out, I know I'm really at a deficit. I normally try to get at least 50 grams per day. I was good yesterday, a workout & 74 grams protein. But kinda bad wrt sugar.

My blood work last year did show that I was low in Vitamin D, so we're in that boat together. I've been trying to spend a little more time in the sun each day, but haven't bothered to find out if that is actually working. I sometimes think about taking the over-the-counter D pills I have, but usually don't get around to that either. [Shrug]

BTW, Does anyone know if Vitamin D tablets expire?

- Donna
Old 02-08-2013, 12:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dmartz

BTW, Does anyone know if Vitamin D tablets expire?
Donna - Thats funny you brought that up. I was digging in my spice cupboard last night and found a full bottle of D3 that expired a year ago. I was pretty bummed because I had been thinking about starting the supplements again. It got tossed because of the exp date. If you find anything out about expirations please pass on!
Old 02-08-2013, 12:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jjrudd
Looks like I will be getting my exercise by shovelling today. Winter storm here--supposed to get up to 25cm total (2.5cm=an inch).
Jenn
OMG!!! Where are you? I'll have to turn on the news and see who is getting inundated where. Great exercise though! But be careful!
Old 02-08-2013, 02:10 AM
FitDay Member

Looks like I won't be shovelling today, it's still coming down pretty heavy. According to weater network 2cm an hour. Don't worry I only shovel a little bit at a time (my Dad taught me that!) Sometimes we have people come along the street asking to shovel driveway so hopefully they will.
Ama I'm southern ontario-halfway between Detroit ad Buffalo. New England is supposed to be worse. My brother is currently in Boston for work (had to rebook flight for Sun)

Jenn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.