Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 2-4-13  WE'VE GOT THIS! >

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 2-4-13 WE'VE GOT THIS!

Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 2-4-13 WE'VE GOT THIS!

Old 02-07-2013, 03:50 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, I found the book in the reader store for my e-reader. From the reviews I read he starts off slow with exercise--how much is recommended?
I definetely need to find a way to up the veggies in my diet. The mindset is something I struggle with. I have to realize that even though I like to cook that food is fuel.

Jenn
Old 02-07-2013, 03:55 AM
FitDay Member

Well we did it. DH and I weren't sure exactly when where or how but we are in NOLA for Mardi Gras and a bit beyond!!!! So Mike if you would like to meet let me know!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 04:29 AM
FitDay Member

So cool Hope!!
Old 02-07-2013, 04:54 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
Well we did it. DH and I weren't sure exactly when where or how but we are in NOLA for Mardi Gras and a bit beyond!!!! So Mike if you would like to meet let me know!!!
Hell yeah!
Old 02-07-2013, 04:58 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I will, but tomorrow is another long day across town for me; will you take Friday, Saturday, and Sunday?
Yep, I'll take it all. I may try to walk later today and maybe tomorrow during the day. Tomorrow evening I have friends and family coming in so Saturday is out (looking like a crawfish boil during the day then a Balcony party on Borubon Street at night... I guess i'll be the DD). Who knows what Sunday has in store for me but I may be able to squeeze in a mile or two.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jjrudd
Mern, I found the book in the reader store for my e-reader. From the reviews I read he starts off slow with exercise--how much is recommended?
I definetely need to find a way to up the veggies in my diet. The mindset is something I struggle with. I have to realize that even though I like to cook that food is fuel.

Jenn
These exercise exerpts are from the paperback Diet Free for Life book.

page. 104

His recommendations depend on your level of fitness:

Beginners can take baby steps to work their way up to three 12 minute exercise sessions 3 times per day for 3 days per week. His examples: brisk walk in the morning, gym at lunch, pop in a DVD and work out at home in the evening.

There are various levels in between.

The most fit are encouraged to exercise 6 days a week, doing one 12 minute session 3 days a week and 30 minutes of more vigorous activity such as running or elliptical the other 3 days.

Chapter 10 has extensive info on his CircuFit program and a questionnaire to determine what's going to work for you based on your current fitness and exercise history. He says: "Keep it real and don't be so amtitious that you set yourself up for failure." You need to figure out how often and how long you can realistically exercise each week. " He provides a variety of weekly workout menus that range from 12-30 minutes which includes the warm up and cool
down.

Warm up at least 6 minutes before workout. If you have joint issues he strongly recommends warming up longer--up to 20 minutes. Everyone should cool down 5-10 munutes.

page 123 "If you find that you don't have the time to do 30 minutes on any given day, just 12 minutes of continuous activity will be enough to keep you on the fast track.

I just do the same stuff I always do--striving for 30 minutes five days a week including warm up and cool down--mostly my low impact cardio. Some days when I'm pressed for time I do 15 minutes in the morning or afternoon and 15 minutes in the evening. I started Robert Ferguson's eating principles January 17, modifying them to my lower carb needs (first program was very similar to this and co-authored by him) and even without changing to his exercise examples I have lost 6 1/2 lbs so far.

Last edited by Mern; 02-07-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:05 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, it's wonderful that you will be in NOLA! Wishing you, DH, and Mike a gret time together.

Mike looks like a wonderful weekend for you with the crawfish boil and balcony party on Bourbon Street! Wishing you a great time with Hope and her DH, too.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:06 AM
FitDay Member

So my Wednesday specific goals:

No fruit juice - Yes
No ranch dressing - Maybe - the salad dressing looked like avocado, but creamy so there could have been ranch in there...
1/2 a pastry only - with no frosting - Buffet did not include pastries!
No fried tortillas (if they serve the much loved tostada salad) - There were fried tortilla strips on the side of the chicken salad but I did not take any.
Limit portion sizes - Yes
Drink water all day - Yes

I did have 1 cookie. I was sitting right next to the buffet table and when the cookies came out after lunch they were in smelling distance, yes I caved... .
Old 02-07-2013, 09:06 AM
FitDay Member

Ama, you did a WONDERFUL job. You deserved one cookie. No kidding, girl--well done!
Old 02-07-2013, 10:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Hell yeah!
So psyched!!! Tell me where and when!!! We're in the Quarter so we can get to Bourbon, Canal, etc. Your weekend sounds like it's gonna be fun!!! (maybe not as much for the DD lol.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.