Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 2-4-13  WE'VE GOT THIS! >

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 2-4-13 WE'VE GOT THIS!

Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 2-4-13 WE'VE GOT THIS!

Old 02-05-2013, 12:35 AM
FitDay Member

I am in an exercise spurt right now, but sometimes I'm in a mode as below:

Old 02-05-2013, 12:41 AM
Super Moderator

^^
Old 02-05-2013, 02:13 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
Water at least 64 oz per day m
Walk 4 days this week m
Water class plus lap swimming on Wednesday
Add a fruit to my daily intake m

I applaud all of you who can just DRINK a smoothie! I have trouble just with the word "smoothie". It just doesn't sound like something you should drink!

I tried growing kale in my garden, and it is coming along. I hope to sautee with it. Also I got pretty excited when I saw my garden center had some early spring vegetables for sale. I picked up some rhubarb, and some early tomatoes. Besides being a superfood <do a shot> what other reasons are there to eat kale? Is it flavorful? Just curious.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
I am in an exercise spurt right now, but sometimes I'm in a mode as below:

If this were on Facebook, I would "like" and "share."

Hello, Weightlossboo. I do remember you. So glad to see you and you're welcome whenever you come.

Jenn, feel better!!!!

Darlene, what is that saying about it's not how many times we fall but how many times we get up. Please don't beat yourself up. We all slip.

The green drinks and smoothies sound interesting; I should try different ones. I have not been very adventurous in that regard.

Ama, the 75% plan sounds interesting, challenging. I know you can do this. You got this.

Cassie, I feel for you re the van. I can understand the sentimental value. Maybe think of it as making new memories?

Robin, congrats on meeting your goals for the day.

Last edited by canary52; 02-05-2013 at 03:30 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:25 AM
FitDay Member

Tuesday's pre-logged menu will give me a good food report if I stick to it.

Breakfast: scrambled zero cholesterol egg substitute with turkey sausage, protein square, coffee with non-dairy creamer and almond extract
Snack: protein shake
Lunch: Spinach and light Laughing cow cheese quesadilla
Snack: almonds and black soybeans with chili powder
Dinner: cod, sauteed cabbage, mixed veggies, raw green pepper or sliced cucumbers
Evening snacks: celery stuffed with chicken salad (with ranch dressing instead of mayo), another protein shake if needed.

I have to apologize to DH when he gets back from the store. I showed him the exercise cartoon I posted after deliberately scrolling down in such a way that he couldn't read my signature with all my high and low weights posted. Of course he can see how obese I am--I just don't like his knowing the horrid numbers. But after he saw the cartoons he starting scrolling down to read more stuff and I snapped at him that I told him numerous times my weight loss support group posts are off limits. His memory is not very good, so he probably just forgot I've asked him many times to not read my posts or NotePad compositions for our group that I have minimized because I'm not yet finished composing. You'd think after 41 years of marriage it wouldn't bother me, but there are still a few things I find too personal or embarrassing to share with him.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:29 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) stretch - PT
2) do the exercises the Marquis de PT gave me - yes see above
3) can I please drink a little more water!!! What is up with that!!! no
4) letting go does not mean giving up. So let go but.... Noyesnoyes - I had to
5) don't give up. Bitter is OK for some green vegetables, but not for me. - woke up bitter, went to sleep not as bad
I'm adding these:
6) plan meals
7) stay close to plan
8) lighten up, Francis (thanks to Anne LaMott for inspiration)

I'm adding planning meals because I believe this helped me achieve a mini goal - even through poker (a diet nightmare) dinner out (Mern, Indian food is very interesting) and the Super Bowl. I am now 128 (!!!!!!??????!!!!) for the first time in 15 years. True, I was sad and stressed and didn't eat as much yesterday (new for me because I ususally comfort eat.) But in total, since my actual start of FD, I have lost 18 pounds. I am hoping to get to the last three by my birthday - April 26th.

Plan:
egg whites and sausage or ham (local or no nitrite)
turkey breast sandwich
fish and veg
Snacks:
nuts
dried kale
fruit
lox

Mern, I am sure DH understands it's a touchy subject. 41 years of marriage!!! And I thought my 30 was a lot!!! I often joke that it is like a "life sentence without parole." Don't think DH loves that joke...
Old 02-05-2013, 02:37 AM
Super Moderator

Hope, I didn't know you were on FB. I have one but don't use it too much. I think there are probably a lot of folks on here I'm missing; I only have a couple. I am so proud of you for seeing 128!! Congrats!

Mern, I totally had the same thing happen to me with my husband, so I understand where you are coming from. Not that he doesn't know my thought processes, feelings, stats, food plans, etc., but somehow the day I left it up on the desktop and he read it while on hold on the phone felt wrong to me and I got upset as well. But we moved on and I'm sure you all will, too.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:34 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, I'm glad you couldn't trade in our group, either, despite the site's struggling to make improvements. Aw, I empathize with you on signing over the title of the van--so many memories attached to cars we've used for many years with the kids. I forgot--do you already have a new car for yourself or are you getting a new one soon? Super Monday report! Yep, you've got this! I have a Facebook account but rarely use it--mostly if friends tell me they posted pictures. Thanks for sharing your similar feelings about spouses reading our posts. It meant a lot to me that you understand my feelings--I view it the same as snooping in someone's diary or opening their personal mail from friends without permission. I made my apology to DH and then calmly explained to him again that I don't like his reading my posts, but THIS time added that it's a huge embarrassment to me that he reads my weight loss stats and private thoughts to my "weight loss buddies" even though my obesity is staring him right in the face on a daily basis. He said in an understanding voice, "OK" like he has so many times in the past. I'll just have to quit minimizing my post compositions and save them on NotePad on my hard drive to a place where he won't have easy access to them. He doesn't know how to do anything on the hard drive--just on the Internet. I'll also take my username and password off the description below my FitDay desktop icon and when I want him to see a shared cartoon, I'll show it to him from the cartoon's original website address, not from our motivational group. I can be in control of this situation if I'm diligent enough.

Darlene, kudos for starting fresh yesterday after bombing this weekend. If you had time to read the weekend posts, you'll see you were not alone. I sabotaged myself, too and my scale confirmed it, but I'm with you on the fresh start. I'm up a pound and a half from 2/1, so I'm going to finally acknowledge it in my signature. BUT WE CAN DO THIS!

Boo, welcome back! Being refocused and feeling more positive is a headstart on losing those 20 lbs. again and keeping it off. I have at least that much to lose all over again. Yeah, pop in as much as you can and we'll be here for you. Kudos on the wonderful goals you have! You have a fitastic week, too.

Jenn, my heart goes out to you on the sinus pressure. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Best wishes on your nice goals, too. Can you eat something before you go to the Valentine's concert and tote a protein bar or something in your purse that you could eat there to keep you away from the sweets being served?

Frenchhen, you don't have to put green stuff in your smoothie. Some people whir yogurt, milk, and fruit (like banana, blueberries, strawberries) until smooth like a milkshake. Adding a little protein powder is also nice. Your garden sounds great! I LOVE the taste of kale either raw or cooked. The flavor is somewhat strong--some say it's an acquired taste.

Hope, OMG!!!!! MAJOR KUDOS on the 128!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!! I got the exercise cartoon from my mindset makeover's Facebook page. I got an empathetic kick out of how you worded your goals this week. I'll bet you WILL lose those last three lbs. by April 26! What a nice birthday gift to yourself! LOL on our menus again today: both with eggs and sausage for breakfast and fish for dinner. Kudos on your 30 years of marriage. "Life sentence without parole." Hee Hee Hee

Last edited by Mern; 02-05-2013 at 03:46 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:53 AM
FitDay Member

So... I weighed in this morning. It wasn't pretty and I got pretty dang upset about it. But it did make me really think back about last week and realize that even with all the low blood sugars (which I fully realize are out of my control) I did eat a lot of unnecessary food. I don't know that I deserved to see quite the high number that I got, but what are you gonna do? I do think that this kind of thing is part of the reason why I like weighing in daily - maybe I could have realized just how off the rails I was going and caught it earlier before I was up 45 million pounds from last week. I'm trying really hard to not be discouraged and extra pissed right now. Basically, despite all my workouts I've been doing for the past 6 weeks, I've gotten nowhere, and it's really pissing me off. Really. A lot.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:05 AM
Super Moderator

Hope, awesome job on the 128!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.