Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 2-4-13  WE'VE GOT THIS! >

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 2-4-13 WE'VE GOT THIS!

Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 2-4-13 WE'VE GOT THIS!

Old 02-04-2013, 02:03 PM
FitDay Member

Ama I like your 75% goal actually - to me it just meant that of everything you eat, 75% percent of it is real food. I guess that could mean 75% or # of foods, or total calories etc. But to me it is a way of guestimating that you are on track with eating real food. I would like to do this, and have been thinking about it, but no commitment to the idea so far. I agree with Mern that it is a reasonable goal. 100 % real food would take a while to achieve if ever and, is it even necessary. So thanks Ama for your thoughts on this.

Caissie maybe someday a discussion of not putting yourself first? Seems like a familiar and common problem for us here. Putting everything else first, being a Mom, work etc. That lifestyle of sacrificing our own needs is constantly reinforced. And then we get sick. My 2 cents. And my struggle also.

Well onward with the battle. Met all my goals today.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:13 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:
Walk Twice: M=N
Calories less than 1500: M= 1470
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: -658
No sugar: M=N
Old 02-04-2013, 02:31 PM
FitDay Member

One thing I love about this group is that we are all interested in how others are doing even if they have a different way of eating or different goals. And I think it's great we strive to understand each other's reports and reasons for or different ways to achieve goals we don't have ourselves. That's why even though I found a specific support group for my 21-Day Mindset Makeover (from the Diet Free For Life book) I got a username and password just to lurk there to find answers to questions about that eating lifestyle. I get all the support I need in our motivational group here.

Robin, big gentle cyberhug to ya! I do hope you feel better soon. I think many of us were reared with the idea that it is a woman's duty to put herself last in order of priority all the time, and that just doesn't always work out best.

Closing down the kitchen after a protein shake that follows this post. My day was unusually busy and I didn't get in any exercise. I didn't take time to eat this morning before having to leave the house at 10AM. (DUH! It would have taken only a minute or so to mix up a protein shake and take it WITH ME!) Next chance I got to eat was after 1PM in the parking lot of my granddaughter's high school, at which time I was happy to think of the fact that I had a package of low carb tortillas among the groceries in the back of my car, so that was brunch. When I got home, though, I ate the fillings I'd have put in it. I spaced the rest of my meals and snacks pretty well, so my food report is good anyway, except for the fact that I'm supposed to eat my first meal 30-60 minutes after arising.

Monday Report:

Day 8 of 21-Day Mindset Makeover

Green = goal met Red = missed goal Blue = could still meet my target for an average

Calorie range 1200-1800 1317
Follow 21 Day Mindset Makeover guidelines for meal and snack content and spacing, calories, fat, etc. with my health management tweaks. B+
Saturated fat AVERAGE of 10% or less of total calories 11%
Net carb limit AVERAGE 25g (total carbs less fiber) 17g
Dietary fiber AVERAGE minimum 25g 28g
Cholesterol DAILY 250mg or less 232mg
Protein minimum DAILY 100g (plan is has unlimited protein) 123g
Water 64 oz. Don't think so
Exercise 5 days NO

Last edited by Mern; 02-04-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:42 PM
FitDay Member

Darlene, nice calories and deficit. You're kinda quiet. Are you OK? Blessings to you, too.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

Robin, I feel for you. I have had my priorities straight before, and believe me, it feels so much better physically and emotionally when I do. You can get there and so can I. Congrats on meeting your goals today.

Ama, thanks for the explanation of it being based on the number of foods. Makes sense now. Maybe I'll try to calculate what my percentage is. Gotta love Triscuits when I get the crunchy munchies...three ingredients .

Mern, I agree. FitDay is great; there are some things I could probably get better on another site, but I couldn't trade in this group. Glad you could snag a tortilla and get the rest of things to fall in line.

Good to see you, Darlene. Hope all is well.

Well, I am a little sad tonight. Hubby just brought me the papers to sign over the title of my van to do a (minimal) trade in for the boy's car (that is a weird, weird phrase for me to write). I took him to pre-K in that van, taught him to drive in it, and every baseball, soccer, and tennis game and match in between. Every road trip, every school function...it's like losing a member of the family .
Old 02-04-2013, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

1. Calories fewer than 1300 daily. 1161
2. 64 oz. fluids, at least. Yes
3. Exercise 5 times.
4. Follow pie chart rules. Yes
5. Take vitamins and supplements. Yes
6. 4 servings of fruits/veggies daily. Yes
7. Log everything and post daily. Yes
8. Have a positive attitude! Mostly yes
Old 02-04-2013, 05:11 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Mern and CassieThanks for the concern I bombed this weekend but instead of walking away which seems to be my eating pattern lately I figured I would just start again today. I am just bummed with myself right now I know how to do this but I seem to be sabotaging myself.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:06 PM
FitDay Member

Hello, I'm back again for anyone who remembers me.
Still plugging away, but seem to be losing the same 20lbs over and over for the past 2 years as my heart just hasn't been in it. I won't say that this time I vow not to slip up, but I'm a lot more focused and feel more positive. I won't promise to post everyday, as it won't happen, but I'll try pop in and say Hi often. It's great to see familiar and new faces!

I guess some goals for myself this week are to complete my food diary for my nutritional assessment next Tuesday, and to just keep going, go to every planned gym class, walk more, drink plenty of iced water, and smile!!!!!

Have a fitastic week everyone.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:31 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone. I'm behind on making goals for the week. Had sinus pressure again yesterday (along with headache) so I didn't really feel like eating much anyway. I didn't exercise either.

Goals (starting Tues)
1. 4 fruits/veggies
2. Drink 6 glasses of water
3. Exercise 3X

Personal goals
1. Work on writing
2. Clean kitchen

I'm going to a Valentine's concert at church Sat night--there will be sweets (probably cake) so I'm going to need to have willpower to obstain. I think the fact that I have to get on a scale in 5 days will be incentive!!

Jenn
Old 02-05-2013, 12:27 AM
Super Moderator

Hi there, Boo! Welcome back; it's good to see you. A lot of us have been on and off the wagon. Your goals sound great.

Darlene, you definitely aren't alone. I keep self-sabotaging, too, and I'm still trying to figure that out. Maybe journaling would help?

Jenn, hope you feel better today. Sinus headaches are no fun!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.