Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 2-4-13  WE'VE GOT THIS! >

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 2-4-13 WE'VE GOT THIS!

Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 2-4-13 WE'VE GOT THIS!

Old 02-06-2013, 07:34 AM
FitDay Member

It's like a ghost town in here. Everyone must be really busy.

I'm on track with everything but water--will drink up before it gets too late.

I hope y'all are doing well, too.

Big cyberhugs all around.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:04 AM
FitDay Member

No exercise today and water hasn't been so great. Went to visit a friend in the hospital this afternoon. I will be over on carbs since I had pear this afternoon and dinner was just thrown together. I do see where there are probably places where I could improve a little.

Thanks for the info on the book. I did email the dietician and she said that it isn't all about the scale--that improved energy is good too. But she did get my frustration. My BP is better too. She said we will discuss all of my concerns when I go in March.

Jenn
Old 02-06-2013, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator

yes, it is a ghost town. I went to the gym and had a really good, but short workout. Tomorrow I'm going to attempt to put in more miles. Who wants to put in some with me?
Old 02-06-2013, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
yes, it is a ghost town. I went to the gym and had a really good, but short workout. Tomorrow I'm going to attempt to put in more miles. Who wants to put in some with me?
I will, but tomorrow is another long day across town for me; will you take Friday, Saturday, and Sunday?
Old 02-06-2013, 01:00 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Mern

I am here. No real news though. Got some healthy food for staying with the adult kids, they were happy about that. I usually weigh daily (I am one of those people who needs the daily accountability) but there are no scales here so I am going a few days between weigh ins. We are yet again dealing with extreme cold, -31 forecast right now so no outdoors activities for this girl. Mike, if I can reserve my response to your challenge as soon as my vision is restored, YOU'RE on. I would be happy to have a walking competition. Are you walking outdoors or treadmill? No guarantee that I can do it in time for your half marathon, that's really soon. I still have high hopes of doing a (mini) triathlon in the spring so I getting antsy to get in the pool.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:43 PM
FitDay Member

Water at least 64 oz per day m,t,w
Walk 4 days this week m
Water class plus lap swimming on Wednesday w
Add a fruit to my daily intake m,t,

I wanted to eat an additional fruit today, but all in all, I am not hungry! So, I am going to pass on that today.

So happy to read the information on the ratios Mern. Thank you for sharing them.

Mike, I'll put in two miles with you tomorrow!

Robingen, I weigh each day too. It keeps me sane. I wonder if shivering is listed as an activity in fitday? -31 whew!
Old 02-06-2013, 11:22 PM
FitDay Member

Wednesday Report:

Day 10 of 21-Day Mindset Makeover

Gotta work on my water. Monday I was really busy and didn't make time to exercise; Tuesday I WATCHED an exercise video--doesn't count for much but I am back on exercise, doing it well yesterday. Ah, a taste of redemption.

Green = goal met Red = missed goal Blue = could still meet my target for an average

Calorie range 1200-1800 1317, 1523, 1228
Follow 21 Day Mindset Makeover guidelines for meal and snack content and spacing, calories, fat, etc. with my health management tweaks. B+ YES, YES
Saturated fat AVERAGE of 10% or less of total calories 11%, 10%, 10%
Net carb limit AVERAGE 25g (total carbs less fiber) 17g, 24g, 25g
Dietary fiber AVERAGE minimum 25g 28g, 33g, 43g
Cholesterol DAILY 250mg or less 232mg, 248mg, 193mg
Protein minimum DAILY 100g (plan is has unlimited protein) 123g, 114g, 110g
Water 64 oz. Don't think so, NO, NO AGAIN
Exercise 5 days NO, NO, YES
Old 02-06-2013, 11:59 PM
FitDay Member

Default Wed. Report

• Cholesterol < 250mg: 582, 70, 98
  • Workout > 45 mins x 2: Y
  • Workout > 20 mins X 3: Y, Y
  • Calories < 1750: 1958, 1099, 1298
  • Sugar < (??? metric): N, N, N
  • Eat Grapefruit: N, Y, Y
  • Be nice: Y, ~, Y
Short workout in am, longer in evening. Trying to burn off Monday's crab dinner. Good thing I didn't list protein in my goals this week, but I did have 53 grams yesterday ...
Old 02-07-2013, 12:15 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, Just read your note about 'Diet Free For Life.' I was nodding all along until I got to the last line re: CHEESE. A half ounce of cheese?

I love Swiss, which a think would fall under the catagory of more fat than protein. A 1/2 ounce of swiss would be barely distinguishable on a plate! Why bother?! I'd rather give up Swiss altogether, than eat just a tease. That's how binges are born.

And I'm not sure about waiting a hour before sleep after eating, either. Is that like the old canard about the risk of drowning if you eat before going for a dip in the pool?

Donna
Old 02-07-2013, 12:27 AM
FitDay Member

Jenn, best wishes for your hospitalized friend. Stuff happens--sometimes despite our best intentions we must stray from our plans. It is important to do as you did--see where we could improve a little. Sure, improved energy is good, too, but it does get frustrating sometimes. Kudos on your blood pressure improvement. Wishing you a very productive March appointment with the dietitian.

Mike, I hope your pain level has lessened. Kudos on the short workout you were able to do. I'll just pledge my two miles today--that'll be good, but not longer. Best wishes on the upcoming half marathon.

Cassie, wow, nice committment to Mike for the exercise this weekend! Way to go!

Robin, great that you got in some healthful food for your stay. I weigh almost daily,too, because I need the encouragement, but don't let myself get frustrated over the day-to-day scale fluctuations. I go more by whether a gain or loss has stuck for two or more days. OMG, I hope you stay warm with the approaching -31! Is your vision improving at all yet? Wow, I'm impressed by your mini-triathlon in the spring!

Frenchhen, nice report! I don't get fruit in every day, either, but a nurse told me I can get the same nutrients found in fruit from veggies as well, so I don't worry about it. I get in a lot of veggies on a daily basis. You're welcome. There is more detail in the Diet Free for Life book about the serving sizes of various foods, but I do find the the ratios themselves helpful. The author considers most low carb (he calls them slow carb) veggie servings as one cup cooked, but I eat so many veggies I don't feel the need to have such large portions unless I'm eating only one veggie for a certain meal. There are different portion sizes for meats--lower fat cooked meats/fish like chicken breast and tilapia fish are 4 ounce servings, but meats/fish such as pork and salmon are 3 ounce servings.

Donna, nice reports this week! I think you told us before but I forgot--do your blood tests show too high protein in your blood or do you have to restrict protein because of kidney damage or is it both reasons? What causes your protein to be too high--like do you absorb more protein than most people? (I have the opposite problem with vitamin D--have to take prescription for vitamin D--a time release mega does once a week because my body won't absorb over-the-counter vitamin D.) Kudos on the workouts! I have to do low carb to manage blood sugar and low fat to lose weight and help manage cholesterol. If I had to do low protein, too, the only thing I could do would be to eat under 1200 calories per day. I'll take my restrictions over yours any day and count them as blessings. My sincere best wishes to you, Donna.

Last edited by Mern; 02-07-2013 at 12:38 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.