Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 2-4-13  WE'VE GOT THIS! >

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 2-4-13 WE'VE GOT THIS!

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 2-4-13 WE'VE GOT THIS!

Old 02-04-2013, 06:25 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) stretch
2) do the exercises the Marquis de PT gave me
3) can I please drink a little more water!!! What is up with that!!!
4) letting go does not mean giving up. So let go but....
5) don't give up. Bitter is OK for some green vegetables, but not for me.

Last edited by canary52; 02-05-2013 at 02:08 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:41 AM
FitDay Member

Anyone know if Great Value sucralose NoCalorie Sweetener is heat stable as is Splenda, so retains it's sweetness in cooking? It comes in a yellow box like Splenda.

Cassie, best wishes with your goals this week. Wishing you a more even-keeled week so you can get that monkey off your back and give yourself the priority you deserve. Aw, I hope your vertigo clears quickly. "Are you NUTS?," she asks the psychologist. Almost a relief to see Monday! Doesn't seem "normal." LOL I was tickled today to notice that the Ole Xtreme Wellness High Fiber Low Carb Tortillas went back to a more healthful formula. The new one is 90 calories, 5 fat calories but they say zero grams of fat on the label, zero cholesterol, 35omg sodium (that's reduced, too) 14g total carbs less 9g fiber = 5 net carbs, protein 5g (up from 4g.) The formula must be changed, but comparing my last package with the new one, I don't see any changes in the ingredients or in what order they're listed. I can say this, though--they're yummy and pliable, but I also thought that about the original recipe that they changed that resulted in nutrition facts you and I didn't appreciate. So they have redeemed themselves to me. I intend to email them my thanks as followup to my complaint of several months ago. Your smoothie sounds delish. I wouldn't mind a prominent taste of spinach in a smoothie, either, as I love spinach cooked or raw. Eye exam went just fine, thanks. I really like the mindset program so far. It has a fantastic online support forum and also a facebook page. I signed up for both just to get answers to questions through their postings, FAQ, and newsletter. Don't have time to post with FitDay and them, too--I get all the support I need from our motivational group here. I don't have any questions to which I didn't find answers.

Joanna, I'm sorry to report that I also had a really bad binge last night, too. I went nuts on sweets after giving my unsolicited blessing to group memebers who were under the weather or having Superbowl parties. I was in neither category but didn't even try to curb my desire for sweets--had 2 servings of chocolate pudding, regular store bought carb laden protein bars, and a snack cake. I had only a 1 lb. net loss last week, but it's a heck of a lot better than nothing. Wishing you steady blood sugar!

Ama, hi! I hope your modification to do "real food" 75% of the time makes it easier for you. I'm going to modify my sat fat goal to an AVERAGE of 10% of total calories and my fiber to an AVERAGE of 25g. Makes it seem it seem more like an eating lifestyle than a diet, doesn't it? So glad you enjoyed the potluck and please don't beat yourself up with guilt. Isn't worth it! Those two lbs. will melt away soon. It's dreary and cold in Ohio.

Mike, congrats on your loss and what you DID do to earn it.

Hope, glad you enjoyed the cartoon. I don't know who it was (maybe Cassie) who used the "I've got this" or "You've got this" last week, but it seemed to be contageous, so I thought I'd squeeze it into this week as well. Best wishes on your disrupted week and "modest (and yet huge)" goals this week.

Last edited by Mern; 02-04-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:44 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Ama, hope you have a great week, too. I was thinking about you last night and hope you didn't take the loss too hard. We were very excited here in my house!
Hahaha! I thought of you also Cassie! So glad ya'll had an exciting evening! We all drowned our sorrow in martini's and brew... Who knows, maybe the Raiders will make a come back next year and we can get excited about the SB again! LOL!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

Ama, thanks for the reminder about eating clean. I didn't include it in my goals, but I will amend it when I do my report.

I have a question for you or anyone else who uses this goal, though. I often hear people give a percentage, like your 75% clean...and I never understood if this is an estimate, or if it is by calories, or what. How do you interpret that?

Mern, so glad your eye appointment was okay. And thank you for letting me know about the tortillas. I had not looked at them since the change but I will check them out again now. I will also send a note; I really try to make a point to let people/companies know when they do well and make me happy, instead of just complaining. I know it's crazy to be thankful for Monday. This weekend my in-laws were here (not a bad thing, just busy), my son had district honor band (15 hours of rehearsal Friday night to Sunday AM and concert Sunday afternoon). We found a used car for him (took forever Sat), then Sat night it developed problems with the engine and is now back at the dealer for repair since yesterday, since the deal is final. I am crossing my fingers that all will work out. No work got done, nothing around the house got done; I am playing mad catch up today! But I am doing it at a normal pace instead of a frenetic one.

Hope, the way you wrote your goals out gave me quite a chuckle! I wish you well with them this week. Thanks for the cheer of support.

Last edited by cjohnson728; 02-04-2013 at 09:03 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:01 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Monday everyone. For all of us who binged in the past week (this includes my cheezie binge) let's dust off and a new week starts.

I am still not exercising (besides yoga) and I am now facing the daily struggle of finding a drive to work lol, not easy. Hubby drove me to a hair appt today, waited for me, and then took me to work, I can see him getting sick of this real quick. So this is my daily priority right now. That said though I am sticking to the same goals I have had all along:

1. cals 1200-1400
2. 1 green tea a day
3. Make a healthy lunch.

Weight loss is bound to be slower until I am back to working out. This whole thing is teaching me a lot about my need to be in control and letting go and asking for help.

Caissie- you drank a cold green smoothie! And sounds like you liked it. I am not convinced that it is an adequate meal replacement myself. Good for breakfast, and or a snack. And for me it reduces my cal intake the rest of the day. But replacing lunch or supper, no not enough for me.

Good thing you like the taste of spinach. I did some reading and either banana or pineapple are the best at hiding the "green" taste. That being said there is still some green taste, I don't think it can be entirely hidden. I have been experimenting on my own and todays smoothie was delicious: 2c spinach 1/2 banana, 1/4 cup each pineapple, melon and frozen peaches. Also, I blend the spinach (or kale or whatever) alone in the blender first with water and then add the fruit.

Best wishes to everyone to get back on track or stay on track.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the tips, Robin! Yes, I did like it, and I didn't have to go out today in the cold and damp...the cold was the thing that was putting me off about it.

I added the spinach last, so next time I'll do it first. I think it got finer than Mern's "clippings," but probably not as fine as it would get if I had a real blender . I have a lot of bananas here a little past ripeness, so I'll do one of those tomorrow. I will say, hitting my fruit and veggie goal is easy peasy with smoothies!
Old 02-04-2013, 09:57 AM
FitDay Member

it's good to BE Back! I need the accountability of having to report in to you. I keep lying to myself about what I am eating. Lucky for me I have you! Thank you all for being here. Personal shout outs to come in the morning, off to yoga for now.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:22 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, when I agreed that Ama's goal of 75% real food was reasonable, I just took it to mean it was a hard goal to stick to 100% of the time, so her avoiding packaged foods with more than 5 ingredients 75% of the time is more doable and worth a YES or Y or whatever in her daily reports. I think most businesses do appreciate the feedback. I'm pretty sure if no one had complained about the new Xtreme Wellness Low Carb Tortillas being less healthful they wouldn't have changed the formula back again to something more healthful. I just thought it was odd the person who replied to us the first time said the issue was pliability--I didn't have any problem with that at all. I see you really did have a busy weekend. OMG on the 15 hours of rehearsal for district honor band! Aw, I hope DS's car problem is resolved. Glad you can do your catch up work at a normal pace. I forgot, what do you use in place of a blender? Luckily my "clippings" are just for kale so far. My spinach smoothies come out a little gritty in my food processor, but it's fine with me--still am able to drink it rather than needing to eat it with a spoon as I must do if I use kale.

Robin, nice simple goals. Great attitude in letting this ordeal teach you control and allowing yourself to ask for help. Wishing you well on your temporary vision loss.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:44 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie - The 75% is a number I came up with so that I could increase use of real foods while not depriving myself of everything. So the way I have figured it... out of all the food items I eat during the day at least 75% of the items should have less than 5 ingredients. For example, if I eat 10 different foods throughout the day, and if only 2-3 of them have more than 5 ingredients I would still count that as a Y. Soy milk for example has about 11 ingredients, but I put it in my coffee every morning, so I can still do that and not go red on my goal. Hummus (store bought) has 9 ingredients. Peanut butter has about 7. I hope to slowly replace these foods with brands that have less ingredients, make my own, or learn to live without them. But for now the 75% goal seems to be a challenge that I can actually meet... somedays .

But now you have me rethinking my own (convoluted) goal... maybe I should just allow only 2-3 food items per day that have over 5 ingredients, and ditch the percentage... hmmm. Soy milk, peanut butter, and a chocolate square for dessert would be the sins of choice most days!
Old 02-04-2013, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

Cassie, I'll finish this week. Mondays always suck for me but youve got me Tuesday on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.