Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 2-4-13  WE'VE GOT THIS! >

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 2-4-13 WE'VE GOT THIS!

Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 2-4-13 WE'VE GOT THIS!

Old 02-08-2013, 12:09 PM
FitDay Member

Wowee Mern 7 pounds you are my Idol today
Old 02-08-2013, 12:11 PM
FitDay Member

Okay Weekend Warriors we got this! Whoever is on this weekend let's get 'er done! What are your food and exercise plans for this weekend?
Old 02-08-2013, 12:46 PM
FitDay Member

Ama, Hope, Mike, Robin, thanks for all the congrats and for the dancing banana. Actually it's 6 1/2 lbs. but heck, I'll round up to that 7 lb. loss. That's counting from January 17 when I started the metabolism makeover and then switched to the mindset makeover by the same author.

Robin, I'll be here this weekend with you. I'm not going to exercise tomorrow--back still giving me spasms from twisting it while I exited the car too fast yesterday, but I'll eat clean and do everything else the way I should.

Mike and Hope, wishing you a great time in NOLA!
Old 02-09-2013, 12:35 AM
FitDay Member

Careful with your back Mern! Go easy so it doesn't get worse.

Today I am getting Jenn's snowstorm. You can hardly see outside for blowing snow. This is awesome, I don't have to go anywhere so it's a rest day, and thankfully it is warming up from our (4th?5th?) last cold spell. Supposed to be -1C tomorrow which is around 30F I believe. We have a generator and plowing equipment, lots of groceries- all set!

Mern I am going to make sweet potato fries in the actifry today! I never tried it before so I hope they turn out good. I am so amazed by how you are doing on this new program. What do you think is really making the biggest difference?
Old 02-09-2013, 02:37 AM
FitDay Member

Mmm sweet potato fries sound good!
Take care of that back, Mern!

Driveway is dug out around car and car is cleaned off. I actually had to use two hands to hold on to the brush to clean it off. *#*!! snowplow pushed snow from apartment buildng across the road so I now have a big mound at end of driveway. You know the slushy stuff that hardens. A neighbour is going to come and help me shovel.
30 min activity so far today.
Jenn
Old 02-09-2013, 03:04 AM
Super Moderator

Default Nola

Thanks Mern.

I know we use a lot of acronyms. In case anyone is wonder what NOLA is, it's New Orleans, La. I don't even remember people calling it NOLA until after Hurricane Katrina, if they didn't, it wasn't popular. Now we have a NOLA38 news station, NOLA grill restaurant, Keep NOLA clean billboards, NOLA this, NOLA that, it's everywhere.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

Robin, I'm glad you were all prepared for the snow storm, complete with food, a generator and plowing equipment. Thanks for your well wishes for my back. Feels the same as yesterday, so it's good it's not worse. Sweet potato fries sound yummy. The ONLY thing I'm doing different in my new program is eating a "fat-burning" meal or snack every two-three hours. I'm eating the same foods I always eat--just combining the protein, fat, and carbs of meals and snacks according to the author's guidelines to help burn the fat, except that I have to adapt it to the carb limits my doc and I agreed upon to keep my blood sugar normal without meds.

Jenn, thanks for your well wishes for my back, too. Best wishes getting out of your driveway and staying warm and safe in the snowstorm! Kudos on the exercise.

Jezzie, if you are here, hello and best wishes today.

Today's planned menu:

Breakfast: mushroom, spinach, and black soybean omelet
Lunch: chicken salad on a low carb tortilla, sweet and sour cucumbers
Dinner: ground turkey patty with barbecue sauce, brussels sprouts, broccoli slaw
Snacks: almonds, protein shake with flaxmeal, celery stuffed with leftover chicken salad, low fat cheese

Last edited by Mern; 02-09-2013 at 03:33 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:15 AM
FitDay Member

Beef Stew in crockpot for supper. Mom wants biscuits but I think I will make red cabbage slaw with apple for myself. I think there are recipes for cooking the cabbage.

Jenn
Old 02-09-2013, 07:30 AM
FitDay Member

Jenn, beef stew sounds so yummy, especially in this cold weather! I'll bet your house smells wonderful. The red cabbage slaw sounds great, too. Kudos on a better choice than the biscuits for yourself.

I made a quick barbecue sauce for the ground turkey patty I'm having tonight tonight by taking low carb spaghetti sauce and adding to taste Worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, Liquid Smoke, and a just a wee bit of artificial sweetener.

DH is having another fast food fish sandwich and leftover homemade low carb chicken noodle soup tonight, so I don't have to cook. Hooray!
Old 02-09-2013, 08:01 AM
FitDay Member

Jenn enjoy the stew.

My first attempt at sweet potato fries in the actifry went great!

Mern I am always amazed at your cooking ingenuity, and inspired! You definitely are keeping eating health from being boring.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.