Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 1/28/13

Old 01-27-2013, 11:37 PM
FitDay Member

Default 7-Day Motivational Thread for 1/28/13

I guess I'll start us off for this week!

I weighed in at 162.8 this morning, for a weekly loss of 1.8 lbs. I was ridiculously nervous getting on the scale! I'm pleased with the result overall. I mean, I would have liked to hit 2 lbs, but I'd prepared myself for just a pound lost, so it was good. I think I'm going to do another week without the scale again.

Here are my goals:
1.) Drink 64 oz water/day
2.) Some form of workout 6 days
3.) Under 1400 calories/day
4.) Finish ASTRO 534 HW by Wed PM
5.) Finish PHYS 479 HW by Fri
Old 01-28-2013, 12:32 AM
FitDay Member

Default What's for Breakfast?

After read a recommendation last week to 'make sure cereal has more than five grams of fiber and less than one gram of sugar,' I'm wondering what I can eat for breakfast. My usual default, raisin bran and yoplait is two out of two on the offenders list, and the other cereal in my cabinet is not much better.

So let's start an informal poll: What's your favorite healthy breakfast food?

(My goals will be the same as last week. I'll post them w/Monday results Tues. a.m.)

- Donna
Old 01-28-2013, 02:06 AM
FitDay Member

Donna I eat spoon size Shredded Wheat--no sugar, no salt and 6grams of fibre. I had to look through all the cereals before I found one. I used to eat Harvest Crunch until I saw how much sugar it was!

Mern, my Dr appointment is Feb. 14. My weight is currently 273 but I wanted to be 270. My goal weight is 200. They had something on the news about diabetes risk for people who take statins so I have to ask about that too (I take it to protect kidneys).

Shovelled slushy snow this morning for 15min so I have half of my exercise in for today already 123 CALORIES BURNED!! (just looked it up)

Jenn

Last edited by jjrudd; 01-28-2013 at 02:34 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:14 AM
Super Moderator

Good morning ladies. This morning I weighed in at 194.8

I just talked to sis (Tori) and she said she was trying to post goals but keeps getting kicked out. Anyone else still having issues?
Old 01-28-2013, 02:19 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Good morning ladies. This morning I weighed in at 194.8

I just talked to sis (Tori) and she said she was trying to post goals but keeps getting kicked out. Anyone else still having issues?
Well look at what the Jassi Cat dragged in!

Tell Tori to go to last week's thread toward the end; I copied Paul's suggestions for clearing, etc. in there. That may get her in till they get it fixed.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:24 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) plan meals (seems to be working)
2) stick to plan or reasonable substitutes
3) water, gotta do it, 6 glasses c'mon
4) stretch
5) meditate (also working)
6) practice Spanish
7) write 5 days this week
8) do not get discouraged (health, writing, family, etc.)

Hello fellow motivators!!! Yucky day out but trying to keep spirits high. I got faked out by my scale. Got on today and it said I was the lowest I've been in 15 years (130). And then got on again (why did I do that?) and it was up a pound from that, which is still good. These five or six pounds are my "white whale." I got this.

That's what I want you all to say to yourselves too. I got this. Jenn, those three pounds by Feb 14: you got this. Joanna, you're so accomplished; you got this. Donna, you're sticking with your goals shows they're good ones. You got this.

We got this, right!! Sorry if I seem like an insane cheerleader but I have to go to my knee surgeon tomorrow and I am NOT psyched but trying to get into a positive place.

Breakfasts: lately egg whites and no nitrite ham, eggs (as omelets or with or without no nitrite bacon- turkey or pork- or chicken or turkey sausage.) But I am also adding almond milk shakes, oatmeal or sugar free or low sugar muesli (Familia) with almond or soy milk. I get bored, not gonna lie. Sometimes I buy sugar free goat or sheep milk yogurt (sounds yucky, I know but it's not bad) and add stevia and flavorings (chocolate and coffee are favorites) I get from the health food store. If you can do cows milk yogurt (I can't) I say get some Brown Cow or other good brand unsweetened and do your own thing, even if it's adding maple syrup, honey, stevia, whatever. I also think there's antoehr thread on this (breakfasts) but I might be mistaken.

Plan for today:
egg whites and no nitrite ham
1/2 chicken sandwich
DH's chicken and zucchini with peppers and onions
Snacks:
blueberries
clementines
dried kale
no nitrite trukey bologna
goat cheese

Last edited by canary52; 01-28-2013 at 02:35 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:32 AM
FitDay Member

GOALS
the usual

1. Drink 6 glasses of water
2. Keep within carb/protein limit
3. Exercise 5X 30min
4. 4 fruits/veggies
5. Log
6. Don't focus on number on scale

Jenn
Old 01-28-2013, 02:37 AM
Super Moderator

Okay, Hope, I got this.

Thanks for making me say it. I just this morning told someone else that about a hurdle they were facing. And now I'm saying it again to myself and to all of you...You. Got. This. Or "youse," or "y'all;" you know who you are.

Mike, the wagon is waiting for you. Buckle down and saddle up and don't make us come after you.

Jenn, I agree...you can get there! Focus, grasshopper....

Donna, I usually eat a high-fiber English muffin for breakfast, a Greek yogurt, banana with a bit of peanut butter, or a slice of homemade wheat bread with a smear of peanut butter. This morning it was a homemade granola bar, which probably wasn't enough fiber or protein but I couldn't resist . If I'm late out the door, I just have some almonds. I'm not much of a morning eater either, but I have learned the hard way that for me personally, to not eat anything is totally shooting myself in the foot the rest of the day.

Joanna, congrats on your 1.8! That extra .2 will happen today, I'm sure, so don't sweat it. Keep up the great work .
Old 01-28-2013, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

Donna, my husband eats Fiber One cereal. The nutrition facts say a 1/2 cup serving has 14g fiber and zero sugar.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:11 AM
FitDay Member

Got a new eating lifestyle book Saturday. The plan I followed for the past 10 days (21-Day Metabolism Makeover) was good and I had a net loss of 3.5 lbs., but the book was out of my price range, even used. I'm switching to the 21 Day Mindset Makeover from the Diet-Free for Life book by Robert Ferguson who co-authored the other plan. It's basically the same program with a few newer tweaks but will be easier for me to follow with having a copy of the more affordable book. I have to adapt it, though, to my need to manage my blood sugar without meds. My tweaks will be sticking to the sat fat, cholesterol and carb limits my doc and I agreed upon.

This week's goals:

Calorie range 1200-1800
Follow 21 Day Mindset Makeover guidelines for meal and snack content and spacing, calories, fat, etc. with my health management tweaks
Saturated fat 10% or less of total calories
Cholesterol 250mg or less
Protein minimum 100g (plan is has unlimited protein)
Net carb limit (total carbs less fiber) 25g
Dietary fiber minimum 25g
Water 64 oz.
Snack 30-40 minutes before workout and meal or snack within an hour after exercise
Exercise 5 days

Today's planned menu:
Breakfast: a protein powder serving divided between flaxmeal as "cereal" and a peanut butter and low carb tortilla wrap
Snack: don't know yet
Lunch: deli ham chef salad
Snack: protein shake
Dinner: veggie omelet, strawberries
Evening snack: textured veggie protein "rice" pudding

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.