Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 1/28/13

Old 01-28-2013, 03:10 PM
FitDay Member

Plan for tomorrow:
Ezkiel English muffin and Tofutti cream cheese
chef salad
yellowfin tuna, Asian veg and brown rice OR squash ravioli and shrimp (eating out)
Snacks:
clementine
apple
tangerine
kale
roasted soy nuts
sf biscotti

how i did today:

Plan for today:
egg whites and no nitrite ham - yes
1/2 chicken sandwich -yes
DH's chicken and zucchini with peppers and onions -too much
Snacks:
blueberries -yes
clementines -one
dried kale - yes
no nitrite trukey bologna -no
goat cheese -no

1/2 slice vegan lemon pie made with coconut and walnuts and agave syrup
Old 01-28-2013, 03:12 PM
FitDay Member

For today:
1.) Drink 64 oz water/day: M - Y
2.) Some form of workout 6 days: M - Y
3.) Under 1400 calories/day: M - N
4.) Finish ASTRO 534 HW by Wed PM: In progress
5.) Finish PHYS 479 HW by Fri: In progress

Went over on calories today - probably ate just under what I burned. I was just feeling so munchy, and I couldn't convince myself to not make popcorn, and when I make popcorn, well, it's not a particularly healthy snack. And then I was just like, whatever, I'll just eat everything in sight. Ah well, could have been worse!
Old 01-28-2013, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

1) Lose 2 pounds
2) Eat better (more fruits and veggies, less junk)- I ate better (not a lot of veggies though)
3) Lift 3 times- 0
4) walk 10 miles- 0
5) Drink more water- no

I wasn't expecting to workout or walk today because Mondays are hectic but I should have done better with water.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:24 PM
FitDay Member

Tuesday planned menu:
Breakfast: veggie omelet topped with 1/2 ounce Laughing Cow Cheese
Snack: almonds
Lunch: tuna salad on a bed of fresh spinach, sweet & sour cucumbers
Snack: protein shake
Dinner: low carb meat loaf, sauteed green beans, low carb pasta with mushrooms
Snack: textured veggie protein "rice" pudding

Mike, way to go on eating eating better.

Joanna, great job on probably eating just under what you burned. Better than the other way around. Isn't popcorn pretty healthful if you don't put salt and butter on it? But I'd guess it would taste akin to styrofoam packing peanuts. LOL

Hope, questions:

1. When you report on how well you stuck to your menu, is that because you feel you didn't do well if you deviated from what you planned or do you do that in lieu of logging in the nutrition tracker? Just wondering because in my plan the author strongly recommends pre-planning but gives his blessing to change our minds as long we stay within the plan's dietary guidelines.

2. Does tofutti cream cheese taste like Philadelphia Cream Cheese?

I use Hormel or Boar's Head no preservative ham and also no nitrite bacon. Your menu tomorrow looks yummy! I LOVE squash ravioli and boiled or grilled shrimp, but not breaded or deep fried shrimp. Does your DH cook the chicken and zucchini with peppers and onions? That sounds delicious.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

1. Calories under 1300 daily. 1301...geez!
2. Log everything; post update daily. Yes
3. Stick to my pie chart rules. Yes
4. Take vitamins and supplements daily. Yes
5. Eat clean and use portion control. Fair to good
6. 4 fruits/veggies per day. Yes
7. 64 oz. fluids daily. Yes
8. Exercise 6 times. One

Just put some steel-cut oats in the slow cooker so they'll be ready for breakfast. I haven't tried that before...we'll see how it goes. Sweet dreams, everyone
Old 01-28-2013, 11:39 PM
FitDay Member

GOALS
the usual

1. Drink 6 glasses of water only 5
2. Keep within carb/protein limit 140/65 (a little over) screen kept freezing when I was trying to log foods (no problem with forums) so I added it up manually.
3. Exercise 5X 30min yes
4. 4 fruits/veggies 2.5
5. Log yes
6. Don't focus on number on scale hmm trying

Jenn
Old 01-28-2013, 11:56 PM
FitDay Member

Default Monday Report

• Cholesterol < 250 mg/day: 106
  • Exercise > 30 mins x 3: 45m,
  • Vegetables > 3 servings/day: N
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 54
  • Calories < 1750 / day: 1430
  • Less Sugar: ~
Old 01-29-2013, 12:21 AM
FitDay Member

Mern - yes, popcorn can be a good snack, but not when I make it! For one, it was waaay too much popcorn for one person, and then I did put butter and salt - a lot of it! And also nutritional yeast, which totally makes it nutritional, right? Not likely And in the end, I think I did eat more calories than I burned. And all the carbs I ate earned me a high blood sugar this morning, naturally. It's funny, actually, 'cause it's been days since I've had a high blood sugar, what with working out and all, so I'm feeling it a bit more than usual - you know, tired, kind of dehydrated. What's crazy is - I used to live like this all the time. Back before I got my crap together a few years ago, my blood sugars were ALWAYS like this - and somehow I thought I was fully functional! I'm so glad I'm not there anymore.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:59 AM
FitDay Member

Default Sugar induced rant

I've got a rant I'd like to get off my chest. I know Fitday has had a lot of issues lately with their server systems administration, but once they have this resolved, I hope they will address another shortcoming they've had for a while - They should update the Nutrition Facts label in the food log section to match the one mandated by the FDA.

Where does it differ? Fitday does not have the entry that specifies Sugar. The Sugar item was added to the Fed regulations for food labeling in 2006 - I looked it up. ( See Nutrition Labeling of Food: “Sugars” - US Code of Fed Regs, Title 21, Sect. 101.9(c)(6)(II) ) The USDA database has contained this data for several years, (since ~ 2008, I believe.)

So, I'm hoping that Fitday can update their db so this can be logged and tracked like other nutrition components, in the near future. This would be a big help to people who would like to quantify their sugar intake in their journal.

I've read comments in the past that with some nebulous mentions that this may be forthcoming, but never any assurances that work on adding 'Sugar' to the Food Log was underway. Can anyone confirm or deny rumors of the impending introduction of Sugar to the food log?

- Donna Martz

P.S. The USDA What's In The Foods You Eat Search Tool may be of interest to some.

Last edited by dmartz; 01-29-2013 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Preferably someone from Fitday could comment on this?
Old 01-29-2013, 02:03 AM
FitDay Member

Byardley, welcome to our group. Edited in later: Oops welcomed this person to our group by mistake unless he/she is lurking. I accidentally picked up the name from a thread on another forum.

Cassie, one calorie over goal is something to crow about. LOL Nice report! I hope you had a great night of sleep and enjoyed the oats this morning.

Donna, Mike and Jenn, I'm rooting for you to eat more veggies today.

Jenn, congrats on the water you DID drink and on your exercise and logging. I had trouble with the nutrition tracker yesterday and I don't think it was my computer. It was freezing on me, too, and sometimes would revert back to whatever page of the website I was on previously.

Donna, nice report! I was going to suggest you copy your post about tracking sugar to the Forum Feedback and Support, but I see you already did that. Best wishes.

Joanna, LOL on the yeast popcorn. Can you taste the nutritional yeast? You've come a long way in learning how to control your blood sugar. Kudos on that. I think the deal with feeling fine with high blood sugar is that we don't realize how much better we could feel with normal blood sugar until we get there. It reminds me of when I asked my eye doctor for computer glasses as bifocals with no prescription on top and a reading prescription on the bottom so I could read from a paper and type it into the computer. He gave me a prescription for the top of the bifocals, too, and until then I thought my computer monitor was supposed to look slightly fuzzy. Controlled blood sugar is our "new normal."

Last edited by Mern; 01-29-2013 at 10:05 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.