Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 1/28/13

Old 01-29-2013, 01:56 PM
FitDay Member

Checking in and coming around a bit. I have an auto-immune disorder that has been generally inactive for a couple of years but it was triggered by extreme cold last week (we had almost a week of average -35C with the wind chill). I actually did not know that I could be triggered by this cold and was running around in the cold, doing my same old same old (work, gym, groceries, etc). Well, lesson learned.

I am doing fine with my goals: staying within cal limits, drinking at least one green tea a day etc. Just no exercise was it Krystal who said she broke her ankle? We'll be sitting around the next few days. My sympathies.

Mike, about Chloe, my dog is a 12 year old Shepherd/Husky mix with bad hips. She just goes and goes when we go out then she pays afterward because she can hardly move around. We give her Glucosamine and it works very well. She appears almost pain free as long as she gets it everyday. I just buy it at the drugstore, and put it in peanut butter. I give it to the neighbour's dog too.

Hope good news/bad news on your knee, no surgery but torn ligaments are painful.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:06 PM
FitDay Member

Default Monday & Tuesday Update

Health/Fitness

1--Under 1800 calories--Higher than I was previously doing, but I've come to the conclusion that it's just going to take longer to get these last 20-30 pounds off. I've just got to step up my exercise. Speaking of which.....~~M: 1715 T: 1513
2--EXERCISE!!!--I haven't been doing this in months. No wonder I've stalled, then started to slowly gain a little back. I've tried the treadmill....I just can't force myself to walk on it. It's so freaking boring....and yes, I've tried watching tv, listening to an audio book, it's BORING!!!! I'm gonna have to break out some of my old DVDs and warm them back up. I'm shooting for 3 nights this week.~~M: no T: nope
3--Water--my nemesis.......M: eeehhh T: lil better today

Home/Life

1--See The Jassi Cat no fewer than 4 times this week--Going between the two different households is starting to wear on me, but I can't take it out on her by not going by.~~M: yep T: yeah
DONE!!!2--Organize the cabinets--My OCD is really starting to rear it's ugly head, and the cabinets are driving me batty!!!~~M: nah T: DONE!
3--Start working on the pillowcases--I've had an embroidery pattern for weeks, haven't done anything with it.~~M: no T: uh uh.....probably this weekend

Haven't had a chance to catch up with everyone, other than skimming....will do my best to do better on that tomorrow, but I did see that Ama hates the treadmill as much as I do. I'm not sure "hate" is a strong enough word for how much I dislike that machine.....loathe is a good word.

Oh, and DARLENE!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey

Last edited by ToriD1012; 01-29-2013 at 03:43 PM. Reason: finished Home/Life goal #2
Old 01-29-2013, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

1. Calories under 1300 daily. 1301...geez! 1298
2. Log everything; post update daily. Yes, Yes
3. Stick to my pie chart rules. Yes, Yes
4. Take vitamins and supplements daily. Yes, yes
5. Eat clean and use portion control. Fair to good, Same today
6. 4 fruits/veggies per day. Yes, Yes
7. 64 oz. fluids daily. Yes, Yes
8. Exercise 6 times. One
Old 01-29-2013, 05:08 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone another late night sorry no time to read but I will sit down tomorrow and read all the posts!

Tori Hi!!

Goals:
Walk Twice: M=N, T=N
Calories less than 1500: M=1098, T=1307
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M= -976, T= -767
No sugar: M=Y, T=(hmm had a bran muffin so probably=N)
Old 01-29-2013, 10:09 PM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Report
Day 2 of 21 Day Mindset Makeover

Calorie range 1200-1800 1404, 1212
Follow 21 Day Mindset Makeover guidelines for meal and snack content and spacing, calories, fat, etc. with my health management tweaks. B+, YES
Saturated fat 10% or less of total calories 14%, 7%
Cholesterol 250mg or less 155mg, 140mg
Protein minimum 100g (plan is has unlimited protein) 110g, 115g
Net carb limit average 25g (total carbs less fiber) 27g, 25g
Dietary fiber minimum 25g 40g, 21g
Water 64 oz. YES, YES
Exercise 5 days YES, NO

I pre-planned my menu but haven't pre-logged to figure out my portion sizes.

Wednesday menu:

Breakfast: Carb Master dairy blend (like yogurt) with flaxmeal

Snack: cucumber slices spread with egg salad

Lunch: homemade chicken "low digestible carb" noodle soup, half a cheese and spinach quesadilla

Pre-workout snack: peanut butter and whey protein tortilla rollup

Dinner: pork chop, mashed cauliflower, green beans, broccoli slaw

Evening snack: skinless chicken breast and protein shake

Last edited by Mern; 01-29-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:48 PM
FitDay Member

So many of you mentioned yesterday about being so busy and being up late at night. Wishing all of you busy pals the refreshment of sleep.

Cassie, best wishes on managing your busy work load and getting enough sleep. Wow, you have to be working really hard in your nutrition tracker to achieve such good food intake and pie chart goal adherance! Way to go! You must be a very skilled number juggler!

Krystal, so sorry about your ankle injury! Wishing you a speedy recovery! Best wishes on the outcome of the Colorado interview as well. Nice goals! Aw, thanks for your encouragement, sweetie. And I know you have it in you to keep moving forward as well, but I hope you pamper yourself a bit while you're nursing your ankle.

Joanna, so sorry you're still getting kicked off the forum! Hope you got a good night sleep.

Darlene, wishing you some quality free time and good sleep.

Hope, I think YOUR menus are amazing. I wish I didn't have to log every bite of food that goes into my mouth--it's a pain in the butt and takes so much of my time. I intend some day to be at a much more healthful weight and be able to do those side by side reports like you do. You inspire me so. Your report for yesterday looked quite admirable. LOL on the absence of the tangerine. Thanks for your answer about the Tofutti cream cheese. I looked at the nutrition facts at the store yesterday and it doesn't fit into my current food intake guidelines. To low carb my meatloaf I use textured veggie protein in place of breadcrumbs or crackers and crushed tomatoes or plain tomato sauce in place of catsup/ketchup. My faux rice pudding is made with textured veggie protein, zero cholesterol egg substitute, whey protein powder, and nutmeg. LOL on your Applegate Farms stuff. My Hormel Natural Choices is like that--"good stuff for um ya know bad stuff like cold cuts." Thanks for sharing the basic ingredients for your DH's chicken, onions and peppers dish. I might try that sometime.

Robin, wishing you a speedy recovery from this flare-up of your disorder. Big cyberhug to ya!

Tori, good report on your food. What baby steps can you tell us you're willing to take to get back to some formal exercise? How about even some jumping jacks and jogging in place in your living room while watching TV until you decide on what your more formal routine will be? Come on girl, give us something.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:50 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) plan meals (seems to be working) - yes, yes
2) stick to plan or reasonable substitutes - ish, yes
3) water, gotta do it, 6 glasses c'mon - yup, no
4) stretch -yes, yes
5) meditate (also working) -yes, yes small 5 minutes, had to run out to doctor
6) practice Spanish - no, no
7) write 5 days this week - yes breakthrough!!! class
8) do not get discouraged (health, writing, family, etc.)- trying, yes

Robin, so sorry to hear of your flare up. I hope you feel better. It's amazing how much weather affects health, especially chronic illness.

More later. I'm on deadline AND I have to go for an MRI.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:05 AM
FitDay Member

For yesterday:
1.) Drink 64 oz water/day: M - Y, T - Y
2.) Some form of workout 6 days: M - Y, T - Y
3.) Under 1400 calories/day: M - N, T - Y
4.) Finish ASTRO 534 HW by Wed PM: Will be done in time
5.) Finish PHYS 479 HW by Fri: In progress

Okay, so there's yesterday. I spent all day yesterday in front of my computer, coding up homework. I accidentally turned off my alarm this morning, so I won't be making it to my class that starts... now, haha. Oh well.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

Good Tues reports Hope and Joanna!
Mern I think I'll try the egg salad and cucumber for snack (out of cucumber right now but for future reference!).

I know that there are a lot of people like me who struggle with the water. I have now started drinking one first thing when I get up in the morning. That way I've already started with one!
Jenn
Old 01-30-2013, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

Tori you deserve Mike's dancing banana for cleaning out cupboards!! Will you come and do mine??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.