Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7-Day Motivational Thread for 1/28/13 >

7-Day Motivational Thread for 1/28/13

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 1/28/13

Old 01-28-2013, 03:23 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, congrats on figuring out your new plan of attack. I daresay many people in general could benefit from a "mindset makeover," myself included! I know yours is more detailed than just the mindset, and I am eager to see how it works for you.

Goals for the week pretty much the same

1. Calories under 1300 daily.
2. Log everything; post update daily.
3. Stick to my pie chart rules
4. Take vitamins and supplements daily.
5. Eat clean and use portion control.
6. 4 fruits/veggies per day.
7. 64 oz. fluids daily.
8. Exercise 6 times.

As the wise woman said, I got this.

Gotta fly and get my W-2s to the post office. I hate tax stuff but fortunately that's hubby's field .
Old 01-28-2013, 03:25 AM
FitDay Member

I'm here! I'll post goals this evening after work.

Donna--my go to breakfast is lowfat cottage cheese. Sometimes with fresh fruit or granola and sometimes (like today) plain. It seems to work for me
Old 01-28-2013, 03:41 AM
FitDay Member

Aw right , Mern, 3.5 pounds!!!! Woot woot!!! Wherre is the dancing banana?

Cassie, thanks for picking up the battle cry!!!

Tori, so good to see you here. Now can you get Mike onboard? You better post some goals, Mister.

Cassie reminded me of other breakfasts: Ezkiel muffins with either a couple of slices of cheese or my Tofutti cream cheese or pb. Apple with pb, sometimes with raisins, really yummy.

Good goals, y'all. Youse?
Old 01-28-2013, 03:54 AM
FitDay Member

Joanna! Well done! Congrats on your weight loss. Best wishes on your food, fitness, and studies goals this week.

Donna, my favorite breakfast is a zero cholesterol egg substitute veggie omelet. Two servings of the egg substitute gives me 10g protein and no added sugar.

Jenn, thanks for telling me when your next dr. appointment is. You and I have a lot in common with the blood sugar and cholesterol issues and both being over 200 lbs. I forgot--do you also have high triglycerides? Kudos on the snow shoveling--certainly IS calorie burning exercise, especially when it's slushy snow. I'm rooting for you to reach your mini goal by Feb. 14. Keep thinking positive thoughts.

Mike, so what is your plan to attack your scale number? The only issue I had today was that as I was posting in the reply box my reply diasppeared and the page reverted to displaying the previous posts.

Hope, I think your scale must be a sister of my scale. If I get on mine three times in a row I get three different numbers--not kidding. I go by the highest of the three numbers to err on the side of conservatism. My doctor's scale consistently registers three pounds lower than my scale. I go by my own scale on FitDay, but keep in the back of my mind, when I'm discouraged that the doc's scale says I weigh three pounds less. YUM on your menu! I love cheese--any kind. On my new eating plan, though, I can count cheese as a protein if there are more grams of protein than fat--if so I am can have a whole ounce as a serving. But if there are more fat grams, I have to count it as a fat and can have only 1/2 ounce which means just using it as a flavoring. I used a half ounce on TOP of my omelet yesterday rather than IN the omelet and I could still taste it, so I guess I can adapt to that new guideline.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:55 AM
Super Moderator

Hope, this made me think of you. Not because you need to take it as a lesson, but because you champion this and fight it better than anyone I know:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
mindful.jpg (71.7 KB, 7 views)
Old 01-28-2013, 04:09 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, a Woot woot is just as much appreciated as a dancing banana. Thanks!

I think even better grammar is "youse guys." Must be because that's how the teenage and young twenty-something wait staff always address us in Ohio restaurants. LOL
Old 01-28-2013, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Hope, I think your scale must be a sister of my scale. If I get on mine three times in a row I get three different numbers--not kidding. I go by the highest of the three numbers to err on the side of conservatism. My doctor's scale consistently registers three pounds lower than my scale. I go by my own scale on FitDay, but keep in the back of my mind, when I'm discouraged that the doc's scale says I weigh three pounds less. YUM on your menu! I love cheese--any kind. On my new eating plan, though, I can count cheese as a protein if there are more grams of protein than fat--if so I am can have a whole ounce as a serving. But if there are more fat grams, I have to count it as a fat and can have only 1/2 ounce which means just using it as a flavoring. I used a half ounce on TOP of my omelet yesterday rather than IN the omelet and I could still taste it, so I guess I can adapt to that new guideline.
Yes Mern you and I are sisters inthe demented scale category.LOL. Cheese as a sort of "condiment." I like that. Like Joanna, I love me my cheese. But with allergies and such I have to restrict. Good approach.

Glad you aprreciate the woots; they are heartfelt.

Cassie, thank you so much for that. I have a friend who says what you put out is what you attract. So I try to be positive, try sometimes being the operative word!!! But I can bear witness that the positive attitude works. You're pretty good on that score yourself, girl. Excellent, in fact.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:41 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, I found my print out of my last Dr visit (Oct.23) with GP. Triglycerides are 2.70, should be less than 2.30. All my other numbers are normal except for A1C which was 7.1 (as a percent). The only numbers they are really concerned about is protein (for kidney Dr) and A1C. They would like it to be less than 7.

Jenn
Old 01-28-2013, 04:44 AM
FitDay Member

I fell off from posting end of last week – between the heavy work load and the log-in errors on FD I kind of gave it up! Unfortunately I am up a few lbs from last week… errr. I mentally allow a 3 lb range, but I have hit the ceiling to time to get back to it! I got this!!!

Similar goals for this week. I am really trying to cut back on “ingredients” in an attempt to eat real. This is proving really tough! I made pasta and there were 14 ingredients listed on the label . The coffee creamer I use at work every day has more ingredients than I am even going to attempt to count (so I am drinking black coffee at work now). And the Smart Butter DH and I usually buy has a laundry list of stuff in it, also too much to count.

At least DH and I are starting our garden early this year, and we have been drinking smoothies for breakfast every morning (re Donna ) so we are plowing through fruit and veggies at breakneck speed!

Daily vitamin:
Nothing out of a box, can, bag, bottle or package that has more than 5 ingredients listed on the label:
Drink lots of H2O:
Be mindful of portion sizes:
Exercise 3x this week:

It sounds like we are off to a great start this week! Happy Monday to everyone!
Old 01-28-2013, 06:17 AM
Super Moderator

Unfortunately I believe I've lost my walking partner, Chloe'. We went out for a walk a few days ago. I planed on knocking out 6 miles. As soon as we got out the car, I noticed she had a slight limp. After about a mile it had cleared up. A couple miles in, I started to jog, my poor girl was lagging behind, so that didn't last long. We stopped several times so I could give her water, the temps were around 70*. Around the 1/2 way point, she was panting heavily so I stopped at a gas station and grabbed us a big bottle of water. Yes, I said us.

Soon after that I could tell she was whipped, head hanging low, tongue hanging out. I found a nice shaded spot and let her lay down to catch her breath for a little while. We start headed back towards the car, which is a couple miles away, and her limp has gotten much worse. We go about another 100 yards and I call it quits for my baby. As much as I didn't want to have to make that call, I called my GF to have her come pick Chloe' up. She sits down and puts her front left leg up. She sets it back down and lets out a yelp. So we sat and waited for her to show. Once she got there, I put her in the car and I continued my walk without my trusted partner.

I make it home she's walking with three legs with her front left leg up. I wrapped it and must have had the bandage a little snug because her foot started to swell up. I take off the bandage and she hopped around for the rest of the day. The following day she seems like she back to normal.

Last year the vet told me she had the beginning signs of arthritis. It looks like it caught up to her. The heat breaking thing is she LOVES to walk. I'm going to see about changing her food, if that seems to help I may start walking with her again. I will just have to limit her to short distances.

Originally Posted by Mern
Mike, so what is your plan to attack your scale number? The only issue I had today was that as I was posting in the reply box my reply diasppeared and the page reverted to displaying the previous posts.
That would require me getting my head out my ass. I guess I need to do that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.