Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 1/28/13

Old 02-03-2013, 11:05 AM
FitDay Member

Today was much better, started with a spinach smoothie. Managed to stay within cal limits today and to drink 1 cup of green tea. Thanks to Mern for being my support and inspiration over my cheezie binge. I wish I could say it was because I felt bad but I think it's because they were in the house.

The med would be steroids Mern but I have avoided them so far. But I try to avoid all meds if possible. But still I'll take them if I have to. We'll see - one day at a time. My husband is working overnight and when he gets home he will drive me to work. It's majorally inconvenient to not be able to drive. I don't know how people can manage never having a license. I live in the country - no public transport and a taxi would be um probably 100 dollars.

Hope, Hope, you are doing great! Don't let a couple of days get you down. Glad you have met someone who might help. Whatever that means. I am so inspired by your menus.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Robingen
Thanks to Mern for being my support and inspiration over my cheezie binge. I wish I could say it was because I felt bad but I think it's because they were in the house.
Dang, girl! Just take advantage of the benefit of the doubt and allow us to think the cheezie binge WAS from feeling bad. Kudos on the calorie restraint and on the green smoothie and green tea. All those are something to crow about. I am like you--avoid meds as much as possible, but will accept them if needed. My old doctor wanted to put me on statin medication for high cholesterol and when she would not respect my wish for help without meds, I switched doctors. Apparently my new doctor is more educated because she helped me get both my cholesterol and blood sugar down to normal without meds. I've heard of steroids being used for eyes, but am not familiar with it. Thanks for clarifying that. I hope your vision clears before you have to use the steroids you'd rather be able to do without. Aw, what a nice DH will drive you to work. I don't understand how people can get along without driving either. The nearest public bus line to me is about four miles--long walk. I count my blessings that I don't work outside the home and that I have my own car. We have one taxi service, but I've never had to use it. We don't have school busses, either, so I have to drive my three grandchildren I supervise at my own home to and from two different schools. Next year I'll have one in high school, one in middle school, and one in elementary school. No school busses for high school students at all. Some kids younger than in high school have busses if they're being picked up from their own home which is more than two miles from school. (We are 1.4 miles from the elementary school and 1.8 miles from the middle and high schools.) They will not pick the children up from a sitters, a relative's home, a friend's home, a day care center no matter what the distance. Child care providers who have children of their own who are eligible and who want to ride the bus must drive the other children they take care of to school. Crazy, isn't it?
Old 02-03-2013, 12:46 PM
FitDay Member

OMG Mern that is wild about the buses, holy. My kids rode the bus and it is less that 1/4 mile. They were supposed to be within walking distance but due to the logging trucks and such on the road, the bus picked them up. My neighbour's kid got hit walking by a logging truck (he's ok - this was like 20 years ago). I've never heard of such challenges with bussing. Wow.

My nearest public bus is about 30 miles away lol. Too lazy to walk that
Old 02-08-2013, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

Well, I'm back for some more inspiration Was away on a business trip all week so was off the tracking & not being so good but the scale tells me 207.6 this morning so only up one pound, to me that's pretty good LOL Now back to tracking!
Old 02-08-2013, 03:33 AM
FitDay Member

Jezzie, welcome home and back to our thread.

We start a new thread every Monday and are currently posting on the one started 2/4. Hope to see you there.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Jezzie8
Well, I'm back for some more inspiration Was away on a business trip all week so was off the tracking & not being so good but the scale tells me 207.6 this morning so only up one pound, to me that's pretty good LOL Now back to tracking!
Hi Jezzie! I am glad that you are back! It is certainly hard to be gone and still stay on the wagon - been there!

The 7 day thread started new on Monday, so this one ended last Sunday. Go to Motivation and Support and look for the 7-Day Motivational Thread with the date of Feb 4. Next Monday it starts all over again with a new thread (so we don't end up with a million pages ). See you there!