Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7-Day Motivational Thread for 1/28/13 >

7-Day Motivational Thread for 1/28/13

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 1/28/13

Old 02-02-2013, 04:37 AM
FitDay Member

Ah, here you are Look forward to showing some progress along with sharing this experience with others who have the same struggles!
Old 02-02-2013, 07:57 AM
FitDay Member

Ama, your reports this week have been spectacular! Keep up the good work! So sorry to learn that DS's eye infection is not cleared up. Ouch, also sorry about your loss of wages. I CONGRATULATE you for your restraint at Red Lobster. You are right it could have been much worse. I did the same thing but for breakfast today. I knew I'd be over in my nutrition tracker at the end of the day with a larger than usual breakfast, BUT I substituted zero cholesterol egg substitute in my restaurant omelet; substituted pineapple and cantaloupe for the hash brown potatoes; and brought home my bread for DH to eat later. Kudos on your control and restraint! If I just had a salad for dinner I'd probably binge eat later this evening. I COULD make my nutrition tracker numbers better today, but decided to just eat a normal, sensible, dinner that usually fits well into my way of eating. I think my body will be OK with it as I don't eat that kind of breakfast every day. Enjoy your chocolate. I put some chocolate in my homemade protein bars today and will enjoy that for a healthful snack later.

Robin, are you saying your eyesight impairment is just temporary? Does something swelled up press on your optic nerve or something? OMG, you are so sweet about the exercise. I go through spurts where I either love or dislike exercise and I must confess right now I'm trying to find something that works as effectively with a shorter exercise period--like the equivalent of 30 minutes aerobic walking in 18 minutes of cardio bootcamp. Best wishes for finding exercise you are able to do and enjoy. Wishing you as comfortable a weekend as possible.

Mike, thanks for your encouragement. I think my FitDay low is 207 lbs. , but I'm soon to hit a lower "decade" I haven't live in for a while when I get down to 219.5.

Joanna, you are the exercise SUPERSTAR this week! Great example for the rest of us. Have fun at the Superbowl party and go ahead and enjoy the food. If you do happen to indulge too much in the food, don't beat yourself up over it tomorrow--the Superbowl is just once a year. You're getting close again to your lowest weight. Keep up the good work! And, my goodness--major kudos on your 29.2 lb. loss!!!!

Donna, I forgot AGAIN--when is your next blood cholesterol test at the doctor's office? I'm hoping that with all the hard work on curbing your dietary cholesterol intake that you'll reap the rewards with way lower cholesterol. Really nice job on your calories! As always, thanks for your encouragement.

Jezzie, welcome to our group! We start a new thread each Monday, so be sure to look for the next one that starts with February 4. Looking foward to sharing the journey with you as well.

Last edited by Mern; 02-02-2013 at 08:05 AM.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Robingen
Wow Ama, this eye infection has been an ordeal.............wishing a speedy recovery. Hard to keep the routines up when everything is out of whack. It's hard at the restaurant but sounds like you are salvaging your day.
DS is doing much better - thanks for the well wishes! I did not do so great last night... green salad turned into a PB&J... I really need to get back on track!

What is up with your eyesight? Temporary... that's good news?! Are you on some meds that interfere with your vision? I hope it does not last too long for you. I hope you are enjoying your weekend Robin!
Old 02-02-2013, 09:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
BUT I substituted zero cholesterol egg substitute in my restaurant omelet; substituted pineapple and cantaloupe for the hash brown potatoes; and brought home my bread for DH to eat later.
You are the Queen of restraint! I would have come up with any and every excuse in the world to feast on the hash browns. I would have walked 5 miles for the hash browns!!! And the bread! Great job on running the restaurant gauntlet with astounding success!

DS is much better thanks! I may have jumped the gun on taking him to the doc yesterday to switch-up the eyedrops (first bottle did not seem to be helping much), but did not want to go through the weekend and not have him getting better. It is hard to tell anything was up with his eyes now - but we need to follow though with the meds through next week.

I hope you are having a fantastic weekend!
Old 02-02-2013, 10:48 AM
FitDay Member

Ama, I'm glad to hear DS's eyes are doing better. Better to be safe than sorry, so it's probably good that you got another meds prescription just in case you did need it. This might give you a giggle--when my now adult son was a kid, I took him to the doctor when I noticed a yellow lump on his tonsil--thought it was a nasty infection. The doctor looked a little puzzled and stuck a long cotton swab in there and chuckled when he discovered the yellow lump he fished out was a PIECE OF CORN. I got tickled to read that you'd walk five miles for hash browns. I have to admit giving up the hash browns at the restaurant was not a big sacrifice for me--I'd prefer fruit anyway. But here in the Midwest, they always serve hash browns or home fries with restaurant egg entrees. Potatoes and eggs just don't seem to go together for me--maybe it's because my Mom never served us potatoes for breakfast. I do love that restaurant's biscuits, though, so that WAS a sacrifice.

Wishing you a fantastic weekend, too. Big cyberhug to ya!
Old 02-02-2013, 11:44 AM
FitDay Member

That's hilarious about the corn Mern. haha.

You Mern on the superstar this week on dietary restraint. My gosh you are doing so good and it is paying off in your weight loss. So happy for you.

And, Joanna, on the exercise, good for you. The whole thing with the sugars and the appetite sounds complicated though. It sounds like your body is resisting. Homeostasis or something.

I laid in bed mostly all day, resting. Reading for work though so it was not unproductive. I can see normally close up. I could not resist the cheezies my husband bought yesterday and ate a wack of them. It's abstinence or nothing. Back on track tomorrow. No more cheezies in the house. He can have jujubes or something (because I hate them). It was very humbling to log that binge. I have never logged one before.

You were close Mern it's optic neuritis and it will likely just go away any day now. I always go no meds when possible. But if it lasts more than another few days I will go to the doc. I also have fatigue (anyone whose had it knows that it's different from being tired).I cannot wait to start exercising again. Taking it easy is getting on my nerves.

Welcome Jezzie fellow Canuck. So glad to meet you and welcome you to this thread.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:41 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) plan meals (seems to be working) - yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
2) stick to plan or reasonable substitutes - ish, yes, yes, yes, yes had Indian food but kept it to a controlled level; yeah I had 1/2 piece of roti (bread) and a cup of rice SUE ME holding steady at 130
3) water, gotta do it, 6 glasses c'mon - yup, no yes, yes ? ?
4) stretch -yes, yes, yes, yes PT, yes
5) meditate (also working) -yes, yes small 5 minutes, had to run out to doctor, yes NO yes, no
6) practice Spanish - no, no, no, no, yes, no and I can't even translate Mike's message, Babelfish help!!!
7) write 5 days this week - yes breakthrough!!! class yes! done with one, onto next!!! not really, tried, gave up yes, no
8) do not get discouraged (health, writing, family, etc.)- trying, yes no discouraged bout a couple of things but trying... can't give up; gave up but am working on it yes, yes I'm back and met someone who might help me, one day or two of self pity not bad, right?
Old 02-03-2013, 02:44 AM
FitDay Member

Plan:
egg whites and not nitrite ham
chicken and salad
Snacks:
fruit
lox
no nitrite bologna
pickle

Super Bowl dinner
pulled chicken (1 cup)
shrimp skewers (2)
chips (1.5 portion)
2 T hummus
veg
cheese (limited to 1.5 oz)
Old 02-03-2013, 02:45 AM
FitDay Member

more later, can't read posts MUST WRITE
Old 02-03-2013, 05:47 AM
FitDay Member

Robin, thanks so much for your encouragement. I have a one pound scale fluctuation (wrong way) today and hope to have it gone by tomorrow. I didn't get in my water yesterday plus had a high sodium meal that included both sausage and bacon. As far as binges go, many of us have them when we're not feeling well. Don't beat yourself up over it. We'll see you back on track tomorrow. So sorry about your optic neuritis--I hope it clears soon. What kind of meds do you use for that if you need them? I have some permanent vision loss from glaucoma. The optic nerve damage that caused my vision loss is mostly to basement vision--if I hold my hand just about an inch below my chin and look straight ahead, I can't see it. I've lost a bit of central vision but my two eyes working together see around that blind spot. My peripheral vision is still really great and I can pass a vision driving test without my glasses, so I count my blessings every time I get into my car. I hope you're feeling a little better today.

Hope, OMG, your reports all this week have been so great! Way to go!
I'm 66 years old and have never had Indian food. Ooh, geez, I've got to drink up--your report reminded me. At 1:30PM I've had only about 16 oz. I think I gave you the Babelfish translator link--can't remember and am too lazy to go back and look but it's just BabelFish - Free Online Translator Oh, I do so hope the person you met will be able to help you with not getting discouraged. I'm having chicken for lunch, too. I TOLD you great minds think alike--I was going to have pulled chicken today but can't afford the sauce carbs with the rest of my planned menu so went with a chicken wrap with spinach and horseraish sauce instead.

Today's menu:

Breakfast: mushroom omelet and 1/2 protein shake
Snack: protein square with Laughing Cow Cheese
Lunch: chicken breast and spinach wrap with horseradish sauce
Early dinner: salmon, low digestible carb pasta with roasted red pepper sauce, green beans
Evening snacks: another protein shake, 2 oz. chicken, black soybeans, another protein square

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.