7-Day Motivational Thread for 1/28/13 >

7-Day Motivational Thread for 1/28/13

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 1/28/13

Old 02-01-2013, 09:45 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone

Time to check in and say that I have not quit- still just not doing so well physically . Still logging. Ate too much yesterday (yeah I meant to have a few mixed nuts but should not have had access to the whole jar lol). But otherwise sticking with goals. Still not exercising and will not be until things settle down physically. I am doing yoga daily. Thanks for the good wishes.

I am so happy to hear the great losses here everyone. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

Mike I love the photo. Glad you enjoy the bike so much. I have a 1984 Honda. People are always trying to buy it off me. It's no racing bike but has a pretty fast take off. Out on the street you are one of those guys who whizzes past me.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:18 AM
FitDay Member

StitesR, hi and welcome to our group. Congratulations on being down 11 lbs. Sounds like you will be a great example to US! We start a new thread every Monday, so be sure to look for a new one next week. Some of us hang around here on weekends, too. We jokingly call ourselves the weekend warriors. Wow--only 15 minutes shy of your workout goal is fantastic. Way to go! I still have to exercise today and tomorrow and then get Sunday off. We're going out for breakfast tomorrow, so I pre-logged. I'm going to be a carb or so over and I think 3% over my sat fat goal, but it won't be a horrible Saturday food report, so I'm going to allow myself to enjoy the breakfast. Luckily the restaurant has a zero cholesterol egg substitute for my omelet and it's so good one would never know it's not shell eggs.

Jenn, it's an 18 minute cardio sculpt bootcamp of which I could do only 6 minutes yesterday. My sense of co-ordination wasn't pretty, either. LOL Thanks for your encouragement. When I first started my aerobic walking I could do only 5 minutes. Now I can do 30 minutes. But I'll bet this new workout is going to burn a lot more calories than my aerobic walking.

Robin, is it your auto-immune disorder that's still keeping you down physically? I hope you start feeling better soon! I hope you really enjoyed those nuts. I love nuts but eat unsalted almonds. Kudos on your yoga! Big gentle cyberhug to ya!

Last edited by Mern; 02-01-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Robingen

Mike I love the photo. Glad you enjoy the bike so much. I have a 1984 Honda. People are always trying to buy it off me. It's no racing bike but has a pretty fast take off. Out on the street you are one of those guys who whizzes past me.
I bet, classic bikes are herd to come by. For the most part, I'm an extremely safe and cautious rider on the street... unless there's not much around. Hell I don't leave the house without my leather gloves, jacket and a good helmet. I try to save my racing for the track.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:49 AM
FitDay Member

Daily vitamin: Y, Y, Y, Y, Y
Nothing out of a box, can, bag, bottle or package that has more than 5 ingredients listed on the label: N, but if I change this to 75% then Y, N, Y, Y, N
Drink lots of H2O: Y, Y, Y, Y, so far Y
Be mindful of portion sizes: Y, Y, Y, Y, plan to so Y
Exercise 3x this week: Not yet. Not yet. Good walk with DS and the dog!, No...

DS eyes are not totally clearing up, so I took him in today to the doc and got a different antibiotic. He has had this infection before (flares-up when he has a sinus cold), but fortunately it does not seem at all contagious... otherwise the whole family, to include cousins and grandparents would have gotten it from him. So 7 days to go with eye drops. At least he can go back to school next week - I missed so much work this week that my paycheck will be suffering greatly as it is!

I totally blew it today at lunch. DS wanted to go to Red Lobster, and I ordered fried fish. The menu said the meal was about 650 cals, could have been much worse! At least I did not have the fried fish on a bun with mayo and cheese (but I thought about it)...

Exercise has been rather non-existent this week, but I hope next week to get back into my gym routine. Sigh... I wish I loved the gym, but it continues to be a struggle for me to get motivated...

Tonight's meal plan - Salad, water, and a small piece of chocolate.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:43 PM
FitDay Member

Wow Ama, this eye infection has been an ordeal.............wishing a speedy recovery. Hard to keep the routines up when everything is out of whack. It's hard at the restaurant but sounds like you are salvaging your day.

Thanks for the hug Mern. Yes my energy is really poor right now and I have lost a lot of my sight. I have even had to stop driving. This however is temporary I know so I just patiently wait it out. I am so impressed with the DEDICATION to the exercise, and pushing yourself a little harder. You too Jenn. Impressive. When I exercise alone I don't push hard enough.

I will be on this weekend. Not doing much else.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

wow Mern, 6 pounds in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!! Before long you'll be at a new low. Keep it up while it's coming down!
Old 02-02-2013, 12:03 AM
FitDay Member

Hullo! I did okay yesterday - more lows, though, so over on calories. I don't think I hit my water goal either. But I did go to the gym! I'm going again this morning for a "master's class" which I guess they have every so often - it's supposed to be the usual workout but like x2 or something. Anyway, I figure, I'm going to try to not overdo too much tomorrow at my friend's super bowl party, but I'll likely eat more than normal, so may as well counteract it while I've got the chance! After today, I'll also have hit my goal of exercising 6 times this week.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:28 AM
FitDay Member

Joanna that must be so frustrating dealing with the lows. Congrats on meeting exercise goal. Kudos on the total weight loss too!!

Jenn
Old 02-02-2013, 03:13 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Jenn! Sometimes I feel like I'm treading water since I hit my lowest weight back in July, and now I'm having to re-cover that ground, but I try not to get to impatient with the process () and just keep working at it.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:52 AM
FitDay Member

• Cholesterol < 250 mg/day: 106, 236, 0, 115, 29
  • Exercise > 30 mins x 3: 45m, 50, N, N, 55,
  • Vegetables > 3 servings/day: N, Y, N, 2.5, 0
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 54, 106, 7, 44, 25
  • Calories < 1750 / day: 1430, 1904, 1000, 1251, 1434
  • Less Sugar: ~, Y, All Sugar, N., All Sugar + some Nuts
My eating is totally wacky this week. More liquids that anything else Basically throwing all inhibitions aside until Tuesday.

Mike: Most Harley guys think of VRods as the Bastard child of HD, but they are much faster than the average Hog. But we all have our own passions, I understand that. & on that note, HDR photos sound really interesting.

Mern & all, keep up the good work. 'See' y'all next week.

- Donna

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.