7-Day Motivational Thread for 1/28/13

Old 01-31-2013, 02:54 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) plan meals (seems to be working) - yes, yes, yes, yes
2) stick to plan or reasonable substitutes - ish, yes, yes, yes
3) water, gotta do it, 6 glasses c'mon - yup, no yes, yes
4) stretch -yes, yes, yes, yes
5) meditate (also working) -yes, yes small 5 minutes, had to run out to doctor, yes NO
6) practice Spanish - no, no, no, no
7) write 5 days this week - yes breakthrough!!! class yes! done with one, onto next!!! not really, tried, gave up
8) do not get discouraged (health, writing, family, etc.)- trying, yes no discouraged bout a couple of things but trying... can't give up; gave up but am working on it

Joanna, I hope you get your sugars to a good place.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
I was depressed over insurance company hassle. Decided not to MRI my knee just yet. Dr. SSP thinks it might be strained ligaments which would require PT anyway so I am going for PT (at 7am yippee!!!)
I went to hell wtih myself (I thought) with the calories but I logged and it was only 1200 and change. So if I close the kitchen for tonight, I'll be OK. Mern, I love sharing food ideas with you and this planning has really been helping me. Unbelievably.
Babelfish sound interesting. I guess it is an online translation thing. Mike and I are discussing our plan to overthrow the gov't. KIDDDING!!!! With my limited vocab, we are just wishing each other well on our goals.

Ama, thanks, I am hoping to break 130 soon. Or as Mern says get into a new decade lol. It will be mind blowing for me.

Mike I had a dream we met in a supermarket near me. You were with a short guy with a lot of tattoos. You know anyone like this?
Soy un chico corto, pero no tengo ningún tatuaje. ¿Qué tipo de molestias que usted tiene con su compañía de seguros? YO podría ser de ayuda o darle algunos consejos. En cuanto a derrocar el gobierno, no voy a empezar porque yo no podrá detener. Tengo la tendencia a obtener fácilmente fired up y esta es una perorata que me trata de mantenerse alejado de aquí porque me gusta ofender a algunos partidarios Obama.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

Mern,
Jaja, no estamos hablando de mucho. Me imaginé que desde esperanza está tratando de aprender español, iba a tratar de ayudar a ella a largo.

Sis, WTG TYNTGSJC! YNTD2MTW!!

Everyone else, I'll try to catch up tomorrow without a cryptic language.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:34 PM
FitDay Member

Mern Congrats on making great dinner choices! I entered most of my food for today yesterday and stuck really close to it so I will try to keep pre entering and see if I can carry good choices through the weekend.

Cassie Glad to hear your ok.

Krystal Glad to hear your ankles healing.

Hope Sorry to hear your feeling down I hope tomorrows better.

Have a great Friday everyone!!

Goals:
Walk Twice: M=N, T=N, W=N, T=N
Calories less than 1500: M=1098, T=1307, W=1315, T=1253
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M= -976, T= -767, W= -778, T= -847
No sugar: M=Y, T=(hmm had a bran muffin so probably=N), W=Y, T=N
Old 02-01-2013, 12:33 AM
FitDay Member

Thursday Report:
Day 4 of 21 Day Mindset Makeover

Tried a different cardio exercise video from another support website last evening and could do only about six minutes of it. I ran out of steam because it's more challenging than my aerobic walking DVD. I'll try to add a couple minutes per day until I can do the whole thing. Still didn't reach my fiber goal. I need to make that a priority.

Calorie range 1200-1800 1404, 1212, 1223, 1230
Follow 21 Day Mindset Makeover guidelines for meal and snack content and spacing, calories, fat, etc. with my health management tweaks. B+, YES, YES, B+ )
Saturated fat 10% or less of total calories 14%, 7%, 10%, 11%
Cholesterol 250mg or less 155mg, 140mg, 210mg, 210mg
Protein minimum 100g (plan is has unlimited protein) 110g, 115g, 124g, 126g
Net carb limit average 25g (total carbs less fiber) 27g, 25g, 24g, 26g
Dietary fiber minimum 25g 40g, 21g, 23g, 24g
Water 64 oz. YES, YES, YES, I THINK I DID
Exercise 5 days ONE. DAY OFF, TWO, THREE but just 6 minutes of more challenging exericise--good effort, though

Today's pre-logged menu:

Breakfast: zero cholesterol egg substitute omelet with spinach, mushrooms, and roasted red pepper Alfredo sauce

Snack: protein shake

Lunch: homemade chicken noodle soup ("low digestible carb")

Snack: chocolate coconut flaxmeal muffin

Dinner: pork barbecue with sugar free pickle relish in a low carb tortilla, broccoli slaw with ranch dressing

Snack: chicken breast and protein shake

Last edited by Mern; 02-01-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:41 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thurs. Report

• Cholesterol < 250 mg/day: 106, 236, 0, 115
  • Exercise > 30 mins x 3: 45m, 50, N, N,
  • Vegetables > 3 servings/day: N, Y, N, 2.5
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 54, 106, 7, 44,
  • Calories < 1750 / day: 1430, 1904, 1000 (exactly!), 1251
  • Less Sugar: ~, Y, All Sugar, N (too much milk chocolate)
Got the 'all clear' from the Proc Doc. Calorie count should hopefully average out to normal after the Superbowl party. Last year SB Sunday was beat only by Christmas as a record breaking calorie ingestion day.

Krystal: Good luck w/ your move!

Ama: Hope the eye infection has cleared up for your son. (DS?)

Mern: Your Mindset Makeover seems to be working well! Keep up the good work.

Joanna: Wishing you the best getting a grip on your sugar issues.

Mike: I'd probably be more impressed with your bike pics if my Honey didn't have a V-Rod in our garage. Although, the composition is interesting...

- Donna
Old 02-01-2013, 01:42 AM
FitDay Member

Jenn, I have not so good days when I'm low on veggies, too. Kudos on your workout.

Tori, 1956 signifies not much over 1800. Could have been a lot worse, so you deserve a lot of credit for effort. Aw, come on--how about just 25 jumping jacks as an exercise baby step? (Yeah, I'm a nag.)

Donna, glad to know you got the "all clear" for your peace of mind. Do you have a calorie minimum? Enjoy the Superbowl party. Thanks for your encouragement on my 21 Day Mindset.

Joanna, nice job Thursday. Keep up the good work! Hope you get the blood sugar regulated soon.

Darlene, thanks for your support on my food choices. The pre-logging has been a huge help to me so far this week. I'll join you in carrying the pre-planning and pre-logging through the weekend.

Mike, way to go! Best wishes on the one more workout and 10 more miles!

Mike and Hope, yes babelfish.com is an online translator. My GD did pretty well translating, too. She just didn't know the Spanish word for along, but got that Mike is helping Hope learn Spanish. Somehow she missed the plan to overthrow the government. LOL (FCC, Secret Service, and CIA--just kidding! )

Hope, so sorry about your insurance company hassle. How many PT sessions did Dr. SSP prescribe? Do you think his diagnosis of probable ligament strain might be right? 7AM PT--yuck! Kudos on nailing your calorie limit. Have fun with your poker game and snacks. Chocolate nibs pie sounds yummy! I have some unsweetened coconut--think I might experiment this weekend with low carb chocolate coconut tarts made with tortilla shells. Nice menu! Great that you are doing so well sticking to your plan. Squash sounds good--I might include that in tomorrow's menu--thanks. The preplanning is really helping me, too, but with this new way of eating I'm doing I find I also have to pre-log to be sure I'm getting the appropriate amount of protein and fat with each meal and snack.

Last edited by Mern; 02-01-2013 at 02:08 AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:14 AM
FitDay Member

Default great start

Hi,
Im having a good start to the year, down 11lbs. I need to keep up the momentum and hope this forum will help. You guys are great examples for me. I just dont want to plateau.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:57 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, how long is the workout (total)? When I first started the step workout I think I could do 10min and now I can do 30 so I know in time you can do it!! My sense of co-ordination wasn't pretty at the beginning either
If I count Sun I'm 15 min shy of my goal for workouts! I'm happy I get to take weekend off!! Just have to plan out meals a little better.

Jenn
Old 02-01-2013, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dmartz
Mike: I'd probably be more impressed with your bike pics if my Honey didn't have a V-Rod in our garage. Although, the composition is interesting...

- Donna
I guess I should say thanks. I've never been into HD's but I do envy the "brotherhood" the owners have for each other, what they do for the community, our veterans, etc. You just don't see that in the sportbike scene. I have a couple friends that went from a sportbike to a HD and love it and they were telling me I should get one. They also know that they were wasting their breath because they know me well enough to know that I like to go fast. To the average person, a HD may seem fast but HD doesn't roll anything off their line that comes even close to the speed and handling of a modern day sportbike (which is nothing more than a street legal race bike). The way a bike looks is all about personal preference. The performance or lack-there-of, is undeniable.

I can honestly say that I'll probably never own a HD but IF I ever grow up and decide it's no longer time to live life in the fast lane, I'd probably get a custom built chopper.

As for the composition. It's what they call HDR (High Dynamic Rage). It's actually 3 pictures taken at 3 different exposures. One regular, one over exposed and one under exposed, then merged together as one. It gives a better variance in color and brings out more detail. So my goal was to find a run down building for the backdrop. I figured the worse the backdrop looked, the better my Suzuki would look, right? The hard part for me is it should be done on a tripod and since I rode out to Mississippi on the bike to take the pictures, I had no place for my tripod.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.