Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7-Day Motivational Thread for 1/21/13 >

7-Day Motivational Thread for 1/21/13

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 1/21/13

Old 01-24-2013, 06:27 AM
FitDay Member

Yay, finally able to log on today! Thank goodness for my iPhone app so I could still log my food.

I had a bit of a blowout day yesterday, foodwise, but I kind of made the conscious decision to do so. I think I ended up around 2600 calories. After three weeks almost never above 1400 calories, it was a welcome change
Old 01-24-2013, 07:03 AM
FitDay Member

Yay, I'm finally in! This is my third attempt.
I'm not even going to attempt to log but food choices not very good today!! At least I am drinking the water.

Taking the day off from exercising--a little sore this morning. Today was the first time I had been out -15 this morning without windchill. Holy cow it's cold!!!
Jenn
Old 01-24-2013, 10:27 AM
FitDay Member

I was just lucky I had leftover plan-friendly foods in the fridge today since I couldn't pre-log my foods and figure out my portion sizes due to FitDay's server problems. I'm all logged now, including my evening snack and thanks to a having a can of tuna and some Walden Farms salad dressing I'll be able to meet all my goals without going over in carbs or fat.

I made the kale chips and they were quite good, but I made a mistake storing the cooled chips in a plastic bag and they softened. They won't go to waste, though--I'll still eat them.

Today's menu was unconventional because I wanted something different for breakfast and wanted to finish up all the leftovers. My food all day was really delicious, though:

Breakfast was the last of the casserole of turkey sausage, pasta, tomatoes, green peppers and onion
Lunch was the last of the low carb veggie soup and the last ounce of deli sliced turkey
Dinner was a fabulous chili I made from leftover lean pork I had frozen after the last pork tenderloin I cooked. I simmered the pork and black soybeans in some chicken stock and added seasonings. At the end I mixed into my portion just a tablespoon of sour cream. YUM!
Snacks: kale and banana protein powder "clippy" eaten with a spoon (like a smoothie, but eaten with a spoon because the finest I can get the kale in the food processor is the consistency of grass clippings--but the snack is totally yummy.) , kale chips, veggie burger patty, tuna with Walden Farms zero cal, zero everything salad dressing.

Ama, so you have a farm? What other animals do you have? I have very fond childhood memories of my grandparents farm. They always had chickens and a rooster, a cow, a horse, a stye of pigs, and I think a billy goat, always a hunting dog and a cat.

Cassie, OMG, so sorry you had to work on just four hours of sleep. Awesome report through Wednesday. Don't knock yourself down for not remembering from two and a half years ago that the trail mix you made was a trigger food. You do a great job the rest of the time. I'll bet it's delicious. Hope you got better and more sleep last night.

Darlene, kudos on having thrown out the "before" pants. I did that, too. I've still got a lonnnnnnnng way to get to an ideal weight but I don't want 24 lb. wider pants that I can grow back into. Your goal number 2 (better choices) is a good one. (Reminds me--my eight year old grandson told me this morning he's going to make better behavior choices since I told him from now on he has to EARN time on my computer. It was good for me to hear. ) Way to go on making time to take care of yourself. We can take care of our families without being martyrs--that's something that was hard for me to learn.

Donna, great Wednesday report! I hope FitDay is able to get the glitches fixed soon. I know they really do care and are trying.

Joanna, glad you were able to log on with your iPhone. Some may disagree, but I think sometimes a blowout day helps keep our body guessing and the change could be beneficial in breaking a plateau. I'm glad you enjoyed your deviation from the routine.

Jenn, glad you finally got on. I tried unsuccessfully so many times today that I lost count. Finally at about 6PM eastern time I was able to get back on after my post this morning. It's still really cold here, too.

Last edited by Mern; 01-24-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:51 PM
FitDay Member

It's late I am tired and I just now got logged in. Unlike last week I have had lots of problems with the site this week. That being said all is well here, I have been managing to log in my food and activity just haven't been able to access forums and can't always get on for the logging either (so I have been logging it all together about once a day).

Things are well, still experimenting with the green smoothies. Tried romaine, kale and spinach with a variety of foods and they are all surprisingly good.

Getting to the gym as scheduled despite the average -36 with the wind chill.

I'll have to try to catch up on the posts later
Old 01-24-2013, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Obviously you all are aware that they're still working on the tech issues. Hang in there; they're trying and will get it resolved as soon as they can.

1. Calories under 1300 daily. 1276, 1299 (seriously), 1278, 1266
2. Log everything; post update daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Stick to my pie chart rules. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Take vitamins and supplements daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Eat clean; no trigger foods. Yes, Not on purpose, but I discovered a new trigger food, Only not clean food was canned soup-was rushing and I made mac and cheese for the boys and I wasn't eating that calorie bomb after having lunch catered! Yes
6. 4 fruits/veggies per day. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
7. 64 oz. fluids daily. No, Yes, Yes, No
8. Exercise 6 times.
9. Drive at least 5 times with the boy...last push before the test! One, Two
10. Revise HIPAA forms. *Need to postpone this to Wed...just found out I have a report to get done this weekend
Old 01-24-2013, 05:52 PM
FitDay Member

Glad to here its not just me struggling to get on the site, but on a good note I logged all my food and came in under 1400 today .
Night all.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:14 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Cassie I hope the whole logging issue does not drive many away! That is very unfortunate.

At various times I have seen people write about discouragement over plateaus. I know what a plateau is but I decided to hunt for a more formal definition. It's such a big issue I guess and causes some people to give up.

Anyway I found this really good definition and tips on a site called "built Lean" - don't know how to insert the link and don't know if I would be allowed anyway.

Key Issues: Must be 3 weeks at the same weight to be considered a plateau. Than you have to figure out if it is a weight loss plateau or a fat loss plateau as they are not the same thing. If you are truly on a fat loss plateau, for some reason you are not burning more cals than you are taking in. Usually because you are smaller, have lost a bunch of weight, and therefore burn fewer calories.

Rarely is the "starvation mode" the explanation and usually only applies when you are consistently eating under 1000 a day.

That's my summary of it, I thought it was very helpful. Check it yourself if you are interested.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:51 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thurs.

• Cholesterol < 250 mg/day: 166, 143, 131, 98
  • Exercise > 30 mins x 3: Y(50m), Y(45m)
  • Eat Vegetables > 3 servings/day: Y(4), Y(3), N(2), Y(3)
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 82, 72, 59, 71
  • Total Calories < 1750 / day: 1445, 1300, 1411, 1859
  • Less Sugar intake (subjective): N, Y, Y, N
Too much sugar. And I see an interval of high-cal./chol./carb. eating in my future this weekend.

Robin: The blog section of Built lean is interesting. Thanks for posting it. I was on a 'plateau' for months last year, so I don't know what to call that, other than perseverance.
I especially liked the reference photos of body fat percentage. Quite motivating!

- Donna

Last edited by dmartz; 01-25-2013 at 02:10 AM.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:54 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bojibridge
Yay, finally able to log on today! Thank goodness for my iPhone app so I could still log my food.

I had a bit of a blowout day yesterday, foodwise, but I kind of made the conscious decision to do so. I think I ended up around 2600 calories. After three weeks almost never above 1400 calories, it was a welcome change
Was there any rum cake or a blast involved? If not, go back and do it right!
Old 01-25-2013, 06:28 AM
FitDay Member

No, I actually could have had a waaay better blowout, but it did involve a very tasty quesadilla.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.