7-Day Motivational Thread for 1/21/13 >

7-Day Motivational Thread for 1/21/13

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 1/21/13

Old 01-21-2013, 04:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Robin, this is very cool. Did you just do it in a blender, or do you have a super powerful juicer or other machine? Have fun experimenting with your other ingredients!
Just a normal blender although it is a good one that does ice up quite easily.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:51 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, those goals look good (a lot of them).
Wow Mern seems like you have found a plan that works for you!

Ahh Joanna I think you and I are in the same boat today. I worked out 4 days last week, ate fairly well (had one off day) and I am up a pound today. WHAT?? And I could justify "oh maybe it's water" or whatever but I really could've done better with my eating choices. I need to realize that I will probably only lose weight if I actually stick to eating within my carb limit!

Jenn
Old 01-21-2013, 04:55 AM
FitDay Member

GOALS
1. 4 servings of fruits/veggies
2. Eat within carb/protein limit 130/60
3. 6 glasses of water
4. Exercise 5X 30min
5. Log 5 days
6. Keep a positive attitude

Personal goals
Finish writing prompt
Clean out kitchen cupboards
Old 01-21-2013, 10:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by bojibridge
...and I keep having to remind myself that good things are happening in the inside, even if I'm not seeing it on the scale.
Aw, Joanna, I know EXACTLY what you mean. I kept running around in circles and wound up 14 freakin' pounds heavier than at my last doctor visit in August. Sometimes I do well on exercise and sometimes I detest it. Right now I have the motivation but am having to force myself to do it. But you are so right that even though you're not seeing it on the scale, good things are happening on the inside. I recognize that it's not always easy to come up with tweaks that will work to your advantage. How about looking to come up with some new healthful snacks. Use your creativity--I did that last week and found Laughing Cow Light Cheese spread on and rolled up in deli sliced turkey breast is really delicious--to me, I mean. Or try a new food or recipe each week. Might not spur your weight loss, but it would be better than caving to chips. Huge hugs to ya!

Hope! Hi and big cyberhug to ya! ! I missed that you were on a Carribean vacation! Glad you still are! Your food plan sounds wonderful and your goals great. Enjoy!

Mike, well 10 miles is a great goal! More power to ya!

Cassie, thanks so much for your encouragement on my new tweaks. LOL on your take about plateaus being nature's way of testing to see if we're really serious. One thing to my advantage--it's taking me a long time to get where I want to be, but I'm too darned stubborn to give up.

Robin, nice simple goals you listed this week. Thanks for your encouragement, too. Yes, I was elated to finally see the scale moving again and I feel really refreshed and confident I can make some real progress now. Thanks for sharing the ingredients in your smoothie. I think I'll play around with making my shakes more interesting--maybe add spinach and strawberries to my low carb vanilla protein shake tomorrow. I don't have a blender--I'll see what I could do in my food processor. I was thinking about your snowshoeing last night and guessing my hip sockets and glutes would feel the burn. It may even burn more calories than swimmimg, depending on the depth and wetness/weight of the snow. I won't be doing snowshoeing, except in my imagination.

Jenn, I HOPE my initial success with weight loss continues. We shall see. Thanks for your encouragement. Best wishes with your really nice goals again this week.

Last edited by Mern; 01-21-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:23 AM
FitDay Member

Smile hi, ITs my first day... and I can't understand my chart...

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Good Morning and Happy Monday, FitDayers

I know it's a holiday for many, but I'll go ahead and start. My logging on has still been sporadic, but it is No Excuses for me this week, so complaining is not an option. Well, maybe complaining is, but not falling off the boards (or the wagon, lol)!

Goals:

1. Calories under 1300 daily.
2. Log everything; post update daily.
3. Stick to my pie chart rules
4. Take vitamins and supplements daily.
5. Eat clean; no trigger foods.
6. 4 fruits/veggies per day.
7. 64 oz. fluids daily.
8. Exercise 6 times.
9. Drive at least 5 times with the boy...last push before the test!
10. Revise HIPAA forms.

Hope everyone has a great week!
\
w
Old 01-21-2013, 11:08 AM
FitDay Member

Lily, hi. Welcome to our group. What chart are you talking about? Maybe if you tell us a little more we can try to help you. Is it your eating plan guidelines or directions from your doctor or what?

Robin, Cassie, anyone interested in smoothies. I don't have a blender but do have a fairly new Hamilton Beach Food Processor. I wanted to try a spinach smoothie after reading about Robin's green smoothie. I took 2 oz. fresh spinach leaves and pulsed them until finely chopped, then I added just a little bit of water at a time and whirred it on low until it got ground really well and then, still adding the water slowly, whirred it on high until I had the entire amount of liquid in there I wanted for my serving of smoothie. The spinach is not completely liquified, is slightly gritty in texture, but it's quite OK for my preferences. I used fresh spinach, pasteurized egg substitute (like Egg Beaters), vanilla protein shake powder, and a dash of nutmeg. Not bad at all. Tomorrow, when I have more carbs to spare, I'll make it again with strawberries added in at the beginning or use 6 oz. yogurt and just half the protein powder. YUM!
Old 01-21-2013, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Lily14212
\
w
Can you be a little more specific?
Old 01-21-2013, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

Quick check in, just got home and about to head out the door for pool league.

Originally Posted by bojibridge
Hey folks, I'm here for the week! I'm working on not getting frustrated at this plateau I'm on, especially since it doesn't feel like I hardly made any progress since recommitting before I got stuck. I mean, I know the deal, but it's just do frustrating, and I keep having to remind myself that good things are happening in the inside, even if I'm not seeing it on the scale. It's just like, well screw it, I'm gonna eat potato chips 'til the cows come home, since being careful and working out doesn't seem to be making any difference. It takes so much mental energy to stay on track - you guys know how it is. I basically have to never stop thinking about not eating for even a second, can't let the guard down at all. And then I see no results. And I don't even feel happier knowing I've eaten well. I feel like I'd be happier if I'd just eaten the darn chips. Argh!

Okay, vent! I think I've just been sitting at home bored for the last three days, and also, I'm frickin' sick of being a work in progress! I just want to have reached my goal already.

Haha, no really , done venting.
I'm in a hurry, I'm going to read this and get back with you later.

Originally Posted by Mern
Mike, well 10 miles is a great goal! More power to ya!
Woot woot, I got this.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:18 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the encouragement, guys. Just a wee funk, I suppose - these things happen. Cassie, I think you're right in terms of stepping away from the scale. I think I'll wait to weigh again 'til next Monday. I'm usually pretty good about taking the vagaries of the scale in stride, and find weighing daily more encouraging than not. However, I know I'm doing good things with my eating and working out, so I probably just need to be good with that for a bit.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

Check in:

1. Calories under 1300 daily. 1276
2. Log everything; post update daily. Yes
3. Stick to my pie chart rules. Yes
4. Take vitamins and supplements daily. Yes
5. Eat clean; no trigger foods. Yes
6. 4 fruits/veggies per day. Yes
7. 64 oz. fluids daily. No
8. Exercise 6 times.
9. Drive at least 5 times with the boy...last push before the test! One
10. Revise HIPAA forms.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.