7-Day Motivational Thread for 1/21/13

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 1/21/13

Old 01-23-2013, 10:06 AM
FitDay Member

GOALS
1. 4 servings of fruits/veggies 34,4
2. Eat within carb/protein limit 130/60 Mon and Wed NOTues not sure?
3. 6 glasses of water yes, yes, yes
4. Exercise 5X 30min 30, 30, 40
5. Log 5 days Mon NO, Tues had problems logging onWed yes
6. Keep a positive attitude yes, yes, yes

Jenn
Old 01-23-2013, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bojibridge
Hey folks, I'm here for the week! I'm working on not getting frustrated at this plateau I'm on, especially since it doesn't feel like I hardly made any progress since recommitting before I got stuck. I mean, I know the deal, but it's just do frustrating, and I keep having to remind myself that good things are happening in the inside, even if I'm not seeing it on the scale. It's just like, well screw it, I'm gonna eat potato chips 'til the cows come home, since being careful and working out doesn't seem to be making any difference. It takes so much mental energy to stay on track - you guys know how it is. I basically have to never stop thinking about not eating for even a second, can't let the guard down at all. And then I see no results. And I don't even feel happier knowing I've eaten well. I feel like I'd be happier if I'd just eaten the darn chips. Argh!

Okay, vent! I think I've just been sitting at home bored for the last three days, and also, I'm frickin' sick of being a work in progress! I just want to have reached my goal already.

Haha, no really , done venting.
Okay, I might not be in here log before I get kicked out but wanted to address this.

I would apologize before I open my mouth but I think you know to expect ANYTHING I may blurt out. I think you may be full of s#!t, no really, in the literal sense. Not like I want to know, so you don't have to answer that part, but if it's true, it could cause you to hold on to excess weight. So if you've lost a couple "true" pounds but you aren't spending enough time on the most important seat in the house (ask any guy, he'll agree that there is no seat that is more important) it may look like a plateau. If that's the case, look into some poo poo tea. Target (probably Walmart) sell Organic Smooth Move by Traditional Medicinals. It works wonders, if that's the case, you'll thank me. I have mentioned it to someone else here (I won't name names) and lets just say... she likes her poo poo tea.

If that's not the case, maybe you just need to change your diet. Sometimes a shock to the system is all we need to kick start it. I know people that have eaten CLEAN for a long time, then they reach a plateau. You know what I tell them? Eat dirty for a meal. I tell them to go get some fried chicken, mashed taters and gravy, whatever. Nine times out of ten it works. Can you guess why? Soon after they eat it they are sitting on THAT seat.

I'm at a different point than you, unfortunately. I don't think much about eating clean. In fact I find myself trying to rationalize that it's okay to eat junk and when I do, then I gut down about it.

Well, I'm out for now.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:18 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks again, guys, for the encouragement. Mike - I'm actually very aware of, well, how often I go. The ironic thing is that last week was the most regular I've ever been in my life - not kidding! It was like clockwork! You might be right about the diet. I also thing part of it was that I'd started these boot camp classes and I have some inflammation from muscle soreness, etc. I appreciate the response!
Old 01-23-2013, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bojibridge
Thanks again, guys, for the encouragement. Mike - I'm actually very aware of, well, how often I go. The ironic thing is that last week was the most regular I've ever been in my life - not kidding! It was like clockwork! You might be right about the diet. I also thing part of it was that I'd started these boot camp classes and I have some inflammation from muscle soreness, etc. I appreciate the response!
No problem. How has your sodium and water intake been?

Cassie and sis, Mytsie says thanks. I think shes ready to pack her bags. I hope I don't have to break the bad news to her.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:27 PM
FitDay Member

Wednesday Report:
Day 7 of 21 Day Metabolism Makeover
Adapted to my need to manage blood sugar and cholesterol

Follow plan guidelines for meal/snack content and spacing, calories, fat, etc. YES, YES,[COLOR="red"]No-knowingly went over in carbs with a Town House pretzel cracker and SF chocolate
Calorie minimum 1200 1239, 1299, 1206
Sat fat limit 10% of total calories 7%, 9%, 9%
Net carb limit 25g 24g, 24g, ]27/5g
Fiber minimum 25g 26g, 25g. 38g
Dietary cholesterol under 250mg per day 249, 249, 200mg
Protein 120g minimum 173g, 134g, 120g
Water 64 oz. (I can't do the plan's 96 oz.) YES, YES, YES
Exercise 5 days (I won't do plan's 6 days) YES, YES, YES
Old 01-23-2013, 01:34 PM
FitDay Member

Whoa! I had my worst time ever trying to get logged in. I think I'll wait until morning to make replies to your posts--hopefully by then this aggravating glitch will have been resolved.

Wednesday Report:
Day 7 of 21 Day Metabolism Makeover
Adapted to my need to manage blood sugar and cholesterol

Follow plan guidelines for meal/snack content and spacing, calories, fat, etc. YES, YES, NO-knowingly went over in carbs with a Town House pretzel cracker and SF chocolate
Calorie minimum 1200 1239, 1299, 1206
Sat fat limit 10% of total calories 7%, 9%, 9%
Net carb limit 25g 24g, 24g, 27.5g
Fiber minimum 25g 26g, 25g. 38g
Dietary cholesterol under 250mg per day 249, 249, 200mg
Protein 120g minimum 173g, 134g, 120g
Water 64 oz. (I can't do the plan's 96 oz.) YES, YES, YES
Exercise 5 days (I won't do plan's 6 days) YES, YES, YES

Last edited by Mern; 01-23-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Things seem to be running very slow tonight! I'm logging in and staying in, but things take forever to load and change. Ugh.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry I'm not too chatty and responding to posts. By tomorrow evening, things should slow down a bit for me and I can get back into it. Right now I'm working on 4 hours of sleep so I'm just going to post my update and hit the bed.

1. Calories under 1300 daily. 1276, 1299 (seriously), 1278
2. Log everything; post update daily. Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Stick to my pie chart rules. Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Take vitamins and supplements daily. Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Eat clean; no trigger foods. Yes, Not on purpose, but I discovered a new trigger food, Only not clean food was canned soup-was rushing and I made mac and cheese for the boys and I wasn't eating that calorie bomb after having lunch catered!
6. 4 fruits/veggies per day. Yes, Yes, Yes
7. 64 oz. fluids daily. No, Yes, Yes
8. Exercise 6 times.
9. Drive at least 5 times with the boy...last push before the test! One, Two
10. Revise HIPAA forms.

Mern...trail mix. It was trail mix. But now that I think about it, I should have known; I made it before about 2.5 years ago. It's a little spicy and a little sweet, and while it uses egg white instead of butter, it's still easy to eat too much .

'Night, all.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:57 PM
FitDay Member

Hi thanks for the welcome backs Cassie and Mern.

Mern as for goals this week is about choices 1) buy new pants because I threw out my "before" clothes when I hit the "after" goal (lol) and they are now feeling very snug or 2) get my act together and start making healthy choices so my pants fit. 3) Continue to blame crappy work hours and stress for my eating or 4) plan better and make time to take care of myself after all theirs always time in my life to take care of everyone else. So having said that my goal is to think healthy and be smart about food this week and on monday I will set some real goals!

Have a great night everyone.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:22 AM
FitDay Member

Default Wed.

• Cholesterol < 250 mg/day: 166, 143, 131
  • Exercise > 30 mins x 3: Y(50m)
  • Eat Vegetables > 3 servings/day: Y(4), Y(3), N(2)
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 82, 72, 59
  • Total Calories < 1750 / day: 1445, 1300, 1411
  • Less Sugar intake (subjective): N, Y, Y
Ack! Fitday servers are wacked today!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.