Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 1/21/13

Old 01-22-2013, 04:00 AM
FitDay Member

Caty, major kudos on that 3.6 lb. loss your first week! Way to go! Sorry you had to hunt for us. Yeah, we start a new thread each Monday. The weather here in southern Ohio is really frigid, too. It got down to -5 last night. Right now (almost noon) it's 24 above zero on my thermometer, but it feels much colder than that.

Hope, I saw several people mentioning they missed you. Are you on a ship or in a hotel? Is the food expensive all over the part of the Carribean where you are. Have you sought out any places where the locals eat? I've never been there so have no idea what it's like other than what you've told us so far. I hadn't heard of Take Shape for Life. Like you, I think pre-packaged foods are fine for those who want to do it, as long as they're eating balanced meals, but it's not for me. My other thing is that I like that I have time to cook my own stuff--I very seldom make a recipe exactly as in the ingredients list.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:06 AM
FitDay Member

There's a recipe for kale chips on allrecipes.com. Nothing to it! I am thinking of trying it in the actifry as I can use less oil.

Today is my birthday and I told my kids I do not want any cake. This is strange because it is not a diet thing at all (I am ok with splurging for my birthday). I seriously think I have detoxed my taste buds and I am kinda disgusted by cake. ???? This is not me.....who is this person? I would definitely be ok with permanently eating only clean.

I know I cannot "treat" myself though because then the carb cravings would start. yep, it's definitely an addiction.

Hey Mern, enjoy the smoothie.

Cassie, warmed up would be disgusting I think. But if you try it let us know.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:52 AM
FitDay Member

Ugh, all my office mates went and got Italian for lunch and are surrounding me, eating it. I'm working on changing my attitude from, "Why can't I be eating Italian like all the (mostly) skinny people around me," to "I am going to be so much happier having made healthy lunch decisions and one day, all their fast metabolisms will have slowed down and they'll be sorry if they haven't fixed their ways." Haha, not to wish unhealthiness on my office mates, but seriously, folks.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:20 AM
FitDay Member

Caty, that weight loss is awesome!!
Ha Joanna--good attitude!

I'm behind since I didn't do my goals yesterday.
GOALS
1. 4 servings of fruits/veggies 3
2. Eat within carb/protein limit 130/60 NO
3. 6 glasses of water yes
4. Exercise 5X 30min yes
5. Log 5 days no
6. Keep a positive attitude yes

Personal goals
Finish writing prompt almost, interesting!
Clean out kitchen cupboards

Did 2 workouts for Wii Sports Active today which totalled 35min. It's something I enjoy doing so it makes working out not so bad.
Jenn
Old 01-22-2013, 07:44 AM
FitDay Member

Focus on whole foods, fruits and veggies: Y
Do not eat anything out of a box, can, bag, bottle or package that has more than 5 ingredients listed on the label: Y
Vitamin daily: N
Lots of water: Y
Work hard: M - took a holiday so N
Stay positive ;-) : Y

Robin - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I have been blending breakfast lately as well – I found that a handful of blueberries make most any combination of smoothie ingredients taste great!

Joanna – Sorry about your frustrations yesterday. You are doing really great!!! Love your attitude about a healthy lunch!

Mern – All I see is green! Yay! Your menu for today sounds delicious!

Jenn – Wii sounds like a fun workout!

Donna – I don’t think logging everything is obsessive at all! Good job with your Focus!

Cassie – Good luck this week! I love your No Excuses theme.

Hope – On vacation and still have a plan? Way to go!

Mike – Where are your goals? Shall we throw a few your way?

Caty – Great progress on your first week!

Lily – Welcome to FD! I am looking forward to seeing your list of goals!
Old 01-22-2013, 07:59 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Everyone!

I'm still running into a lot of log on issues. It may just be the time of day that I try. Over the weekend, I couldn't get into the forums at all. Again, some issues today. Just wanted to pop in and say that I'm doing well and only 5 lbs, from my summer goal weight. My secret weapon has been my panini maker! I can make a low-cal, healthy lunch or supper in 10 minutes and 250 calories. It's been awesome. I have a commercial one, but you can buy a decent one for $25.

Another thing that I have been doing since the first of the year is roasting a whole chicken on Sunday, shredding it and then using the meat for lunches and suppers during the week. Today for lunch, I used a Joseph's Flatbread (90 calories), 1/2c. of my chicken seasoned with my own Mexican seasoning blend, put it in the panini maker and then topped it with fresh salsa, lettuce, tomato and onion on top. It was amazing! I roast the chicken with a dry rub, and then remove the skin, fat and bones. This way, I can season it, on demand, 100 different ways. I've done Chicken Caesar Wraps, Mexican "burritos", and used it on a bunch of different salads. It's so quick and convenient. I don't know why I've never done this before.

Time to think about supper... May do broiled shrimp or salmon tonight. Have a great day!
Old 01-22-2013, 11:54 AM
FitDay Member

Hey y'all! I'm not making goals this week, cause my heart and head just aren't in it. I've been making good choices, and logging my food, just can't seem to make any goals this week. I have a message from Mike though. And this is verbatim what he said I could say

"Okay, you can quote me too. "Ama, Mern, quinniepoo, whomever is looking for me... I can't get the damn forums. I've tried multiple devices with multiple browsers with no mother effing luck. So for now y'all will just have to do without me.<---- I approve this message"

So, that's why we've been MIA. Hope all have a great week.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:02 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Caty, major kudos on that 3.6 lb. loss your first week! Way to go! Sorry you had to hunt for us. Yeah, we start a new thread each Monday. The weather here in southern Ohio is really frigid, too. It got down to -5 last night. Right now (almost noon) it's 24 above zero on my thermometer, but it feels much colder than that.
Schools have been closed here for the past two days due to the cold. The windchill has been between -25 & -35!
Old 01-22-2013, 12:05 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Hey y'all! I'm not making goals this week, cause my heart and head just aren't in it. I've been making good choices, and logging my food, just can't seem to make any goals this week. I have a message from Mike though. And this is verbatim what he said I could say

"Okay, you can quote me too. "Ama, Mern, quinniepoo, whomever is looking for me... I can't get the damn forums. I've tried multiple devices with multiple browsers with no mother effing luck. So for now y'all will just have to do without me.<---- I approve this message"

So, that's why we've been MIA. Hope all have a great week.
Yep... you can tell Mike that I've been in the same boat. This afternoon is the first time that I could get on since Friday, I think.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Yep... you can tell Mike that I've been in the same boat. This afternoon is the first time that I could get on since Friday, I think.
Woot, miraculously I can get in now. Quinniepoo, rest assured we will get this issued resolved. I hope soon. I just so happened to check in, about to sit down and watch a movie.

Joanna, I didn't forget about you.

I hope the next time I try to get in and actually do get in I have enough time to get caught up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.